Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainyday

Quote from: darklok on December 30, 2013, 03:33:09 PM
for those who know japanese (or at least have a good translator xD) here is the pillar pillar thing. i can't do anything with it :/

文学が刻まれている...
『我より高き柱は1つ。 それは南北にあらず。』
『我ょり低き柱は1つ。 それは西にあらず。』
『我と等しき柱は2つ。 それは東西にあらず。』

I think the translation goes like this, which makes it quite a bit easier:

"There is one pillar higher than me. It's not the North or South."
"There is one pillar lower than me. It's not the West."
"There are two pillars equal to me. They're not the East or West."

darklok

Quote from: Rainyday on December 30, 2013, 07:45:12 PM
Quote from: darklok on December 30, 2013, 03:33:09 PM
for those who know japanese (or at least have a good translator xD) here is the pillar pillar thing. i can't do anything with it :/

文学が刻まれている...
『我より高き柱は1つ。 それは南北にあらず。』
『我ょり低き柱は1つ。 それは西にあらず。』
『我と等しき柱は2つ。 それは東西にあらず。』

I think the translation goes like this, which makes it quite a bit easier:

"There is one pillar higher than me. It's not the North or South."
"There is one pillar lower than me. It's not the West."
"There are two pillars equal to me. They're not the East or West."
ok, that makes more sense than google translator does... but I already did it in the loooong way, I hope this help somebody else :/

EnragedFilia

Just for fun now: how long did it take everyone to notice the girls surnames demonstrate theme naming:
Hamuko (常夏 公子): 常夏 = "eternal summer"
Nyanko (春風 たま): 春風 = "spring breeze"
Tomoe (秋空 巴): 秋空 = "autumn sky"
For me it was when they all introduce themselves in full to the Princess.

Incidentally, who else totally expected the effects of that cutscene where everyone drinks tea and ends up with 3 points on the "利尿" meter right before you're instructed to go to the church for the ritual to become interestingly relevant? That's just the kind of gameplay/story integration that RPG maker games do perfectly but only if the player understands the mechanics and puts a bit of effort into it. Oh well, hopefully we'll get some more detailed scenarios later.

And on an actual marginally relevant note, I'm now outside the cave to the western continent and have noticed the first real "missing" text. How much story is left in the current version?

MKFan200

I found another game. Not much on it I could find.
http://narayana.blog135.fc2.com/blog-entry-312.html

It has a female desperation scene in it...I ascertained that when I saw this page on the blog.
http://narayana.blog135.fc2.com/blog-entry-176.html

MKFan200

I just want to point out in that game I posted that there is an AWFUL lot of rape going on.

Newp

Lisk

Important decisions time! What should we call this... creature? Other enemies more or less make sense (they make lots of sense once you tune yourself to Aoi Kurage's frequencies), but ラコウジャク makes no sense at aaaaaaaaalll! I'm leaving it simply romanized for now, there are many other things waiting to be done, but still, this is important and leaving it like that feels like giving up >.<

25/88

Serika

Quote from: Lisk on February 06, 2014, 06:48:06 AMラコウジャク
I'd go with Racket Jack or Wrecker Jack but that's probably not what Aoi Kurage had in mind. Last part is definately "Jack" though, i know this from playing the Japanese version of Little Ninja Brothers.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

tenck5k

Quote from: Lisk on February 06, 2014, 06:48:06 AM
Important decisions time! What should we call this... creature? Other enemies more or less make sense (they make lots of sense once you tune yourself to Aoi Kurage's frequencies), but ラコウジャク makes no sense at aaaaaaaaalll! I'm leaving it simply romanized for now, there are many other things waiting to be done, but still, this is important and leaving it like that feels like giving up >.<

25/88

Umm...what are these "frequencies?" Maybe you can follow the patterns and choose something fitting? I know this is dangerously close to "loose adaption" rather than direct translation territory, but if you have nothing to go on (Rakoujaku? what?), then...*shrug*

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

EnragedFilia

Quote from: Lisk on February 06, 2014, 06:48:06 AM

25/88

I'd say "Loco Jack" or maybe "Rocco Jack". Are there other creatures with that "eyeball on spiderlegs" sprite? I don't remember just now.

Lisk

Uooooooooo! Eye (yes, eye) finally reached the clarity! This creature attacks by lunging at their opponents and smacking them with their bodies, right? In other words, they attack by 落下ing!! So now they're Smack-O-Jacks ^_^. Why, 青くらげ. 青くらげ, why. But now that this thing stopped haunting me, I can put additional effort into finishing what I'm currently working on (which happened to be inventory and item descriptions). In other news, 青くらげ uploaded everything that was taken down from pixiv, both omo and non-omo. Here it is: http://www1.axfc.net/u/3166484

Jackkosa

Any updates of what is going on as of late? I've seen you around and was just wondering.

Lisk

Well, Japanese dev scene is silent. Dev board is remembering good old times, CircleWC is dead and Aoi Kurage is ssslooooooooowly developing MojiKue. Speaking of which, the INTERFACE patch for MojiKue is almost ready, I just need a couple of calm evenings to edit remaining images. Hopefully, I'll get this opportunity next week, but deadlines are cursed, so no promises. After that... I gave up on waiting for something new and exciting coming out, so I'm going back to the good old games. There is one last major 118-san's game that remains untranslated, a pokemon spoof called ぽけっとわるきゅーれ. It's time to fix that. But I need to replay it first, because I barely remember its plot, so no official announcements until I'm done with that. Luckily, I'm taking a short vacation starting from 24th to celebrate my birthday, which means much more time to devote to my hobby than I normally have. Yay for vacations ^_^!

Drying

Zenix