News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

The Healer and the Guardians (The Story)

Started by Yukari53, July 16, 2011, 03:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukari53

Chapter One
Where are We?

The short black haired fifteen year old high school girl with brown eyes had just slipped on her jeans and pulled over her pink top with a picture of a kitten on the front and headed towards the doorway leading from the locker rooms to the gym. 

Kim hated Gym, especially as the first period of the day, but despite her feelings towards it, she had never been late for the 8:05 engagement, and now she took her somewhat tired out body through the portal to find not the gym, but something terrifying and beautiful at the same time!  She stood in a grassy meadow with mountains in the distance.  Around her, she found four other girls who had to be about her age. 

Jennifer stood the tallest.  She was a light golden brown skinned African with large brown eyes and hair that fell past her shoulders in great waves of beauty.  She wore only a simple dress that came just below her pelvis only covering what was necessary.  There was a certain aura about her as though she had never doubted herself in her life.  She was the first to respond to their situation, as it seemed that all five girls had appeared at nearly the same time.

"Does anyone know where the fuck we are?"

Sandra was not as tall as Jennifer, but she was a bit heavier with dark yellowish blond hair that came past her shoulders and blue eyes.  Her arms and legs were not flabby nor were they sticks.  They had the appearances of someone who worked out regularly, but somehow avoided making herself big like a body builder.  Sandra wore faded jeans and a fairly nice yellow-brown blouse.

"I don't know," was her reply.  "I was just coming through the doorway of my second period English class when I was surprised to find myself here."

Sook Nyul was almost as tall as Sandra, but she was very thin and agil.  She had a light tan body and almost almond shaped brown eyes.  Her hair was a very dark brown that curled about the top of her head, and even if it were not curly, it would not have fallen upon her shoulders for she liked very short hair.  Sook Nyul had an almost scary aura about her, and her eyes were narrowed and suspicious of the others.  She said not a word at the moment, but stood there looking distrustful.  Sook wore Jeans and an old dingy t-shirt.

Mizuki had lightly colored skin that was neither white nor brown.  Her hair fell just to her shoulders, and she had a nice little smile.  Her brown eyes were naturally large and seemed to nearly bulge from her plush face.  She was the heaviest among the girls, and was only slightly taller than Kim. Mizuki had on a school uniform consisting of a jumper-style dress with but shoulder straps to hold it over her body, her sides and parts of her breasts would have been exposed except for the white blouse that was required beneath it.  a red ribbon was tied under the collar to complete the uniform.

"I'm Mizuki," she addressed the others without fear.  "Whatever has brought us here, has put us together, so we should at least take advantage of the fact that we are not alone."

"You know what is strange?" Jennifer commented.  "I am sure you are Asian, and yet you are speaking perfect French."
"No, you mean you both are speaking perfect English," Sandra said.
"I don't think that's right," Sook Nyul spoke up finally.  "I have never learned English or French, so whatever has us together has also made it so we can understand one another."

The girls looked at one another and then out at the expanse of the fields around them.  Whatever had them together and brought them here, they had to find it and see if they could get home.

Yukari53

"What do you think?" Sook looked at the two most menacing girls for direction.

"Well," Jennifer looked around again once more.  "I think the most logical thing would be to look for someone that can help us."

The girls looked around the fields, and eventually, their gazes fell upon a silhouette in the distance.  It was hard to tell, but the girls thought that perhaps it looked like it might be a house or structure, and without having anything else to go by, at least it gave them some reasonable direction to wonder in.

"I'm not really sure about going to the house of someone we hardly know," Kim said as they started to walk.  "It's like we are asking for someone to take us and do something horrible."

"There are five of us," Jennifer reminded her.  "I don't think we have anything to worry about with that, and it's unlikely we'll be able to get back to our homes unless we ask someone for some help."

"I agree," Sandra chimed in.  "Besides, there is no way to tell if we are even on Earth or in a world that has the same problems as our world, so kidnapping might even be a foreign concept for who ever lives here."

As soon as Sandra had mentioned being on a different world, all the girls felt a tingle run through their backbones, and they knew that they were not on Earth.  They walked with purpose towards the Silhouette in the distance, and though it felt like they were walking for hours, the place didn't seem to get any closer. 

All about them, the only cover they had was the knee high grass around them.  There were no large trees, boulders, or anything else to hide behind, and it wasn't too long before Kim felt a fullness in her bladder.  She tried putting it off hoping to get to that place in the distance or at least to some other place with better cover before announcing her dilemma.  Though the others didn't say anything, Kim bitterly thought that they were either also keeping quiet about it, would have to go soon, or might be even hiding it another way.

"That place is really far," Sook Nyul commented.  "I wonder if we'll get there before nightfall."
"If we don't," Sandra looked around her to punctuate the point.  "I think it might be big problem for us.  Even if kidnapping might be foreign to the people of this world, and we still don't know that it is, I have the feeling that there are animals or other dangerous things out here that might use the night as cover."

As soon as Sandra had mentioned it, Jennifer suddenly felt her hunting instincts kick in.  She had been hunting in the Congo with her father many times, and knew the ways of the wild.  Somehow, she did feel that perhaps they were being trailed.  Looking behind her, the knee length grass probably hiding anything that was actually there, she suddenly felt an urge to move faster.

"Girls," she spoke with urgency and command that caught their attention.  "We need to move.  Something is following us, and as I've grown up hunting all my life, I know stalking when it's upon you."

"We're being stalked?" Sandra asked in surprise.  "Do you think it's a man?"

"No.  It's not a man that is stalking us, and I don't think it's any animal that we have ever seen before either.  It's something else.  I can feel it."

