New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

Oh, that's right, something went wrong. Fixed!

Lisk

The second day update (along with the third day morning) is there! More plot branching, more character development! And an important announcement from me too. You see, I'm on a vacation right now, and I'm going to spend the remaining half of it closer to the sea than I usually am. It's finally the sea! Ahem. So, while the progress will continue (I can't get lazier than I am now), the updates might stop, depending on the situation with internets at the place where I'm going to. Besides, no matter how you look at it, it's good to take a break from staring at liquid crystals every once in a while. Enjoy the game, report the mistakes, wait warmly for more updates! It never stops once it starts to slide!

Zenix

Just beat Hare Ame, pretty great game, I think it's probably the first RPG Maker game I've actually played to the end. The story was pretty good so thanks for translating it.

Even so it seems I missed a few titles.

Jackkosa

That feeling you get when you can't decide the game is trying to be very helpful, or just trying to make you stop playing it... Its like I am glad the game gave me even stronger gear after I had bought top-tier gear from the shop, but I really didn't like having to reset over 20 times because the game really wanted me to have the "movement speed down" condition and heavily the time with random battles, pointless villager aft pointless villager, and gum all over the ground. Boy I wish I had these when I was trying to make her wet, but all I was getting then was luckies  :S

It is a good thing I am a frequent saver. The Golem itself was pretty difficult almost instantly taking out yuuto, if it wasn't for the sage gear I randomly found on the ground for free and lucky draws (That SR magic card helps too) it probably would have taken a couple more tries to beat it.

I will probably do day three later because now I need some sleep.

Lisk

Quote from: Jackkosa on August 18, 2013, 10:58:56 PM
Its like I am glad the game gave me even stronger gear after I had bought top-tier gear from the shop, but I really didn't like having to reset over 20 times because the game really wanted me to have the "movement speed down" condition and heavily the time with random battles, pointless villager aft pointless villager, and gum all over the ground. Boy I wish I had these when I was trying to make her wet, but all I was getting then was luckies  :S
More randomness for the god of randomness! Now imagine my face when I got Sword of Legend after taking a single step. Great way to stard the third day! Too bad I've already unlocked everything and now I'm just playtesting.

Anyway! It's finally finished! The main plot is fully translated, with every ending available and every instance of text overflow that I found is finished! Moving on to the side stories/achievements. But it doesn't mean that you shouldn't report any unusual behavior and/or suggestions. For example, yesterday I've bumped into one of these little rocks that grind the whole process to a halt. It's the name of ゲイルザーク. I, uh... what? Never had any problems with romanizing names in this game, but what is this supposed to be? Karen, why didn't you repeat it when you heard it? After thinking it through I decided to use Galeizaku for now. It's the least awkwardly sounding alternative I could think of, but still pretty awkward. Well, there's still some time to think it through. For now, enjoy the not really big jump I've made during my vacation and wait warmly for more updates to come. The journey is far from over.

Relo

So i found this here and tryed the trial (as far i could go lol)
http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE109412.html
Does someone played/have this game ? it kinda looks good.

Lisk

Quote from: Relo on August 20, 2013, 03:50:06 PM
So i found this here and tryed the trial (as far i could go lol)
http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE109412.html
Does someone played/have this game ? it kinda looks good.
It's pretty good for their first try, but your choices are limited. Their second commercial game is a great improvement IMO. Speaking of which, second achievement is now ready for action. It's pure and lewd (don't ask).

In other news:
http://bonbon-company.com/product/03/
Golden master golden master golden master

Lisk

It is done! Well, the main game is done. Wagamamama translation is completed and now the selfish conjurer needs to pee! The decision to focus on this game was a right one. It's been a silent month, everything was frozen in anticipation of release of the first commercial game that has desperation as the focal point of its plot. It's about to be released in two or three days (depending on your time zone), but you can already check the demo. It's available either from official site or from here, which would probably be faster unless you live in Japan. What can I say, it's hilarious. Just remember that it's a nukige and don't expect a complex plot and deep moral choices. It's Kiss x Sis tier. "Maid is Matsurika, blonde is Louise Valliere, imouto is the best girl" (c) Rainyday.

But let's get back to business for now! As I said, Wagamamama is fully translated and there shouldn't be any moonrunes left unless I missed some obscure system messages. You see, Wolf RPG Editor is a flexible tool and Circle WC built a pretty complex custom system with it. I gave it a couple of tests to ensure that there won't be any cases of text overflow and it seems that everything is okay, but if you see anything wrong, please report it and I will fix it. But there's more to this game than what is currently done! First, Circle WC offered some extra material related to one of the extra stories. They'll probably be my next goals. Second, it is time to ask for image edition help again. There are still things to do! For now, enjoy the fully finished game and remember to support Circle WC if you like it. They're already doing something new (though they are going to take it easy this time, there's no details and possible release date is "maybe this year, maybe not"), and the progress between their first commercial game was pretty impressive.

Franklin

Haven't had a chance to play this yet. Thanks for all your hard work, Lisk.

darklok

Can someone help me in wagamamama?, i just want to know what is the "secret spell", i think Lisk know what i mean xD

Lisk

Quote from: darklok on September 22, 2013, 01:28:06 AM
Can someone help me in wagamamama?, i just want to know what is the "secret spell", i think Lisk know what i mean xD
You get the secret spell when you finish the game (or even the game) once. Then you have to find the place to enter it. Once you do, you'll get a scene with Karen that's not registred anywhere, but is still pretty cute. Hint: you have to wait for an opportunity to use the secret spell to appear. Don't worry, you don't have to press a single key to make it happen.

darklok

Quote from: Lisk on September 22, 2013, 10:22:00 AM
Quote from: darklok on September 22, 2013, 01:28:06 AM
You get the secret spell when you finish the game (or even the game) once. Then you have to find the place to enter it. Once you do, you'll get a scene with Karen that's not registred anywhere, but is still pretty cute. Hint: you have to wait for an opportunity to use the secret spell to appear. Don't worry, you don't have to press a single key to make it happen.
I know when i get the spell, the thing is, i find the scene after i finish the game, but i didn't care about the name of the spell, now i can't remember what it is XDD
well i'll have to start over again :/ whatever thanks :)

Lisk

This thread might have been silent, but far from being dead. And here's the proof of that: the nearly finished translation of a great story-driven game called Nyo Time! All of the game text is already translated, I'm just going to do a couple of side-by-side playthroughs and see if I've got all of Yukina's moments right. You see, she has an... interesting speech pattern. >Onushi "Where did I hear that word again? Oh, right, it was Spice and Wolf! Let's see how real fan translators handled that, let's see what they did about it!" >They did nothing. OCEY. We half-Kiss-shot half-Ilias now. It's more of an act on her side though, she drops it when something goes the wrong way, but I still have to check if I've got it the right way each time it goes the right way and did it the right way. FUN. Anyway, here's the RC, because why nyot? As always, any report and every advice is very welcome. This is the only path.

Download Nyo Time RC

Zenix

The symbols before and after the text, is this because my system locale isn't Japan?

Lisk

Yes, just like always, you have to set your system locale to Japanese or use some workaround.