Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drying

Quote from: diaper_queen on November 23, 2012, 03:18:29 PM
Okay i downloaded nightmare drop but it will not let me play it it keeps saying graphics/characters
- Are you using the Japanese locale?
- Did you extract the archive instead of running just the executable?

Please be a bit more specific about your approach and system.

diaper_queen

Quote from: Drying on November 23, 2012, 03:43:50 PM
Quote from: diaper_queen on November 23, 2012, 03:18:29 PM
Okay i downloaded nightmare drop but it will not let me play it it keeps saying graphics/characters
- Are you using the Japanese locale?
- Did you extract the archive instead of running just the executable?

Please be a bit more specific about your approach and system.
umm okay how do i change the locale to japanese and yes i did extract the archive.

Lisk

Jackkosa

I wonder if I'm the only one who get's more satisfaction out of these games than looking at pictures or watching a video.

Rainyday

Quote from: Jackkosa on November 26, 2012, 04:11:07 PM
I wonder if I'm the only one who get's more satisfaction out of these games than looking at pictures or watching a video.

The magic is in the interactivity.

diaper_queen

okay i am running windows 7 and i tried to play nightmare drop and i changed my local and extracted the game from the archive but i still get the same message

Lurkerson

Quote from: diaper_queen on November 27, 2012, 09:50:31 PM
okay i am running windows 7 and i tried to play nightmare drop and i changed my local and extracted the game from the archive but i still get the same message
Is the downloaded archive you extracted from from before you changed your settings?  If so try downloading it again.

diaper_queen

Quote from: Lurkerson on November 27, 2012, 09:55:54 PM
Quote from: diaper_queen on November 27, 2012, 09:50:31 PM
Is the downloaded archive you extracted from from before you changed your settings?  If so try downloading it again.
I did and it did not work still

EnragedFilia

Did you install the RPG Maker XP RTP? I don't know if that one requires it or not.

diaper_queen

Yes i did i uninstalled it and reinstalled it i installed the standard version 

Lisk

Quote from: diaper_queen on November 28, 2012, 11:21:51 AM
standard version
...What version? I have a bad feeling about this. Show us the screenshot of error message the game displays, otherwise we'll be running in circles forever.

Drying

The problem is the locale I think.
I managed to get to the menu of ND using en_US.UTF-8, but when actual stuff was supposed to be shown, I had an error containig the path "graphics/pictures", so the "graphics characters" is probably related (maybe skipping the story or something).

diaper_queen

Okay here is what i get when i get the error

Jackkosa

Strange... the shikkin wiki is completely down but you can still download some of the games via uploader.

Lisk

Can you show me the contents of the Graphics/Characters folder? This is how it's supposed to look like. Looks like you didn't set up the locale properly, after all. That's the only possible cause of this error message. It's not location, not language, locale.