With that, the girls started to pick up their pace some, Kim only reluctantly so because walking faster was jolting her stomach and making her need more pressing.  She wanted to stop somewhere, anywhere, and pull down her pants so she could let it go.  However, the fear of whatever was behind them, made her press onward. 

The structure in the distance was slowly getting closer, as the girls could see it starting to rise up in front of them, but before they were close enough to get there before being overrun by whatever was chasing them, Jennifer had a sinking feeling that their pursuers were about to catch them.  She dropped into the high grass making it harder for them to see her, she hoped.  Sook mimicked her immediately, but the other three girls looked down at Jennifer in surprise.

"Get down," Jennifer whispered hoarsely.  "The things are right on top of us, I'm sure of it."
The other girls dropped to the ground.
To their surprise, the girls suddenly realized that there were things on the ground in front of them, as though they were prepared just for them.

Jennifer found a long spear and some a few throwing spears inside a quiver.  She had known how to use spears since she was nine and went hunting with her father for the very first time.  She smiled and picked them up feeling that their use might be close at hand.

Sandra, who had taken fencing lessons since she was about nine, found a pair of swords, one longer than the other in front of her and a bow with some arrows.  She looked around at the others, and just shrugged as she picked up the weapons thinking that this was some sign, that each girl had something in front of her.

Sook also found two swords, both the same short size in front of her and a bow with a few arrows.
Mizuki found a spear and a bag with a few things in it.
Kim only found a bag and a rather large knife (dagger) laying next to it.

"What the?  Why would these be lying just in this spot?" Jennifer asked the others getting a chill up her spine.

Mizuki had the  same chill.  "They ARE for us," she whispered.  "Who ever brought us here, seems to have given us the tools we need to survive."

Kim looked at her only defense, a large knife and felt a bit of resentment towards their 'provider.'  "Well, that's good of him," she was sarcastic.  "I mean why even take us from our daily lives to put us in a situation where we'd need such useless things?"  Never the less, she did take the shoulder bag and the dagger thinking that if they were truly needed, then she couldn't just leave them.

Jennifer heard the grass moving around in front of them, and she put her fingers to her lips.  She watched carefully waiting to see what would come out of the obscuring grasses, but for several minutes, nothing seemed to happened.

Kim Opened her bag and looked in it to see that it looked like a filing organizer with papers shuffled into each of the pockets.  The papers were neat and white with clear crisp writing.  Curious, she pulled one of the papers from the bag and then as she kept her ears tuned to the outside, her eyes fell upon the paper reading it over.

Invisible Hut it read.  There seemed to be some directions tied to the title, and Kim almost laughed at seeing them.  It had promised to deliver a room that would be large enough to accompany up to ten people with the space needed for light furnishings as long as there were fewer people to provide for. 

The movements in the grasses were getting closer, but still nothing came out and showed itself.  Jennifer felt the hairs at the back of her neck sticking up, as though she was in imminent danger, but still there was no movement from the grasses that showed this to be true.  whatever was in there, was very crafty and keeping itself well hidden.

Kim looked at the paper again, and then at her knife.  She knew that a knife would be no match for whatever made the taller girl with a spear so nervous.  She decided to close her eyes, and think about the directions on the paper.  She mumbled nonsense and imagined a little kitchen with a table and chairs.  The room would be big enough for the five of them with five chairs, if she could help it.  And counting to three, she opened her eyes slowly to see a shimmering distortion of light not more than a few feet in front of her.

"Jennifer, Mizuki, Sook, Sandra," she whispered pointing at the shimmering distortion.

The others were started to see the shimmering suddenly appear in front of them.  Jennifer drew her spear towards it thinking it had something to do with what was chasing them.

"Everyone, hurry!  Let's get in that place," Kim whispered.  She crawled forward and through the space.
The other girls had no time to react and followed Kim through the dome.  When they had all entered it, the shimmering distortion vanished to the outside world, and the eyes that were watching them, only saw five girls crawling away and then disappearing into thin air.

The creature came out into the opening, it looked like some ugly medium sized cat that had a sword tied to its back.  It sniffed at the air, and paced around outside the little kitchen.  It's ears were large and naked monstrosities that bent this way and that looking for some hint of its prey.  It's body was nearly hairless, and it had a sickly gray appearance with bony ribs that seemed to stick out of it.  It stood up clumsily, and now, its forearms seemed to have hands that allowed the creature to pull the sword from its back as it sniffed around at the air.

The girls could see through all directions of the kitchen as though the walls were made of windows.  Kim's eyes grew large in fear as she saw the creature that had stood up.  It wasn't quite as tall as Kim, but it had a nasty set of teeth and very limber limbs and ugly body and face that even spooked Jennifer.  Then, out of the grasses came a few more of the creatures.

"What is it?" one of them asked the first one on location.
"I smells girls," it responded.
"We have no time for girls now," one of the others replied.  "We are on mission.  How can girls be so far out here anyway?  We are not near any towns."
"Look," the first goblin pointed at the now noticeable cabin in the distance.  "Maybe from there!"
"We don't have time," the goblins growled again, and before the five girls realized it, the gathered number of fifteen goblins returned to all fours and pranced off in the direction of the cabin. 

"Good thing you found this thing," Mizuki congratulated Kim.  "I don't think we could have fought all those things and lived."
"I'd have to agree with Mizuki," Jennifer said.  "How did you know what this was?"

Kim showed them the paper, but they stared at it and then at her in confusion.
"Can't you read it?" Kim asked.
None of the others girls could.

Yukari53

Tell me, what do you think so far?  I have posted this story... slightly different on the sister site, but a few details have been changed partly because this site doesn't allow me to use as many words in one post.