New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

You know who I hate?

Started by Maelstrom, September 30, 2009, 05:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

People who call you and then immediately put you on hold. I just hang up. There's no reason I should have to wait for you to come to the damn phone when you're the one who called me, assholes.

Serika

Quote from: Leviathan Mist on September 30, 2009, 05:46:05 PM
People who call you and then immediately put you on hold.

Telemarketers, right? It's either that or some kind of mailing list for a phone survey.

There's a game you can play if you have a friend over when they call. "Change the person who's talking" Pass the phone to your friend where the phone spammer is going on and on about his useless product. Answer questions vaguely and see if he can tell he's talking to someone else.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

I told this one survey dumbass that I was on a Do Not Call list and he went on and on about how surveyors weren't applicable to that.   :death:
Welp... I'm fucked...

risendevil

There are people who call me saying that they want work. God knows why.

The_Enigma

You know what's a great trick to do to telemarketers?

First, you need to know that Telemarketers can tell when they get a live pick-up and when they're sent to voicemail.  What you need to do is shut off everything that might make sound, and then answer "Hello?" and hold your breath.  The telemarketers will read a live pick-up, but get nothing from the other end.  XD It's hysterical!

Maelstrom

I dunno if it's telemarketers calling because I don't give them time to come to the phone before I hang up :P It just makes me not want to ever answer the phone though. In fact, I don't even have a cell phone, and I'm glad I don't. The internet is all I really need.

Phatman_Dover

We had a similar problem at our house with telemarketers. They were asking for our input on the Olympic Games for one year, but we never watch them. We told them that and also mentioned to not call again.

They continued to call on and off for 3 days, even after multiple requests to STFU and go away.

So one day, they called. Unfortunately, they got me on the line. Also unfortunately, nobody was home. They were cheerful enough and asked if I had time to answer a survey. I said sure, why not? Then they asked me if I had seen the Olympics.

I left a very long pause before saying;

"You insensitive fuck, I'm BLIND."

You have never heard a telemarketer ramble so fast.
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."

FallenStar

Oh that was a good one.   :lol:

I think I'll give you a +1 Karma for that, Phatman.... 
Welp... I'm fucked...

CidHighwind

Honestly?  Caller ID.  I never answer them in the first place.  I either let it ring, or pick up and hang up the phone.  I'm also considering a simple switch to cut the line.

JackO

Quote from: Phatman_Dover on October 02, 2009, 10:02:46 AM
We had a similar problem at our house with telemarketers. They were asking for our input on the Olympic Games for one year, but we never watch them. We told them that and also mentioned to not call again.

They continued to call on and off for 3 days, even after multiple requests to STFU and go away.

So one day, they called. Unfortunately, they got me on the line. Also unfortunately, nobody was home. They were cheerful enough and asked if I had time to answer a survey. I said sure, why not? Then they asked me if I had seen the Olympics.

Well Played. I actually lol'd when i read that. I once got rid of a telemarketer by blasting them with a bit of System Of A Down from my stereo.

The_Enigma

Quote from: JackO on October 04, 2009, 06:49:59 AM
Quote from: Phatman_Dover on October 02, 2009, 10:02:46 AM

Well Played. I actually lol'd when i read that. I once got rid of a telemarketer by blasting them with a bit of System Of A Down from my stereo.

XD Wow, that actually sounds like a good idea.  You know, you could improve on that by blasting it in the background, and then answer the phone and sound all drunk.  After a little while of talking, you should have a random pause and yell "BOBBY!  WHAT THE HELL, MAN?!"  and just run away while leaving the phone on.  It'd be hilarious.

Loki275

Ohh...I was gonna say B.U.S, but i guess this works to...

...just kidding ^_^

I never really have a problem with telemarketers, maybe they just inherently know I have no money. :lol:

I have a problem with all the jehovah's witnesses ans Mormons that come to my door every weekend.  :death:
Would you like to play a game? Heads I win, tails you lose.

animepee

FallenStar

That Tom Mabe prank has been around a lot longer and to be honest, I still like Phatman's response better.   :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Phatman_Dover

You might like this one then. They called once and asked for my dad, and I told them to please wait so I could get a pencil. I put on my jacket, and walked all the way down to the local gas station (~15 min walk one way) and bought a pencil, along with some cigarettes. When I came back they were still on the line, and they were kind of confused. I took the message anyways.

The best part is that they can't hang up on you. :3
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."