New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Very interesting desperation/wetting/voyeurism doujin game

Started by EnragedFilia, February 07, 2009, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnragedFilia

Last night, I happened across a nice little doujin game in this thread over on another board. It involves a fireworks festival that provides your character opportunities to take pictures of desperate girls.
Copied from the game maker's site (via google translation):
The purpose of this game, and the scenes to settle a wee girl, pictures of the scene had to pay to a careless mistake. In the sale of photos, take better photos and get a new camera and accumulating money, you have a goal of the game.

The game itself is on rapidshare (it was on megaupload too, but got deleted). It's a non-unicode text format, so XP users need applocale, and vista users can set the system language to Japanese. The patch.xp3 file on the second page of that thread translates a few of the options in the store. Also, the .zip file has a password (it's 'Shikkin128'), which apparently caused vista to break it during extraction, so I extracted with winrar instead.

And finally, there appears to be a utility that can decode the contents of the data.xp3 file itself, which someone with the time and ability could use to translate the whole game.

Enjoy!

reseph

I was going to work on the translations, the only issue I have is that I can't get the decoded source showing up in Japanese. It just shows up in gibberish. Aside from that, I can modify the source without a problem.

For example, I made this change to the source (patch.xps):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GCA4Q0K6

Gives you 999999 money. :)

EnragedFilia

What are you opening it in? If you could upload the decoded source (or even just the script segment, if it's separated somehow) we could probably figure it out easier.

reseph

I've tried opening it in PSPad and Crimson Editor.

I can view Japanese on websites fine, just not sure why I can't view it in editors.

[EDIT] Got it. I use JWPce  and it edits fine. If anyone has any translations, let me know and I'll edit the code. I'm working on some translations now using Translation Aggregator.

[EDIT 2] Translation patch (rev 0.1) up for download:
http://www.animegirldesp.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=115

reseph

Simply put the file in the same directory as the exe file for the game.

reseph

When is it crashing? I run the game in Windows 7 without crashes.

I think I saw support for multiple patches in the code. Try uh naming one as ... patch2.xp3

useArchiveIfExists("patch.xp3");

// 'ljÁ,̃pƒbƒ`—pƒA[ƒJƒCƒu,ÌŒŸõ
for(var i = 2; ; i++)
{
// ƒpƒbƒ`—pƒA[ƒJƒCƒu patch2.xp3, patch3.xp3 ... ,ª, ,éê‡,Í,»,¿,ç,ð
// —Dæ,µ,Ä"Ç,ݍž,Þ,æ,¤,É
if(Storages.isExistentStorage(System.exePath + "patch" + i + ".xp3"))
Storages.addAutoPath(System.exePath + "patch" + i + ".xp3>");
else
break;
}

reseph

Was working on character names last. One is named "Moe" though lol, so I don't know if I should leave that or not. It just sounds wrong in English (unless you know the slang moe).

reseph

Are you around girls? If you turn the camera on near the bathroom, it should have girls there. If not, something is wrong.

reseph

Can you screenshot what the camera is showing when you turn it on next to a bathroom?

reseph

It freezes your laptop or something?

Here's my workstation when I'm editing the code:

(Dual monitors)

Made a website for the translation: http://shikkin128en.googlepages.com/

EnragedFilia

Wow, thread has been unusually active.

Vista advice:
Go to control panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Administrative -> Change System Locale
Pick Japanese (duh). Reboot.
After that, it'll either work or the error message will be displaying in kana/kanji instead of '?'s. If the error message mentions startup.tjs, try opening the zip file in winrar instead of double clicking it. My guess is that Vista's explorer is having a problem with applying the password and it's corrupting the data.xp3 file.

On exiting: If you exit the game from the menu while sound is playing (or possibly just during gameplay) it'll start to consume infinite cpu cycles. Closing it during the ending credits sometimes does that and sometimes not. You can try to deal with it by keeping task manager open and just end tasking the exe after closing it.

Oh, and you could mention something about all this on the googlepages site if you want, to cut down on the questions.

I would suggest keeping Moe. I think enough of us in the relevant community know the slang, and I for one didn't even notice it sounds like another name in English. Also, I think it can be spelled Yuuna just as easily as Yuna. Maybe one is under a different transliteration system than the other, or based on different kanji.

reseph

I'd link to this thread, but guests can't even view it (and I think they need posts to view it too if they register). I did link to this site though at the bottom.

I'll keep Moe then. Oh and I think it was "yuuna" in the source, but technically should be Yūna I think.

reseph

1) Yes, I extracted all the images but they are .tlg format and I don't know what would open that.
2) If you buy the best (secret) camera, it should be a full view.

It'd be great if you wanted to help translate. Not sure how we would handle it together, what if I just post what I need help with? Like starting with:

ふ~、ようやく着いた。
今日は川沿いで花火大会があるから、きっといい我慢シーンが撮れるぞ。

[EDIT] Or maybe it would be better to handle this translation stuff in a shared Google Doc. I may have another translator willing to help.
[EDIT 2] Yeah, Google Docs is better to use. I've created a spreadsheet. If you're up for helping out, PM me an email you have and I'll share the Doc with that email.

EnragedFilia

Quote from: reseph on February 10, 2009, 08:21:53 AM

I'll keep Moe then. Oh and I think it was "yuuna" in the source, but technically should be Yūna I think.
Yes, with multiple ways to transliterate things, so it's best to just pick one and stick with it (you do see the former style more often on the internet though, what with the added difficulty of producing non-ascii characters on a keyboard).

As best I can tell, the final camera becomes available after selling 99 different pictures.

reseph

I've got a character page up now too:
http://shikkin128en.googlepages.com/characters