New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Who's your favourite superhero?

Started by jonathanfuzzles, June 15, 2009, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathanfuzzles

With all of these new superhero movies that have been coming out the past few years, your sure to have a favourite. My all time favourite super hero would have to be the Daredevil, because of the comics from the early nineties (it was like a series of six issues, I believe.) I felt that the movie butchered the comic series, though, What are your thoughts on this and your favourite superheroes?

FallenStar

Although I feel I have more in common with THE INCREDIBLE HULK, I tend to like Spider-Man most of all.  I don't mind Wolverine that much, though;

On the female side, I enjoyed Jubilee in X-Men, The Animated Series (didn't much care for Jean Grey or Storm, though) and Rogue from that series was kinda nice (though later Rogues were less attractive).

wunderwutzl

Conan the Barbarian, followed by Wolverine, the Punisher and Nite Owl from "Watchmen".

inthegarden

I've always liked the original Comedian from the Watchmen TV show, before Alan Moore turned it into a comic.

EDIT: Disclaimer: That's a joke, son. Ah say, that's a joke!

TaintedLove

Quote from: inthegarden on June 19, 2009, 10:47:33 PM
I've always liked the original Comedian from the Watchmen TV show, before Alan Moore turned it into a comic.

Dude, don't do that.

Anyway, the best superhero ever is Superman and it's not even up for debate.

As for Exaldor, you just dissed Watchmen in favor of boring, overexposed, overrated, "lol badass" Wolverine.  Instant ban, never come to this board again.

Tru

Does it surprise anyone that I'm rather fond of Silhouette? :biggrin: The Comedian was also a fascinating character, though I can't really say I "like" him, necessarily. I also liked Death from Neil Gaiman's Sandman series, but she's not really a superhero.

The problem I have with mainstream superheroes is that too many different people have written them in too many ways, so I can say, "I like Grant Morrison's Zatanna," but not like anyone else's interpretation. If I'm talking about the character itself, though, I guess I'd have to talk about him/her independently of the way he/she is written/drawn. In that case, I'd say the most conceptually interesting mainstream comic book "superhero" I'm aware of may be Spawn. On a pure conceptual level, his story is an interesting one, whatever flaws of execution it may have.
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

gophergun

I'd have to say Iron Man, for two reasons: A) he's one of the more "realistic" superheroes, in that for it to be plausible would only require the advancement of a current technology, not any new ones. (Albeit the majority of superheroes aren't bound to any science at all, using some kind of radioactive pseudo-science nonsense.) B) I suppose being a bit of a DIYer/tech geek, I relate to him the most. Plus, if I ever became incredibly wealthy, that's precisely the life I would want.

Loki275

Captain Planet. No question. Best super hero of all time. He uses rays of light to give you fucking skin cancer. :lol:

EARTH! FIRE! WIND! WATER! HEART! By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!
Would you like to play a game? Heads I win, tails you lose.

readyaimrun

I have to say i like spiderman
he's cool
fast
strong
and I like the idea of swinging through a crowded city.

also if you haven't guessed the first spider man was one of my first 3d video games as a kid and is still one of my favorites

Ryouji

Superman, Batman, and Spiderman are all great, but if I had to pick a favorite it would have to be HELLBOY.  For one, he looks like a bad guy and KNOWS it.  Many heroes are handsome under their masks, but Hellboy is ugly and doesn't even wear one. Two, he fights his own destiny to doom the earth.  And finally he doesn't always go out of his way to save damsels in distress; he goes out of his way to save KITTENS.  A man who was born to doom the world saves kittens.  It doesn't get much more ironic than that.

FallenStar

Taiki, please re-ban Exaldor.  MaidThree didn't give the *real* reason she banned him;  she banned him because I asked her to.   *rant

Taiki

Fuck... I already sent him an apology email. Well fuck. I'm sorry Star and Maidy.

EDIT: I re-banned him, but the red thing that indicates he's banned isn't showing up. Should it show up later on its own or did I do something wrong? (I also sent him an email retracting the last email. It must suck to be him getting those two emails, but oh well.)

FallenStar

Quote from: Taiki Saruwatari on July 14, 2009, 03:44:11 PM
Fuck... I already sent him an apology email. Well fuck. I'm sorry Star and Maidy.

Next time, ask why someone was banned, ya hippy, instead of decided they were banned for the wrong reason.   :lol:

Taiki

Well the ban description on him was nothing but gibberish. :S Looked like made up words or fake Japanese.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'm not really sure who my favorite Superhero is, but I might pick Spiderman. Based off what I've seen, he's pretty win.

benson1080

Ive gotta agree, Spiderman is the best.
He's always been the best super hero cus he doesnt take himself too seriously.
He's just a guy who gains super powers. Not an alien or a hard man with a vendetta and seeking revenge.
Spiderman is ftw and his comics (the amazing spiderman) were always the best cus of the little one liners  :clap: