New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Sad Songs...

Started by FallenStar, September 29, 2007, 03:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DubiousCharms

Ten Years Gone by Led Zeppelin is something I listen to on rainy days when I miss my long-distance boyfriend. We can kinda relate to it, but it's a hopeful kind of sadness.

As for songs to cheer me up? No Rain by Blind Melon seems to give me a little boost no matter what. Also, Lights Out by Santigold.

Bob Right

If the cause of your sorrow is death, I would highly recommend Dream Theater's CD, Scenes From a Memory, which is a unique murder mystery exhibited through the viewpoint of the victim's future life, who goes to a psychiatrist to figure out why the victim's ghost is haunting his dreams.  This is my favorite CD and it explores the themes involving life, death, and acceptance.
Another one of my favorite CDs is Kamelot's The Black Halo, which is the second part of Kamelot's version of Faust.
Both CDs are great for learning acceptance and gaining mental stability.
Enjoy!

calientebarb1

usually when life's got me down a pop in my Journey Greatest Hits Albumn and just sit there staring at the walls.

Rakoon

well its probably moonlight shadow i love this song

and something that isnt a sad song but helps me at this times Spirit: where i belong :D

paintballR

if u hear it in a certain way, anyone can make a song sound sad

Faust

I like a few sad songs.
"Moonlight shadow" *as mentioned*
and my favorite, 'All the things she said'
                " Moth..er...looking at me. tell me, what do you see? yes I've lost my Miiiiiind~"
My favorite part of the song, right there.

anathema

I've been feeling pretty low recently so I think i got this covered

Stay positive - The streets
Olive - Creature of comfort

Ask DNA and Knock a little harder off the Cowboy bebop OST.

From GitS
Beauty is within us
Whats it for
I do

There are more, so many more but they don't come to mind at the moment.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended.
That we have but slumbered here, whilst these visions did appear.

Angrod

When I'm upset I like to listen too songs like "Tears" By Rush, or "This I love" By Guns n' roses. They're nice slow songs good to help you when you're in that kind of mood. Or sometimes listening to silly funny songs helps to lift my spirits. but the two I said are two of my favorite slow sad songs.

Kyle_gp

The song i listen to the most when im sad is 21 Guns by Green Day. No other lyrics capture the exact feelings of depression.
It is the only song to make me think of my life as soon as the lyrics start :)

maddjunkie

Personally, one of my favorite songs to listen to when I'm sad is Hurt, the one sung by Johnny Cash preferably. Her Morning Elegance by Oren Lavie and Chasing Pavements by Adele are close seconds though
I pee, therefore I am!

highoncrackandpcp

In a shameless plug for Pink Floyd, I'd have to say the entire album The Wall is incredibly depressing.
It's a concept album about building a societal wall, pretty much isolation. Specifically, I'd cite Hey You, Nobody Home,
and Comfortably Numb. Although honorable mention goes to Another Brick in the Wall pt 1. and 3.

JackO

I have a bit of System Of A Down (Roulette, Lonely Day), and a bit of ELO believe it or not :) (When Time Stood Still etc.)