Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnragedFilia

Quote from: Lisk on March 18, 2013, 12:26:21 PM
Hideri's scene is too short... but it involves more breath holding. And I'm totally not referring to anything ^_^.

And yet, once you unlock the art of that scene, it is a most impressive bulge. And an impressive puddle.

Drying

I give up. I can't get One Week to play in Linux.
It keeps complaining about some graphic which can not be loaded.
The problem here is obviously the locale again.

I start the game using the right locale, but I think extraction breaks file names at some point.
I tried it with two different tools (using Japanese locale); unzip and 7z, and both produced different filenames (bad omen).
This problem hasn't occurred before in other games.
I may try getting it to work in a Windows VM sometime. I would really like to try this game.

P.S. Lisk is a hero.

Alsz9

Can you even "win" the bar scene at the start of nyo time traveller or do you have to progress in the rpg part first?

Rainyday

Quote from: Alsz9 on March 30, 2013, 03:07:50 PM
Can you even "win" the bar scene at the start of nyo time traveller or do you have to progress in the rpg part first?

EDIT: Link to the game added for posterity: http://www.mediafire.com/?qvum2njhumpafur

The bar scene is winnable.
Not just that, but if you skip it without winning it you can't retry it without starting a new game.
The instructions were pretty complicated and it's been a while so I can't remember exactly, but it was explained in one of the old livedoor threads if you're willing to trawl through posts with a translator program.

The maid scene is apparently also winnable, but I still don't know how.

NYO TIME TRAVELER

Lisk

So, about breath holding. I don't even know if there is a specific word for that like omorashi for desperation and wetting, but there's a game dedicated exactly to that. Girls holding their breath. What does it have to do with this thread? Well, sometimes they're holding their bladder too! This game is called そこ海 (Sokoumi), it was made by the person who made great desperation-focused manga and is now working on Hamuko-chan game! If you don't know who Hamuko-chan is, go to translated manga thread at once, this is an unforgivable sin. But Hamuko-chan game is yet to be finished, so let's get back to the topic. I like Aoi Kurage's stories, I like diving, I like Sokoumi, so here we go! As of now, it's 70% done (up to the part where two more characters appear) and can be downloaded from the usual place if you're okay with mostly unedited product.

But I'm not finished yet! This is FD/WS thread, after all, so I'm also working on super-secret undercover project that should be finished in a few days (That Person's first game is not very text-intensive). Maybe this gentleman from my attachment will give you a little clue.

EnragedFilia

Just FYI, I'm fairly sure what you're describing is called breathplay.

Lisk

EnragedFilia

The bar scene wasn't that hard for me:
Talk to the girl in the middle room
Talk to the bartender
Go to the left room and click the sparkly apple barrel
Go back and talk to the bartender twice (the second time he gets a lightbulb over his head)
Talk to the girl in the middle room again, then click the cup that appears on her table
Talk to the redhead at the bar
Talk to the purple-haired girl at the upper-left table in the same room
Talk to the redhead again; she should stop responding to you, and soon she'll go join the other three at that upper-left table

Watch the show

Newp

Well, that "hint" would be Washizu, which means something possibly Mahjong related? Especially Akagi doesn't have a female character in the entire series in it, I'm gonna assume it has nothing to do with the series itself and that it's just mahjong related.

Lisk

His family name is Washizu, but his first name is Iwao. The hero of our story shares the same name. The thing that I decided to work on while I take a little break from Sokoumi is Shikkin Adventure. I thought that I could finish it in a day or two, but it turned out to be bigger than I thought (how typical of me, heh). Still, it's pretty small and it's been neglected for too long. As of now, 5 out of 7 scenario .ks files are finished and, as you can see, I also worked on the interface and some other little things. The only problem I expect is word wrapping, but Insani have a script to do that for me. Word wrapping might also cause some glitches that might even make the game unplayable, but again, fixing them is only a matter of learning a little about KiriKiri's syntax to keep the engine from turning over the page with important choices because of line overflow (translation from liskish to english: Lisk will need to do some homework). These .kses have 995 lines in total, which is not that much, so this game is closer than one could expect (but farther than I would like it). I hope you will like it.

atdhfkm

That is just super great!
other arabesque's games at least leave some chance for those who dont know japanese, but Shikkin ADV is almost impossible to play

Newp

Lisk

Don't worry, it was supposed to be confusing and misleading.

In the meantime, I've already mentioned it in talkbox, but TinFoil is making a tool for LiveMaker3. That's the engine the two latest YAMATO's games were made with and that's what Yah-Yah-Doh are making their games with. Isn't it great? I've tried to tackle that engine, but with little success. All I could do was extracting images and audio resources. And now we have this. I don't know about you, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Jackkosa

A Shikkin games getting a translation? Awesome! I don't know why but those games always interested me. Looking forward to it.

Lisk

Okay, the translation is finished and I've dealt with most of word wrapping issues, so you might give this game a shot. However, I didn't edit it yet, and quick testing pointed out some potentially game breaking bugs. Look at this picture. See the blue triangle? It means that there was too much text for the single screen and prompts you to turn the pages. But this page contains choices, and if you go to the next page, you can no longer turn it back, which effectively makes the game unplayable beyond this point. Of course, if you click on one of the choices, the game will proceed normally, but leaving something like that is not a nyo thing to do. I'm going to fix this by moving the choices on a separate page, but this, along with testing it and editing the scripts, will take another day or two, depending on how busy I am with other things. Anyway, here is the game in its current state. If you want to play original japanese version, just delete patch.xp3. If you already have the game, throw the patch into its main folder. I like KiriKiri for being this easy and having good tools.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ik2qnj