New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

I suppose I've been gone long enough to permit one

Started by Ranpalan, September 14, 2011, 01:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranpalan

Seeing the recent changes to AP, I decided that I like this place better after all.  So, hello all, I'll be a good deal more active here than I was the last months.

Oh wait, this site is awesome enough to require people to contribute, so I should probably say something about myself.

I first joined this site four or so years ago, and have been checking in occasionally since then.  Star and I have a history of disagreeing on things like file formats, but we don't hate each other (do we? :P).  I'm currently doing a double major in mathematics and computer science, and am greatly enjoying it -- I'm also rather busy, but mastrubation being part of an online community is important, so I'll be checking in regularly.

By the way, I also happen to program in C++ and Python, and am currently learning C# (although I'd have preferred Haskell or Ruby).  I've had plans for omorashi games, but haven't gotten anywhere with them so far;  however, it's not out of the question for me to help out if you happen to write in a language I know.

I quite enjoy chatting about all sorts of things -- does this site still have an IRC channel, and if so, is there any chance of bringing it to life?

Cheers,
Ran
Always happy to get PMs/IMs

Hamdiggity

packrat

Hey!  Long time no see.  I thought I recognized that avatar.  Glad to see you came back to us. 

That said, I gotta give you props for taking on a double major in Math and CompSci.  I tried CompSci on it's own and got my butt handed to me.  (And I've missed a year of school because of the ensuing tuition issues from failing those courses.)  But yeah, glad to see you've come back.  =)

Ranpalan

Hm?  What verifications?  What maths?  Me want!

FallenStar

I believe that's one of the verification questions users with less than 5 posts have to make in order to keep out spambots. Don't worry, it's a really easy math question. Anyone can answer it... I think.   :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Sophie1618

Yeah... I didn't have to do this verifications after I got 5 posts ^^ But the Math verification is pretty easy. I had problems with the MC Chrono Trigger question because I was trying put 'Chrono' before see on the wikipedia that his name written 'Crono' >.<

Ranpalan

Ah, yes, if it's not harder than quadratic equations, everyone should be fine.

FallenStar

Coming up with easy to answer questions that everyone ought to know really taxes my poor brain.  :lol: 

I did change the Chrono Trigger question, though, so hopefully that won't be a problem anymore.
Welp... I'm fucked...

Ranpalan

If I may suggest, 0/0 (correct answer being 1 (very questionable) or undefined); sin(0) (correct answer being 1); sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) (correct answer being 1); e^(i*tau) where e is the base of the natural logarithm, i is the square root of minus one, and tau is the circumference of a circle divided by it's radius (correct answer being 1); and ln(e) (correct answer being 1).

:P

FallenStar

Are you some kind of fricking MATH genius?!  If I put 0/0, the most likely answer I'd get is 0.  People are incredibly stupid that way... particularly here in the U.S.   :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Ranpalan

Hang on, that was stupid of me -- 0/0 should only be undefined, 0^0 can be 1 in some contexts.   :blushing:

And no, I'm not.

JackO

Nice to see you back here again Ranpalan  :clap:  I look forward to bumping into you around the forums.

Ultima02

Quote from: FallenStar on September 19, 2011, 03:35:12 PM
Are you some kind of fricking MATH genius?!  If I put 0/0, the most likely answer I'd get is 0.  People are incredibly stupid that way... particularly here in the U.S.   :lol:

Don't remind me.
I'd like to think that we americans are smarter than we're portrayed.
Autism is a difference

Autism is NOT a disability.

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Quote from: Ranpalan on September 19, 2011, 03:15:08 PM
e^(i*tau) where e is the base of the natural logarithm, i is the square root of minus one, and tau is the circumference of a circle divided by it's radius (correct answer being 1)

Wait, WHAT!?
e^((2pi)i) = 1!?!

Congrats. Mydnyght's mind is officially fucked HARDCORE.

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

Ranpalan

Mydnyght, I can explain, really!  (Although it'd be nice if Star installed LaTeX for that. ^^)

By the way, now that I've been banned from AP, expect me to hang around here even more.  Yay for bans!