New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainyday

Some preliminary errors with the English I spotted - it comes to mind that it would actually be easier for me to go through the files in the final patch and edit things directly in them later

Lisk

Aaah, thanks that was a lot of help! It allowed me to fix a couple of other issues too hopefully, I still have some room for improvement and focus on technical stuff. The final patch will probably be ready tomorrow. Just a little note on double/triple commas - they are Arabes-san's thing, he represents impatience and wavering control this way. Maybe I should still do something with them, though.

>Iwao「our destinationI'll stop somewhere, just hold it a little bit longer.」 ---> Looks like there was a mistake in copying here?
Variables for words, variables for words everywhere >.<

tenck5k

I cannot for the life of me succeed at the stay home line. I'm not entirely sure what to do...I actually got to 94 need and failed still Q_Q

Any tips?

Also, thanks for your efforts as always :)

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

Lisk

Okay, I think that I've dealt with game breaking bugs and disappearing letters, so this can be considered the final version. However, if you notice something aside from weird word wrapping in some places, tell me and I'll fix that. With that being said, here it is, Shikkin Adventure. As for Iwao's home... yes, this one is tricky. So tricky that Arabes-san wrote hints in the script file =).

1) Game, mother complains, lock the door, phone, accident.
2) Movie, hold hands, get closed, hug, accident.
3) TV, something special, serious talk, don't let her go until it's too late.

A hardcore game for hardcore players like ourselves!

Videl1201

A quick update; I have recently picked up working on 尿意のあるRPG again. Most of the in-game dialog has now been translated. This still leaves the common events and the items, monster names, menus, etc. Those are going to be a bit harder since you can't extract them with Dreamaker (I've heard you can with newer versions of the program, but those aren't compatible with rpgmaker 2000). Unfortunately they appear as scrambled text in RPGmaker, so it will still take some time to finish.

Lisk

There is a solution for this issue: add japanese IME to your language options, switch to japanese input (this is important), ctrl+c the scrambled text from RPG maker, paste it anywhere else et voila! Perfectly readable japanese text. My favorite is ChiiTrans2 - it has automatic clipboard monitoring option and you can use any font you want. RM2K was made for much lower resolutions than we use now, so even if you get the fonts to show up correctly in RM itself, they will look abysmal. But weren't you translating the other game, オムの木を求めて?

Videl1201

Hey, that worked :)
I did try to copy paste the text before, but didn't think of doing it while in Japanese input mode. Thanks, that should save some time.

You're right, I was originally working on オムの木を求めて. I was about halfway through the dialog.txt wile when I noticed that almost all the script I was translating actually came from  尿意のあるRPG. The person who made it (I'll have to look up his name again) probably used 尿意のあるRPG as a template for オムの木を求めて (allowing him to reuse the same common events and menu items) leaving in the old maps as well (even though you can't actually access them when playing the game). By the time I realized that I had already almost completely translated 尿意のあるRPG, so I decided to finish that one first. Unfortunately it was an older version of 尿意のあるRPG, so I still had to redo part of the translation, but overall most of the work was completed at that point. This did allow me to go over all the text I had translated up until that moment and fix a couple of grammatical errors and inconsistencies.

One more thing I still need to do is to edit the dialogs.txt file to make sure all the text actually fits in the dialog boxes. Earlier today I noticed Dreamaker doesn't correct this automatically.

Don't expect a completed version too soon. I have a job and several other projects which take up a lot of time as well. However, I will try to schedule in some time for this regularly to finish as soon as possible.

Jackkosa

Woot! Finally got her to wet at the house! What I didn't get was you have to kind of combine those hints lisk gave you to get the ending you want. As well as to make sure to give her the tea. Now to try the hugging wetting.

tenck5k

Quote from: Lisk on April 10, 2013, 07:51:45 AM
Okay, I think that I've dealt with game breaking bugs and disappearing letters, so this can be considered the final version. However, if you notice something aside from weird word wrapping in some places, tell me and I'll fix that. With that being said, here it is, Shikkin Adventure. As for Iwao's home... yes, this one is tricky. So tricky that Arabes-san wrote hints in the script file =).

1) Game, mother complains, lock the door, phone, accident.
2) Movie, hold hands, get closed, hug, accident.
3) TV, something special, serious talk, don't let her go until it's too late.

A hardcore game for hardcore players like ourselves!

Thanks, the game into door combo was helpful, as was the existance of Hold Hands. Not sure what "Something Special" means. XD

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

Jackkosa

Quote from: tenck5k on April 11, 2013, 02:44:16 AM
Thanks, the game into door combo was helpful, as was the existance of Hold Hands. Not sure what "Something Special" means. XD

If you watch enough TV a "Serious Program" starts up and she will continue to watch it no matter how desperate she is. I found this useful Because you can get up to the point of when its playing, and then save it for later use if your a little behind on desperation points.

Edit: Oh cool, apparently after enough endings you get a diuretic item to make her need to pee in a really short time. I knew that unlockables had been in other games but I didn't expect it in this one.

Hmm... I'm having a hard time getting more of the endings. Is there any more unlockables I should know about?

Lisk

Quote from: Jackkosa on April 12, 2013, 10:20:28 PM
Is there any more unlockables I should know about?

If memory serves, diuretic is the only thing you can unlock. But it makes things much easier, so it's all about timing.

And there's more things to come! I have finished translating Sokoumi by Aoi Kurage! Why would I translate a game with only 2,5 desperation scenes? Because I can!

Videl1201

Hey Lisk, I was wondering if you could help me again...

Would you happen to know if there is way to get the name entry menu to display romaji instead of hiragana or katakana in rpgmaker2k? Those are the only option rpgmaker gives me. I've found a couple of forums disucssing the issue, but no clear solution.

Lisk

Quote from: Videl1201 on April 17, 2013, 12:43:28 PM
Hey Lisk, I was wondering if you could help me again...

Would you happen to know if there is way to get the name entry menu to display romaji instead of hiragana or katakana in rpgmaker2k? Those are the only option rpgmaker gives me. I've found a couple of forums disucssing the issue, but no clear solution.
These settings are defined in the scripts part, but I don't remember where they are in RM2k and if you can change them in RM2k at all, as it is much more hard-coded than XP and VX. But I think you can make a new project in english RM2k, throw game files in its folder and cross your fingers. Unfortunately, that's the only thing I can think of now, as my only RM2k project was that Terura's short story.

Videl1201

Ok, it's kind of a shame but I sort of expected it would be difficult.

No problem. I'll try googling it one more time and if it really turns out to be impossible I'll probably just have to remove the option to rename your character. I think the option was actually absent in some of the earlier versions of the game, so in that case I'll just use the old names.

Jackkosa

Well I'm completely stumped. pictures 6,7, and 8 are still missing in my Shikkin Album and it looks like there is an area I've not seen in them. I posted this same problem on the thread in the Omorashi forum and someone said something about a mall section? But I would have no idea of how to get there and I've tried almost everything I could think of, so help would be greatly appreciated.