New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Sad Songs...

Started by FallenStar, September 29, 2007, 03:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

First, let me state unequivocally that this is not because I'm trying to be emo. This is a honest question and nothing more.

Okay, now that we got that bullshit out of the way...

What do you like to listen to when you're... well... feeling sad for... you know... whatever reason? Like, maybe you got dumped by your biggest crush... or a family member has died or something...

What do you listen to while you're laying around, feeling sad... to help you grieve during those moments?

I can only tell you that I listen to certain tracks of Final Fantasy music (being that my knowledge of other songs is rather limited and those are mostly upbeat 80's hits xD

FallenStar

Phatman_Dover

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.

Gets me every time.

When I'm feeling depressed I usually put on some Placebo, but I also listen to that to go to sleep at night...I dunno.
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."

Neil

when I'm sad, I would listen to sad songs and would feel really depressed.. huhuhu, weird, isn't it?
however, after that, I would cheer myself and will find a solution. Then, I will listen to hot-blooded songs to recover my spirit..

so, basically, I'm listening to two different songs when I'm sad.
The world of Musubi is the ideal world for me. I get to do what I want, and that includes making girls desperate whenever I want.

Videl1201

It's indeed strange how listening to sad music actually can help you feel better.

At those moments I often listen to music by Tindersticks (doesn't matter which song or album, they're all very depressing :)). Somehow that usually does the trick.

D_guy10

I mostly listen to classical music when I'm down. Vivaldi, Bach, maybe a little Strauss.

After many years, Blink-182's "Adam's Song" can still get me down if I let it. Also "The Lonely Sheppard" (the song that plays at the end of "Kill Bill vol. 1")

pukita

evanescence - bring me to life =) very good soonn

EFROdian

Basically anything from the album "Fallen" by Evanessence, especially "My Immortal"  That song gets me everytime, even when I'm in a very good mood.

forcesofwar

farewell by apocalyptica

thats the only song i listen to when sad

Doom_Guard

Some of my favorite sad songs are:

Anathema - One Last Goodbye
Loreena McKennitt - The Lady of Shallot
Loreena McKennitt - Dante's Prayer
Nightwish - Dead Boy's Poem
Nightwish - Sleeping Sun
Nightwish - Kuolema Tekee Taitelijan (sp?)
Leaves' Eyes - Ankomst
Leaves' Eyes - Leaves' Eyes
X Japan - Forever Love
X Japan - Crucify My Love
X Japan - Longing

zataku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD6POr1f8WA

the girl here does such a good job or remaking this song

Whizard

Quote from: accident-awareness on December 09, 2007, 11:53:10 AM
I guess it depends

some times ill listen to various songs by chopin

Chopin's Nocturne #20 in C# minor is great.

I almost exclusively listen to sad songs, but of course, "all songs are sad, but some are more sad than others".
Crossfade - Cold (heavy rock)
Abandoned Pools - The remedy (rock)
Jay Jay Johanson - The Girl I Know Is Gone (triphop/electronic but still good)

Igotseven

I would listen to anything thats fast going and loud when I`m down. Btw I like Ouran high host club too :P
what has logarithms got to do with our lives

Whizard

Try Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy, Jr.

Loki275

Can't believe I'm the first to post this song. MAD World by Gary Jules.
Would you like to play a game? Heads I win, tails you lose.

GN54

Anything sung by Miku cheers me up. I don't know why, the voice is just so mesmerizing and calm.
Always wear socks to prevent the spread of FTDs.