News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

what the hell happened to cartoon network?

Started by Merchant_Of_Death, December 29, 2007, 06:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merchant_Of_Death

They're shows used to be good.Why did they start making all these annoying/pointless cartoons?

D_guy10

The only toon I'm like a dedicated fan of nowadays is "Aqua Teen Hunger Force". I might watch a 1st season episode of Spongebob, you know, before Stephen Hillenburg sold his soul and flushed the show down the drain.

Right now I'm thinking about letting my future kids watch most of what's on Cartoon Network, and this is coming from a person who once thought parents keeping their kids from watching kid channels was the most vile thing. *sigh* I'm getting old.

packrat

Yeah, Toonami did fall PRET-TY far didn't it?  I miss those old cartoons.  Like The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, Thundercats, ect...  I REALLY wish they hadn't moved it like that.  I also thought a lot of the shows they put up (Squirrel Boy, Camp Lazlo, etc...) were really stupid.

And another thing, why is Gossebumps, a live action show, on CARTOON Network?

Starman

eh, I agree, most of the stuff on there sucks now. Toonami used to be cool though. Megas XLR was AWESOME.

anyway, I feel the same way about the Disney channel. Horrible acting and stupid storyline in 90% of their showes IMO >_>

packrat

Maybe being stupid is the new "smart".  LOL  That would explain why EVERYBODY seems to want to make stuff as stupid as they poissibly can.

packrat

I thought Ronin Warriors was part of the Johnny Quest era.

As for the stupidest shows ever, it's probably a tied between Camp Lazlo and My gym Partner's a Monkey.

sanchopanza65

Boomerang has got a lot of the classic Hanna-Barbara cartoons on it. From common stuff like Yogi Bear to the obscure like Cattanooga Cats.

packrat

Quote from: Serika on January 06, 2008, 04:41:00 PMIt's almost like cartoon network is trying to get people to turn off the TV and go outside.

:eek: That's it!!!!  That's what they've been tryin ta do, IT MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!!  Damn you Cartoon Network!  How dare you betray the very foundations on which you were built!  You were supposed to KEEP us inside and show us how WONDERFUL TV could be!

:crying: I can't believe you would betray us.  WHY?!!!!

...... :double fuck: ....how...DARE....you...

Sideways

Cartoon Network has lost it's greatness. It first started with the logo change. Then the announcer became a female. Then good shows like Dexter's Laboratory and SWAT Kats went off the air. Then Miguzi, the crappy clone of Toonami came along. Then Toonami died. I used to love Cartoon Network but now I hate it. 

Merchant_Of_Death

Quote from: Serika on January 06, 2008, 04:41:00 PM
Quote from: packratCamp Lazlo and My gym Partner's a Monkey

This is the reason everyone watches anime now. Even little kids would think these 2 shows are lame. It's almost like cartoon network is trying to get people to turn off the TV and go outside.

And screw that. It's cold outside.
that is quite true,unfortuntilly little kids are usually not allowed to watch the subbed versions on youtube or whatever,they're forced to watch the dub(which suck as well) on most stations like cartoon network,jetix,nick ect.
example:
Digimon data squad(savers):savers was probally the best digimon series ever.I was disgusted by the dub. It's times like these I wish you could still go around shooting people.
Naruto: basicially the same a Digimon savers,though it seems like it's getting slightly better latly,the voices still suck balls,shippuuden will probally suck worse unless they put naruto shippuuden on AS because of sai's insults.

yah and pretty much every dubbed anime on toonami.

Ambrose

cartoon network sucks hard urk, and they just replaced my beutifull historychannel with the crap  :crying: although i have to admit i loved it when i was young

Merchant_Of_Death

nagato

well being in Canada I don't know much about cartoon network. but ytv the Canadian equivalent of cartoon network has aired all of the nickelodeon cartoons and the ones now a days seem to be sub-par compared to the ones from 6 years ago. As for other cartoons most of the cartoons on ytv are the same ones on cartoon network. The only improvement has been the general moving away of the keep it weird angle the station ran between 1996 and 2002. And the creation of bionix has helped, (a combination of adultswim and toonami). and they air good anime and shows like gundam seed, naruto, and inu-yasha have less censorship then they do on cartoon network, and ghost in the shell: stand alone complex only had 3 edits total. Also in the last month teletoon (a channel known for its almost complete lack of anime) aired akira, apple seed, armitage the III: poly-matrix and armitage the III: dual matrix.   
"The fastest way to flush a rat out of its nest is with a little bit of carpet bombing." - Char "The Red Comet" Aznable

Merchant_Of_Death

Merchant_Of_Death