New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Very interesting desperation/wetting/voyeurism doujin game

Started by EnragedFilia, February 07, 2009, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reseph

I'm reaching a point where machine translation is near useless. Don't know any Japanese, so I'd need a real translator before I can continue.  I will release as many patches as I can until I get to the point where machine translations don't help.

EnragedFilia

Between machine translation, my own experience (namely watching a lot of subbed anime), and a little guesswork, I've translated about half of the text. Still working on the handcuff, diuretic and glue scenarios, and some of the formatting. Also, I'm not going to try to translate the names of every girl, just the main 9.

Anyway, patch attached.

femaleDesperation

I like this game soo much! So much thanks for game creators.  Also if they need extra help for new versions i can help as a programmer or maybe they want port this game for new platform (maybe java, c++ or web(php)) also i can help this.

Sorry for bad english.
I can't speak very well yet.

EnragedFilia

Ok, I think it's finished now. All the game text should be translated, and I might get around to the hints sometime soon. I'll post it on nyou forums and /d/ tomorrow. Enjoy!

EnragedFilia

Quote from: B.u.S. on March 17, 2009, 09:20:03 AM
I'll have to do this game again sometime ;)

Depends if I can be bothered to re-download...

Is there any way we can hack the game so that you get a full-screen cam all the time?

One more thing - can the guide be given in a format with images of the map, such as in Powerpoint please?
I don't remember the download being particularly large. Anyway, making the final camera initially available would be really easy, but I have neither the means to make anything in powerpoint nor any idea how to go about it if I did. And I may be just speaking for myself here, but sometimes figuring things out is part of the fun.

There, camera cheat is attatched. It's a quick and dirty hack that simply replaces the default camera, so starting over with no save file gives you the fullscreen camera from the start. And best of all, it'll combine with the translation patch simply by putting them both in the game directory, as long as the cheat is named patch2.xp3.

EnragedFilia

I wouldn't be surprised if the money patch is breaking something in the English patch, because I've never looked at it, and the trick I used to translate the names is pretty delicate. Fortunately, however, the money patch is also completely unnecessary, because with the camera patch you can literally get all the money you'll ever need in five minutes. Decent fullscreen pictures are worth like 5000-10000 each, so just sell 10 copies and forget about money for the rest of the game. English must be patch.xp3 and camera must be patch2.xp3 (otherwise the file with the camera hack gets overwritten). If something is going wrong with just those two, it either means I made a mistake somewhere or there's something else wrong.

reseph

Yes, you can combine patches. See my site:
http://shikkin128en.googlepages.com/
QuoteIf you have multiple patches to use (like the cheat), you can name other patch files patch2.xp3, patch3.xp3, etc.

EnragedFilia

He said he already tried that and it broke something. Because we're using the same files, whichever patch is applied last can undo part of what's done in the others. And if that's causing a problem, the only way to combine them is to open up the patches and edit the overlapping file to make them agree.

BuS: you're right. You are lazy. Fortunately though, you should be able to start the game once with the money patch, wait for time to run out, exit, replace it with the other patches, and keep all the money in your save file. It would take a really innovative money hack to make that break something.

reseph

Would you mind if I put your patch up on the Googlepage site? Gonna remove any credits about myself (don't really care) and if you want to be credited let me know.

Been busy lately so I can't remember what your patch had done, but did you ever find the code for the train text? I don't remember being able to find that.

theerut

Quote from: EnragedFilia on February 21, 2009, 12:05:27 AM
diuretic column-
sixth picture: Moe drinks the diuretic but Ai doesn't. Put it in the vending machine between 36:00 and 45:00, then set the timer on room 6 to go off while Moe is inside.

timer is 69
66 67 can't take all picture [i haven't try 68 yet]

i set time from hint time +3

matth

Does anything special have to be done to get this to run in Windows 2000?  I can not install AppLocale as it says it is only for Windows XP and Server 2003.

Rend

Think all you have to do is Change the Regional and Language options in your Control Panel then.
I went ahead and changed both location and Standards and Formats .

EnragedFilia

Quote from: reseph on April 06, 2009, 10:41:06 PM
Would you mind if I put your patch up on the Googlepage site? Gonna remove any credits about myself (don't really care) and if you want to be credited let me know.

Been busy lately so I can't remember what your patch had done, but did you ever find the code for the train text? I don't remember being able to find that.
Go right ahead. I actually forgot all about the train text, but it looks like a lot of it is in train.ks (which was included in your original patch, when you translated the prompts and stuff).

And yes, Windows other than XP don't need applocale, you just change the native language settings.

Creeper

Can someone (pretty please) translate Shikkin Adventure, at least with the translator?

EnragedFilia

Quote from: Creeper on May 04, 2009, 09:53:18 AM
Can someone (pretty please) translate Shikkin Adventure, at least with the translator?

Do it yourself. It's not like you need any special skills or knowledge of Japanese or anything. All I used was agth, ATLAS, translate.google.com, notepad and something called xp3tools to extract and repackage the .xp3 files. All the programs besides xp3tools should be linked in this thread or the other one about windows games. It might help if you can pronounce katakana and watch subbed anime sometimes (machine translation doesn't recognize idioms, after all), but I'm guessing that's not exactly rare around here.

lrnj.com is nice for learning to read katakana/hiragana if anyone's interested.