New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

Sorry, I'm not sure which dialogue did I miss. Are you talking about the event on the third floor when you leave the control room by the end of mission 11? Can you post the screenshot of the map so I could fix that? Also, the second line issue is fixed.

Rainyday

Quote from: Lisk on September 07, 2012, 10:28:55 AM
Also, a little survey for possible consistency breach: what should I do about our pink-haired warlock apprentice タルト? Which name would you prefer? Direct romanization, Taruto? Some workaround like Taru? Less direct translation like Tarte? Leaving her as she is now? The latter option is making me feel more and more awkward, because FIRIE.

Tart always felt awkward because it's used sometimes in slang as a pretty rude insult.
Even though it's a minor change, I think Tarte is quite a good compromise for some reason.

Franklin

Quote from: Lisk on September 07, 2012, 11:52:28 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure which dialogue did I miss. Are you talking about the event on the third floor when you leave the control room by the end of mission 11? Can you post the screenshot of the map so I could fix that? Also, the second line issue is fixed.
It's right at the start when you go to accept the mission.

Lisk

Interesting, looks like I've missed a big chunk of something. Give me your save before you take the mission, I'm going over Hayate's place today and we'll fiddle around with it this weekend. And no, it's not the conference, the conference is mission 13 and it's a major plot point. I believe you've triggered some sidequest event, but I'm not sure yet. [spoiler]All of you will be added to the endroll credits scene.[/spoiler]

Franklin

Quote from: Lisk on September 08, 2012, 04:08:13 AM
I believe you've triggered some sidequest event, but I'm not sure yet.
Oh wow. I thought it was just part of the main quest. Here's my save.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dqtrzu6kxvr3cmm

Lisk

Aaaaah, I see now. Yes, they're getting ready for the conference in this event, so keep that save around. It wasn't crearly attached to the mission progress, it's activated by the trigger and not by the progress variable, so I kind of forgot about it. Will fix it soon.

Videl1201

Hey Lisk, I was wondering if you could maybe help me. I've been planning to translate some of ウニョーン's games, starting with オムの木を求めて. Most of his games run on the rpgmaker2000 engine.
The only problem is that the Japanese text in the event editor screen looks all messed up. It's fine in the game (I've got he Japanese RTP installed) and my system locale is set to Japanese as well. later versions of rpgmakers work fine, it's just the 2000 one that has this problem.
Have you encountered anything like this?

Lisk

Yes, RM2K is like that. There is a fnt patch floating around the internet, but even with this patch reading the text in the editor is really eye-straining. After struggling with it for a while, I've decided to use a workaround. For longer texts I've user DreaMaker 3.8, which dumps all the text in the .txt file, translated it there and reinserted it back in the game. When I had to deal with multiple one-liners (like when you walk around the town and talk to minor npcs) I've copied these lines in ChiiTrans2, which can use the font of whatever type and size you want. You have to change your language to japanese to do that, though, or the symbols will turn into random mojibake. Good like with your translation, we can't have too many translated games!

In other news: the untranslated segment is now translated and a magic cat is added to Barasm lobby to make some magic happen. The magic won't affect any events now, but by the time of next milestone release it will.

Videl1201

Thanks. I never got the text to show up properly in the program itself (even with font patches and the like), but it does work when I extract it with DreaMaker. the only drawback is having to translate without any context, but that's not that big of a problem.

Lisk

Running all of these things at once is nothing new. JP software is not an example of perfect compatibility, and the further in the past you probe, the worse it gets. Accept this suffering, young magical girl, and tell us the story of the devil king's daughters!

Lisk

It's friday evening, so before I get drunk and start watching some animus, I have to update things. Here is another mission for you to play. Mission 12. I've also fixed some stuff I came across and changed Tart to Tarte everywhere I could find it. Some of the awkwardness is gone. Which is a good thing.

As of now, 258 out of 324 maps are translated. It's over 75% map-wise and 66% mission-wise. These maps included a whole new dungeon, so only one more of them remains. Enjoy your happy exploration time, because what can possibly go wrong with these nice and peaceful school days? Enjoy them while they last. Any feedback is welcome as always. Looks like we're really going to make this possible, guys. Thanks for your help so far and enjoy the game.

Vermora

Found an untranslated bit: when the party splits up in mission 12 and you're playing as Milly alone, and try to leave by going south.

There were also a few typos in mission 11, but I didn't take a note of precisely where they are.

EDIT: Also a few typos in the book where you find the letter, in the centre under the blazing mountain.
A space missing, when Milly and the blond girl are waiting at the elevator.

Lisk

Thanks, I've fixed mission 12 thing, but not mission 11 yet - I'll have to check it more carefully later. Anyway, I've uplo... OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE! I was drunk and accidentally translated the wrong game!!! It can't be helped, what's done is done, so here it is (a guide will follow up later).

It's called "Poor Girls". This game was made by some guy who called himself "Rotten", but later it was taken down due to some drama. But once something gets uploaded to the internet, it can't be taken down that easily! This is a small game where you control two girls and lead them into different embarrassing situations. That's pretty much it. A small light-hearted game without any real plot. But it's fun to play, the sketches are cute, so you might as well give it a try. I hope Rotten will forgive me for reuploading this on my own if he still cares or knows about this place at all. But I'm doing what I want 'cause a pirate is free. I am a pirate. And a mad scientist. And a hypnotic loli. This is complicated, yes.

Download Poor Girls

Rainyday

Didn't cross my mind I'd see this one translated, a pleasant surprise indeed.
Thanks as always, Lisk.

Videl1201

Nice find. I've been looking for that one for some time. Would you happen to have the original Japanese version as well?