News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Newp, June 07, 2010, 06:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newp

Seriously, the World Cup starts on Friday. How the hell is there not a thread yet?

USA > England
USA > Algeria
USA > Slovenia

GOGOGOGO

JackO

Yeah Id have to agree with B.u.S, you americans might be good at your own sports, like American Football, but when it comes to Association Football, leave it to us ;D

Feel free to qualify by trouncing Slovenia and Algeria though.

FallenStar

I don't think any other country even plays American Football except for the U.S.A.   :lol:

I don't know much about soccer (as the D-U-M Americans call it), but let's just hope there's no more Zinedine Zidane actions, eh? After all... it's *foot* ball, not *head* chest.   :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Newp

Quote from: B.u.S. on June 08, 2010, 02:03:16 AM
As a man born and bred in England I must disagree with your statement :P USA hasn't got anything on England at all and won't be a threat to us - especially as the only good player in MLS is David Beckham OH WHOOPS HE'S ENGLISH TOO :D

Yeah, despite England attempting to ban England shirts (and I'm being serious) we are still all wearing them in protest at the stupidity of our nation.

Yeah, you're right, that Landon Donovan guy isn't any good, right? You know that only 4 people on the US team spend their time playing in MLS?

Please, England. Go ahead and think that the US will be pushovers. Go ahead and look past our match. Just don't be surprised when you get burned.

Ashitaka

Quote from: Newp on June 08, 2010, 02:47:45 PM
Quote from: B.u.S. on June 08, 2010, 02:03:16 AM
As a man born and bred in England I must disagree with your statement :P USA hasn't got anything on England at all and won't be a threat to us - especially as the only good player in MLS is David Beckham OH WHOOPS HE'S ENGLISH TOO :D

Yeah, despite England attempting to ban England shirts (and I'm being serious) we are still all wearing them in protest at the stupidity of our nation.

Yeah, you're right, that Landon Donovan guy isn't any good, right? You know that only 4 people on the US team spend their time playing in MLS?

Please, England. Go ahead and think that the US will be pushovers. Go ahead and look past our match. Just don't be surprised when you get burned.
I'm definitely worried about England's chances against the US, we can't afford to turn up expecting a comfortable win. As Newp says, Landon Donavon is a top quality player, and there are others, such as Clint Dempsey who are definitely capable of performing against anbody. If we slack off at all, we'll be given a very rude awakening...
I'd happily take a scraped 1-0 win against the US, which would hopefully put us on the way to topping our group.

FallenStar

Well... England blew it today in the World Cup.   :lol:

I mean they literally BLEW it. They had the game all but sewn up and their goalie made a dumbass error that cost them an out-and-out win.   :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

JackO

Well, the USA played....ok-ish, and if it hadn't been for our keeper you guys woulda most probably lost, but hey ho, we'll see how the group goes. We should still win it, imo.

Silly keeper, using oven gloves instead of keeper's gloves... *rant

Newp

Quote from: Union JackO on June 12, 2010, 02:05:24 PM
Well, the USA played....ok-ish, and if it hadn't been for our keeper you guys woulda most probably lost, but hey ho, we'll see how the group goes. We should still win it, imo.

Silly keeper, using oven gloves instead of keeper's gloves... *rant

If the US had been awake in the first few minutes, the US would have probably won. But hey, its not the what if's that count, but what actually happens on the field. Assuming both the US and England make it through, it's going to come down to goal differential, it seems.

JackO

Quote from: Newp on June 13, 2010, 06:45:09 PM
Assuming both the US and England make it through, it's going to come down to goal differential, it seems.

Is that what you guys call it? We call it goal difference...after all its not the dy/dx of goals :D

wunderwutzl

Forget about Calculations-since that almost unbelievable victory of Japan I have decieded that all prognoses are for Chumps!

Newp

TimeBomb0

You know, I wish they would stop play soccer during all the vuvuzela concerts. Seriously, I can't stand it whenever someone scores a goal during a lifting rendition of "Sounds of Angry Hornets".

To be serious now, I've only seen one of the current World Cup games (USA vs England) and I really don't care who wins in the end.

FallenStar

Looks like the U.S. just squeaked to another tie.  xD  I wonder if they can actually win the Cup if they keep tying like that.    :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Newp

Quote from: FallenStar on June 18, 2010, 05:50:39 PM
Looks like the U.S. just squeaked to another tie.  xD  I wonder if they can actually win the Cup if they keep tying like that.    :lol:

If FIFA hired competent officials, the US would have won that game. More importantly, though, the US control their own destiny going against Algeria. Win and IN.

wunderwutzl

At least Portugal showed the Happy Northern Honeckers where the Hammer hangs. The thought of praising Kim Kong Very Ill for Victory is a little...icky.