New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Please Read Here if you can't access the Image Gallery

Started by FallenStar, July 28, 2009, 06:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

Due to numerous questions both in PM and posted here on the forum, I've decided to repost rule number seven right here so that you all may understand *why* some of you can no longer access the Image Gallery.

Please read this post before PMing me or posting questions on the board!  *read

Rule number 7: Because the previous 10 post count rule was cause for mass complaints, I have instituted a change; regular members - those who join right away, now have access to the shoutbox, chat, and downloads sections. If you want access to the Image Gallery, however, you have to prove yourself worthy of being an Advanced Member. Post good posts (as suggested by the FAQs), don't break any rules, and post often and more than likely, you'll be an Advanced Member in no time - those members who have more than 10 posts and had access before need only to continue posting - eventually, you will be made advanced. Sorry about the change, but it is done in order to encourage posting without being anal about it.

Now, please stop PMing me wondering why you can't access the image gallery. There's no further excuse (I HOPE).  <_<;

TaintedLove

They won't read this.  Know what WILL stop people from asking about it?

animewetting

Perhaps making a certain-post rule again, but making it 20 or 30 this time.

TaintedLove

Requiring people to post only leads to posts like yours, animewetting.

The point of my post was to suggest we be more friendly without directly stating it.

Xakon

It's not a bad change. But I wouldn't do a certain-post rule, too. I think with the 10-post-rule there were enough who just wrote anything to get their posts and then they where happy. This would be the same when you need 20 or 30 posts.

For me it's not very easy to write very much because I'm from germany and I just know my school-english, but I think for this forum it is better when you have to show the others that you want to be here.

I think when you have done many posts you start liking this site WITH the forum and it makes fun to read and write.

AliasnameTO

An interesting suggestion IMO would be to raise the post limit. On a forum I help moderate (a non-adult themed one), the limit for the extra features is 25 contributing posts. That scares away all the in-n'-out members, and gives the staff more of a chance to see the intentions of any member in question.

i_pissed_my_pants

I"m not quite sure if I get the concept of "contributing posts", could you please explain alittle more? perhaps?

animewetting

Quote from: TaintedLove on August 07, 2009, 04:37:01 PM
Requiring people to post only leads to posts like yours, animewetting.

The point of my post was to suggest we be more friendly without directly stating it.
Well then what what do you suggest, Tainted Love, since my posts obviously aren't good enough?  >:(

FallenStar

Quote from: i_pissed_my_pants on September 12, 2009, 10:50:07 PM
I"m not quite sure if I get the concept of "contributing posts", could you please explain alittle more? perhaps?

There is a FAQ section just for this.  I suggest  checking out Tru's topic. 
Quote from: animewetting on September 13, 2009, 06:33:19 AM

Well then what what do you suggest, Tainted Love, since my posts obviously aren't good enough?  >:(
[/quote]

Don't mind her; apparently, she fancies herself somewhat of a troll. I would suggest reading the FAQs section and seeing where you might and can improve. 

TaintedLove

Star, do not make such statements about me.  I only troll useless, pointless, or worthless things.  When it comes to serious topics like this, I am all business.  If you cannot, or choose not to recognize this, it is a weakness of your own.

Animewetting, basically it boils down to this.  We don't just talk here.  We discuss.  If your post isn't something that can be discussed, it's not what we're looking for.  With me so far?  Now, the problem is, when you make a one sentence post, you're not leaving much room for open ended discussion.  There is little for one to focus on, and focus is the key difference between discussion and talking.

The_Enigma

Quote from: TaintedLove on September 14, 2009, 12:06:42 PM
Star, do not make such statements about me.  I only troll useless, pointless, or worthless things.  When it comes to serious topics like this, I am all business.  If you cannot, or choose not to recognize this, it is a weakness of your own.

Animewetting, basically it boils down to this.  We don't just talk here.  We discuss.  If your post isn't something that can be discussed, it's not what we're looking for.  With me so far?  Now, the problem is, when you make a one sentence post, you're not leaving much room for open ended discussion.  There is little for one to focus on, and focus is the key difference between discussion and talking.

Actually, that's not necessarily true.  One sentence can lead to a VERY open ended discussion.  However, it has to be a well thought out sentence with deep meaning or complexities.

For example; "Why do we exist?" or "To what reason is life the way it is?"

The_Enigma

Quote from: B.u.S. on September 19, 2009, 12:20:56 AM
But a question like that requries a well thought answer, which is probably even worse in itself :P

XD This is very true!  And that's why leechers are shunned, for they can't provide the well thought out answers to such questions.  Or, rather, aren't willing to provide.

TaintedLove

I would agree with that, Enigma.  However, I didn't delve that deep for two reasons.

One, Animewetting has a bad track record with one sentence posts.  And two, I was on my iphone and didn't feel like typing any more with it.

johnny282

What ever happened to that rule about contributing to the galleries to keep from having your account wiped? I'm much more prone to contributing to the gallery than the forums, but now i can't even do that.

FallenStar

Quote from: johnny282 on September 28, 2009, 04:07:38 PM
What ever happened to that rule about contributing to the galleries to keep from having your account wiped? I'm much more prone to contributing to the gallery than the forums, but now i can't even do that.

I will tell you this and I hope others will read and understand this too;  If you just post enough times to gain access to the image gallery and then never post again, that does not mean your account won't be closed. Again, this site is a forum and community first and a image gallery second.  If you want access to the image gallery, you MUST participate in the conversations here on the forum.

Judging by your account, which was made last July, you are one of those post 10 times and never post again members. Therefore, you have not been advanced to advanced members and thus, you have lost your access due to the rule change.  Again, I say, if you want such access, you MUST participate in the forum.