Previous topic - Next topic

Franklin

QuoteCurrent translation project: 姉・ONE・WEEK
Heh...heh..heheheh.

Lisk, I could kiss you.

Lisk

Quote from: Franklin on November 01, 2012, 10:01:44 PM
Lisk, I could kiss you.
Now, now, there's a lot of work to be done before we can say that we're getting anywhere. The dialogues file that covers the playable area is 1032kb. Smaller than F for the Fantasy and Nightmare Drop (1.3 to 1.4 mb), but that doesn't count common events which have some long dialogues and the test area (which I'm planning to release as a bonus like I did with Nightmare Drop when I finish working on the main thing). Besides, the design of this game leaves no options to report progress. Technically, I could extract the text, remove the translated parts, check the filesize and post it, but if I would have time to do that, I'd rather spend it on translating some more. So no hopes and dreams this time. Only despair.[/spoiler]

Kitfox88

Sorry to be a bother, but I've seemingly hit a roadblock in HareAme and was hoping for a little aid, since I'm not sure if I've found a bug like the spring issue from earlier in the thread, or am just overlooking something like a dolt. Spoilers will follow, of course.

I've reached the mission where you join the three girls to investigate the ruins of the old labs/dorms on fire mountain, and I've reached a segment where everyone's split up and I'm controlling Milly alone. If I head downstairs to the non-functioning WMG, I get a scene of Tarte running in and then out while desperate. If I head for the bathrooms on the first floor, a similar scene happens with the one girl from the group we've paired up with since the bathrooms are unreachable.

At this point I'm guessing I need to talk to Sumire so she can help the one girl move the rock she's investigating, which will lead to more likely than not problems involving puddles. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate Sumire anywhere. I've found the Golden Luger that's broken as well as the Wing item that gives Sumire 100mp, but for the life of me I cannot find the girl myself. I'd hate to reload my last save from outside the room, which is a few hours back, so I'm hoping I've simply been overlooking something involving Sumire's appearance. I've talked to Angie and the two other girls who aren't desperate to hopefully trigger something, and tried reloading from the start of the event and changing the order I viewed the other two desperation scenes, but no luck.

Basically, I guess I'm asking for what's supposed to happen here, so I can either make it happen with the proper amount of shame over being a dolt, or just sigh and restart from my earlier save and work back to here.

Franklin

IIRC, Sumire isn't present initially and when she does appear she's behind a hidden door or something. In any case, she's not easily reachable like the rest of the girls are.

In the library you should pick up a key item which you will need to advance the story, so if you don't have that yet, go and get it. Talk to everyone after you have it and Sumire should appear

There's no specific order you need to talk to them or see the desperation scenes in.

*Pretty sure she appears somewhere around here*

doa

I've also hit a stump in HareAme too. Im on the "secret sword, setsugekka!" mission  and I have found the first (spirit?) in the book of trials -in the lava cave at the first dungeon-, but the other two I dont know where they are. (i think the second one is talking about the pathway to the 4th dorm but i cant seem to find anything)

Kitfox88

Thank you very much, Franklin. I had thought I'd checked all the bookcases in the Library but I must have somehow missed the one in the back with the item.

Franklin

Quote from: doa on November 13, 2012, 01:13:34 PM
I've also hit a stump in HareAme too. Im on the "secret sword, setsugekka!" mission  and I have found the first (spirit?) in the book of trials -in the lava cave at the first dungeon-, but the other two I dont know where they are. (i think the second one is talking about the pathway to the 4th dorm but i cant seem to find anything)

I had a problem with this too, because no matter where I looked I couldn't find the second spirit (had to ask Lisk for help).

The second spirit is located somewhere in the first picture. Just walk on every patch of grass until the event triggers (where Milly is standing is around where I found it). I can't remember if you have to actually click on the grass or not.

The third spirit is located in one of the rocks in the cave on the Bleached Coast.

doa

Lisk

Thank you, based Shaft. Now I have one less untranslatable joke to worry about. I had no idea how to deal with that "Tikuchi Finale" joke that appears... as a minor event that can easily be missed by the player, but cannot be ignored by us. And Hidamaris are so cute! But enough of that. It's time to actually say something useful. Since we have next to nothing to gauge the progress of this project yet (we will once I stop being lazy and finish the generic town events to prepare the core of the system for use), I will have to use the Red Truth instead. All events for the first day are finished. The "events of the first day" are the events that can happen only during the first day's daylight activities part, evening part and the following dream sequence. Some of them are not available in the uploaded build. It is not even a build, its there just for the sake of mirroring EVERYTHING in case the dreaded Translator's Curse will strike. You will not experience the gameplay of the first day to its fullest if you download the current build now, because it's already in the editing phase and much progress is expected from this weekend's Hypnotic Lolis Strategy Meeting. Cinderella-chan is ranraranraran. But it will only happen next time. Ahaha.wav!

Franklin

Rainyday

Oh my god Aoi Kurage's making a desperation game based on Tokunatsu! Hamuko-chan

Considering how long his last two games took him this won't be finished for a long long while, but when it is, it will be amazing.

(His first game has a focus on underwater diving but has two very nice storyline desperation scenes with CGs (though you can only unlock the CGs in-game in the second playthrough). The sequel is also great fun but has no desperation, though.)

(Note: games are untranslated. )

Drying

Lisk, I'm currently playing HareAme (cool game! just finished the secret sword mission), and I'm amazed when I think about the amount of work that must have cost to translate.

Again, thank you very much!

doa: I'm bit late here I guess, but two girls in the Barasm dorm will help you if you're lost.

MKFan200

I think I would play these games more if the in game sprite would have desperation or do pee dances.

Lisk

Quote from: MKFan200 on November 19, 2012, 12:43:41 AM
I think I would play these games more if the in game sprite would have desperation or do pee dances.
SplitShadow uses the sprites that vary depending on the main heroine's stages of desperation. It's just a matter of waiting forever until the game is finished.

Quote from: Drying on November 18, 2012, 03:33:42 PM
Lisk, I'm currently playing HareAme (cool game! just finished the secret sword mission), and I'm amazed when I think about the amount of work that must have cost to translate.
Work? Hardly. Effort, maybe, but not the work. The effort of a kid chasing a butterfly. I like to brag about how I caught it too, so praise the great catcher, praise him more!

Quote from: Rainyday on November 17, 2012, 01:22:33 PM
(His first game has a focus on underwater diving but has two very nice storyline desperation scenes with CGs (though you can only unlock the CGs in-game in the second playthrough). The sequel is also great fun but has no desperation, though.)

(Note: games are untranslated. )
Note: the first game is half as big as the current project. I-it's not like I'm implying anything! How do you unlock these scenes?

diaper_queen

Okay i downloaded nightmare drop but it will not let me play it it keeps saying graphics/characters