Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Sad Songs...

Started by FallenStar, September 29, 2007, 03:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekrofreak

bring me to life is a great song when you are sad

or something from nightwish is good too.

Merchant_Of_Death

Seconding  Mad World

Oh and not sure if it was mentioned But Counting Crows - Round Here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP95btX8NJE&NR=1
This song is like one of the few that can almost always get me crying for some reason....

dragonfox2004

the song "missing" and "good enough" both by evanescence

they get me every time

Phatman_Dover

Quote from: Loki275 on November 01, 2008, 11:56:45 PM
Can't believe I'm the first to post this song. MAD World by Gary Jules.

The damn song ain't by Gary Jules, it's by Tears For Fears. He does a cover for it, which they used for Overrated Darko.

His cover is better at emitting a mood of depression, TFF original work is more like an acid trip.
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."

Merchant_Of_Death

Quote from: Phatman_Dover on November 26, 2008, 10:33:21 AM
Quote from: Loki275 on November 01, 2008, 11:56:45 PM
Can't believe I'm the first to post this song. MAD World by Gary Jules.

The damn song ain't by Gary Jules, it's by Tears For Fears. He does a cover for it, which they used for Overrated Darko.

His cover is better at emitting a mood of depression, TFF original work is more like an acid trip.
What? How is Donnie Darko overrated?

O)h yeah, Secondhand Serenade has some sad songs too...

Phatman_Dover

Everyone and their grandmother is like 'OMG BEST MOVIE EVAR!!!111!1' without really understanding the movie, just that it had a Frank and a tunnel of bubbles and a plane's jet engine.

It was good before everyone started to rave about how it was THE best movie and started to psychoanalyze the movie and post shit online. That's what bothers me. It was good, yes, but everytime I see that kid I think Bubbleboy. And then I lose my shit and the movie loses its flair.
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."

Serika

Quote from: B.u.S.
Donnie Darko bored the living SHIT out of me. And for once I'm allowed to say that because I actually sat through the two single most pointless hours of my life.

Man, same here. I know someone who forced me to watch it with him, and he raged when i called it shit tier when it was finally over.

Quote from: Phatman_DoverEveryone and their grandmother is like 'OMG BEST MOVIE EVAR!!!111!1' without really understanding the movie,
And he was basically acting just like this.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Merchant_Of_Death

I liked it and for the most part understood it...though I wasn't like what Dover said people were like. I guess I don't belong here after all... :crying:
*packs bags and walks awayz*
:offtopic:

Zenix

Viva la Vida by Coldplay is pretty sad. That is, if you've seen all of Code Geass, and the AMV of it.

Merchant_Of_Death

Quote from: Zenix on December 05, 2008, 03:53:30 PM
Viva la Vida by Coldplay is pretty sad. That is, if you've seen all of Code Geass, and the AMV of it.
Oh yeah that was the first place I heard that song if your talking about the code Geass amv I'm thinking of.

wunderwutzl

That´s not actually a "Song", but "Sadame" from the "X"-TV-Version yells "TRAGEDY" whenever i hear it. Very touching is "Mama " from Christina Stürmer, as well as "Listen to the Voices".

Reka

Tori Amos - 1000 Oceans. (Not the shitty Tokio Hotel song, bleh)

"These tears I've cried
I've cried 1000 oceans
And if it seems
I'm floating in the darkness
Well, I can't believe that I would keep
Keep you from flying
And I would cry 1000 more
If that's what it takes
To sail you home
Sail you home
Sail you home"
*sniff* So sad. T^T

Ranpalan

The Light Before We Land - The Deldagos (note: also the opening of Gunslinger Girl)
Woke From Dreaming - The Deldagos (Same origin. Maybe I only find the two sad because of the anime -shrug-)
Poteryaniy Rai - Aria (Russian, video is weird)

Always happy to get PMs/IMs

Tru

I was just listening to "Ghost of the Gang" by the Indigo Girls. That song really gets me... it's sort of a eulogy for an old "gang" of friends that have grown apart. It's the sort of thing that's really heartbreaking for anyone old enough to have experienced it.
Quote from: Ghost of the GangYeah we huddled against the cold in those days
By the light of a fire in a pep-rally haze
With the smoke and lives past, and a reason for livin'
No matter how bad it got, we wouldn't give in to it
It's been years, since I've seen anyone cry these tears now
Sitting here in the dark, stalling out in my car
Wishing I could bum a light
From the ghost of the gang tonight
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

firebird189

one sad song that i know of is "broken wings" but I can't remember who made it.