* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

I do not like the new site design

Started by MKFan200, January 24, 2010, 02:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKFan200

Okay....I hate it.
Reasons:
1. Everytime I try to navigate anywhere...it takes thirty plus seconds to load up. And I can't use any other tab on my list until it loads. It never did that originally.
2. I don't even know how to upload images now.
3. The picture bin is all fucked up. I don't know how to find the images I want now; and it's all out of order how it was originally.
4. I cannot reach the site directly now. I have to go to google and type the link in there now.
5. The homepage idea  is fail.

Any chance we can go to the original format? ANd Anyone else have complaints similar to me?

JackO

My responses to your problems (just as a second opinion I guess)

1. Get a better internet connection? That doesn't happen for me, and its basically as fast as the old site
2. Try the picture posting section? Its exactly what it says on the tin.
3. The gallery does have strange image names and no tags on images, I agree, but it'd need someone to sort them out, and that'd be a mammoth task.
4. Save the site in your favourites, then you can just click and it'll load. Or get Google Chrome, it'll pre-empt your typing.
5. If by the homepage idea you mean the 'You must be 18+ to enter', I think we need that legally.

Anyway, thats what I think.

FallenStar

Quote from: MKFan200 on January 24, 2010, 02:57:57 AM
Okay....I hate it.
Reasons:
1. Everytime I try to navigate anywhere...it takes thirty plus seconds to load up. And I can't use any other tab on my list until it loads. It never did that originally.

There is nothing I can do to fix that, particularly since it doesn't seem to happen to everyone and that it seems to be more a problem on your end (connection or whatever) than anything.

Quote2. I don't even know how to upload images now.

You're probably trying to upload them to the gallery which is a no go. What you want to do is go to the board you want to post pictures in, start a new post, click additional options and click browse - then just locate the picture on your HD you want to upload and presto!

Quote3. The picture bin is all fucked up. I don't know how to find the images I want now; and it's all out of order how it was originally.

There was no real order before and now, so I really think this is more a personal problem than anything and not something I can really fix, sorry.   :S

Quote4. I cannot reach the site directly now. I have to go to google and type the link in there now. 

Again, nothing I can fix, since no one else has shown to have that problem and it speaks more to your connection than anything.

Quote5. The homepage idea  is fail.

As JackO alluded to, it protects the site from underage users, something that we need to have to keep this site from being shut down by the U.S. government. So, sorry, but it's here to stay. Deal with it.

QuoteAny chance we can go to the original format? ANd Anyone else have complaints similar to me?

Sorry, but as is true of everything from time past, things change and this is the current format. In the future, things may change again, but there is never any going back.

Welp... I'm fucked...

Serika

Quote from: MKFan200 on January 24, 2010, 02:57:57 AM
3. The picture bin is all fucked up. I don't know how to find the images I want now; and it's all out of order how it was originally.

I can tag images with keywords. I think i might start by tagging around 50 or so pics a day. Maybe by summer you'll be able to do a search for something like "dress_wetting bondage" and have all the pics show up.

Quote5. The homepage idea  is fail.

Don't bookmark the homepage, bookmark the forum. :)
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

That overview page you're talking about, Chang, came with the MKPortal. When we decided to upgrade to SMF 2.0, it was no longer compatible so it had to be dropped.

Welp... I'm fucked...

Faust

Quote from: Chang Coldrum on January 26, 2010, 07:35:38 PM
Is it possible that by "the homepage is fail", he meant the fact that we got rid of the overview page? You remember, the one with the list of all the rules and that cool button you could press to see what other users were doing. Actually, that button was kinda creepy. :crying:

Hey, I resent that!

i used that button all the time, so I could know EVERYTHING you would all do.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I loved that button....

Serika

Quote from: Faust on January 27, 2010, 11:01:37 AMHey, I resent that!

I loved that button....

Spoilers: It still exists... :death:

Button

JackO

Quote from: Serika on January 27, 2010, 12:02:47 PM

I loved that button....

Button

I LOVE YOU.

MKFan200

Quote from: JackO on January 24, 2010, 07:33:35 AM

1. Get a better internet connection? That doesn't happen for me, and its basically as fast as the old site
3. The gallery does have strange image names and no tags on images, I agree, but it'd need someone to sort them out, and that'd be a mammoth task.
4. Save the site in your favourites, then you can just click and it'll load. Or get Google Chrome, it'll pre-empt your typing.
5. If by the homepage idea you mean the 'You must be 18+ to enter', I think we need that legally.

1. That would be a stronger case, if I didn't test the connection on three different computers.
2.Okay then that helps a bit.
3. Well I'll wait on that then...someone needs to though.
4. I'll try...
5. Okay then forget I said that.
Still I think we could have donw well with the old design though.

JackO

Quote from: MKFan200 on January 28, 2010, 10:05:36 AM
Quote from: JackO on January 24, 2010, 07:33:35 AM

1. That would be a stronger case, if I didn't test the connection on three different computers.
2.Okay then that helps a bit.
3. Well I'll wait on that then...someone needs to though.
4. I'll try...
5. Okay then forget I said that.
Still I think we could have donw well with the old design though.

1. Okay well it might be your area, what I really meant was that I;ve not had any problems recently, and no other members have complained of slow connections, so its probably your end.
3. I think Duce is re-uploading a lot of the images with proper titles, and Serika has kindly volunteered to tag images, and I would also be happy to do some tagging, if more helpers are needed.

But yeah, the time comes to upgrade, and there's a lot of positives about this new layout too, so make sure the glass is half-full :P

FallenStar

Quote from: MKFan200 on January 28, 2010, 10:05:36 AM

That probably wouldn't have a single effect; we're talking about A.) internet connection which depends solely on your modem or router, not your computer and B.) it may also have to do with where you are in the world and which dreamhost server your local ISP connects to.

There have been many cases where even *I* could not connect to the site (despite paying for and owning it) simply because one or more of dreamhost's servers weren't working properly. 

None of which is anything *I* can fix.  :S
Welp... I'm fucked...

Taiki

I loved that button....

Button
Yay! The magical button is back!
<- Hypocrite.
I actually used to use that thing a lot too. Now I can use it a lot again. How do you navigate to that thing from the website?

Serika

Quote from: Chang Coldrum on January 29, 2010, 10:24:22 PM
How do you navigate to that thing from the website?
The website has no link that i know of. I noticed it wasn't there after the change, so i went into my browsing history and bookmarked it. XD

Quote from: WackOJackO on January 27, 2010, 03:18:21 PM
I LOVE YOU.

Be gentle with me... ;)

Ranpalan

"Users online", the "X guests, Y members" thing is a link...
Always happy to get PMs/IMs

JackO

Quote from: Chang Coldrum on January 29, 2010, 10:24:22 PM

I loved that button....

Button
Yay! The magical button is back!
<- Hypocrite.
I actually used to use that thing a lot too. Now I can use it a lot again. How do you navigate to that thing from the website?

On the main page, scroll right down to the bottom, to the users that are online bit...and click where it says "6 Users, 4 Guests (1 Hidden)" or whatever the numbers happen to be. :D