New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Cannabis, your thoughts?

Started by xXDNAXx, January 23, 2012, 06:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXDNAXx

What is your opinion on Cannabis? I didn't see a thread about it and if its against the rules, I shall remove it. I just wanted to know if im the only one here that smokes.

Serika

No worries. There once was a thread but it has long since died and been buried.

That said, i don't smoke but i think other people should be allowed to smoke. There's going to be something about legalization on the ballot in Washington state this November and i will be voting for it too.

Rights are getting scarce these days. People should stand up for each other.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Drying

I'm Dutch ;)

But nah, I've never smoked (except the water pipe) and I'm not planning to do so.

I agree with legalization, though (note: it's not exactly legal here). As long as people respect others and don't smoke in their vicinity, they are only "harming" themselves, and I think government should not try too hard to protect people from themselves. That's simply impossible.

Falcio

The day I'll agree with cannabis legalization is the one in wich smokers will have to pay for their own treatments, to the last  dime.
Over here, I see it happen quite often that people who either do drugs even just smoke cannabis have to be saved in extremis, and because of how high taxes are, it really annoyes me to think that my hard earned money have to be wasted for someone who knew that was damaging him/herself. Don't damage your health, don't waste the community's money, and we'll all  be happier.

Drying

Quote from: Falcio on January 26, 2012, 01:14:41 PM
The day I'll agree with cannabis legalization is the one in wich smokers will have to pay for their own treatments, to the last  dime.
Over here, I see it happen quite often that people who either do drugs even just smoke cannabis have to be saved in extremis, and because of how high taxes are, it really annoyes me to think that my hard earned money have to be wasted for someone who knew that was damaging him/herself. Don't damage your health, don't waste the community's money, and we'll all  be happier.
Yeah that's a good point. But I think stuff like obesity is the same problem. Many people knowingly eat unhealthy stuff, and I think the total cost to society is much, much more severe than the cost of smoking (especially with the insane taxes). What is your opinion about this?

Falcio

Pretty much the same. I wish they would do more PE in schools and educate people to at least burn excess calories from bad food; though, we seem to eat pretty well over here in Italy, so we don't quite have as many problems with obesity and, fortunately, that kind of health problem is something that you have to pay for yourself over here; not sure my opinion about that one thing would count very much  :S

jumanji42

I smoke! I'm actually borderline obsessed with the various sciences related to the topic so if anybody has any questions don't hesitate to ask.