News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

what the hell happened to cartoon network?

Started by Merchant_Of_Death, December 29, 2007, 06:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packrat

Ditto.  The people who made Chowder were definitly on LSD or something.

knuclear200x

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey i like chowder, out of the new shows it beats them all...so far....i hate class of 3000.

Nyway CN is still the most watchable, with all the teenage crap Nick and Disney dish out every year, it still appeals to veteran toon viewers who just want to watch something that isnt about some whiny teenage girl who learns obvious lessons.

Merchant_Of_Death

true dat. Except if disney would actually do a decent job at dubbing digimon so it didn't become crap when they dub it it would become the GOD of disney.

FallenStar

Quote from: Merchant_Of_Death on February 12, 2008, 05:10:17 PM
true dat. Except if disney would actually do a decent job at dubbing digimon so it didn't become crap when they dub it it would become the GOD of disney.

Disney won't dub anything that isn't G rated...  >_>;

knuclear200x

Quote from: Merchant_Of_Death on February 12, 2008, 05:10:17 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaah they aint doing THAT bad...i mean compared to previous seasons and all those other dubs out there...

well watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH8-gNugotI&feature=related

its a review of Data Squad's first 12 episodes that i made.

Merchant_Of_Death

would if I could but either youtubes fucked up or my computer is?

knuclear200x

Quote from: baconbit on February 19, 2008, 02:22:55 AM
Because Cartoon Network is a network that targets children. They show live action kid's movies occasionally.

children AND cartoon veterans. as u can see certain shows may have sexual innuendos :P

nagato

Quote from: knuclear200x on February 19, 2008, 04:29:32 PM
children AND cartoon veterans. as u can see certain shows may have sexual innuendos :P

Oh that reminds me of a show I used to watch as a kid called shadow raiders. I first watched it when I was like 8 or 9. They recently started airing reruns on ytv in Canada at 11:00pm and in episodes there was so much innuendo That I find myself questioning how it ever aired on TV at 8:00pm.
"The fastest way to flush a rat out of its nest is with a little bit of carpet bombing." - Char "The Red Comet" Aznable

Rewikitty

Oh Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.  There were a few years in there where the shows were downright smart.  Funny, multi-layered...  who here doesn't have a multi-DVD collection of Invader Zim?  And I for one was introduced to anime by the (admittedly awful) English dub of Dragonball Z on Toonami.  Man, I miss those shows.

There are a few gems here or there, but for the most part they're either pale imitations or simply empty shadows of what once was.

Disney Channel has always sucked, though :P
In the image of those who have come before me here
I am cast in the web of an ancient spell
I'm holding on to life
I'm drifing in a stream
Everything's much clearer now
We live within a dream and never wake"
-Kansas, Child of Innocence

Merchant_Of_Death

Quote from: mikepoop123 on March 05, 2008, 03:17:14 PM
toonami used to be the best thing in the world. do they even have it anymore?
yah, except it's like all shit now.
what the hell is that "baykugan" anime even about

oramisho

Bakugan is yet another anime show based on a children's card game that's soley made in order to get kids to buy the game.

I used to love watching cartoon network, but they keep taking off all the shows i like and replacing them with junk. I miss looking forward to watching toonami every day as there would always be a show worth watching. Now, Its a rarity i even turn to that channel outside adult swim anymore.

packrat

Actually, Bakugan isn't on toonami.  It's on "Dynamite Action Squad!" ( *rant- %*#^#%^#*#!!!), which should be taken off due to the stupid antics of the little kids in between shows.  The only things i watch on there now (aside from toonami and whatever anime makes it to adult swim.) are Teen Titans and Ben10 Alien Force.

knuclear200x

Quote from: B.u.S. on April 30, 2008, 01:32:24 PM
I live in Britain, and only got all the kids channels 16 months ago.

They are full of SHIT.

I grew up on the basic four channels, and they had awesome programmes! Thundercats, Wizard Of Oz (animated version), Bananas In Pajamas, even the old Barney The Dinosaur episodes! They were proper classics, not this BULLSHIT they pump into kids' heads now.

ESPECIALLY High School Musical. I WANT TO KILL DISNEY FOR THAT ABOMINATION.

That is all :D

The title itself was an abomination before it was even produced hey bananas in pajamas i remember that i even remmeber the song ahem,,,

bananas in pajamas are dananana stairs
bananas in pajamas are dananana airs
bananas in pajamas are chasing teddy bears
dandnandnblablablablabla underwears...

yup thats the theme song and im the only one who remembers it.

Sipplewat

Well i'm sorry to bump this thread but after having watched a ton of Ben 10 and Ben 10: Alien Force I would say that those shows are perfectly fine entertainment and a serious redeeming factor.

Phatman_Dover

Toonami was better when Moltar was around. He didn't take any shit from anyone, man.

Except for Johnny Quest, I liked what was on it. Especially Reboot, they had it on there for a stint. That show is made of awesome and win.

Nowadays, yes, the programming on it has gone down, but we're a totally different generation. Our innuendos in cartoons are to us as censorship and PC is to kids today. So, unfortunately, since everyone has become paranoid...

God forbid we see some kid watch gore and blood, no, but Tom and Jerry is perfectly fine. And they come very close to killing the crap out of each other!

Chowder is one of the redeeming shows for me; it has that surreal edge to it that reminds me of some 60's or 70's cartoons. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends is awesome, as is Fairly Oddparents. They have a second 'Nick' on satellite in the US that shows older Nick shows like KaBLAM!, Zim, Ren and Stimpy, and the like. I usually tune into that or watch some Pink Panther/Underdog on Boomerang.
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."