New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Linux users

Started by Ranpalan, March 10, 2010, 10:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranpalan

Just noticed the userbar in animepee's signature - anyone else here use it? Which distro, DE, WM, browser, etc.?
Always happy to get PMs/IMs

Lisk

I use Ubuntu 9.10 liveCD as the most user-friendly distributive when people ask me to save their Important Photos and Videos before they Format Everything and GUIless ASPlinux 9.2 on my homebrew NAS/router. Other than that, I use Windows (7 on my desktop, XP on my laptop), because GAEMS. Especially japanese visual novels.

animepee

Before I wiped my hard drive, I was using OpenSuse Linux, v10.3 I think..

I've considered re-downloading it, considering v11 is already out.

I currently run Windows 7 Ultimate as well.

Adam

Because I'm just a terrible postwhore, I'll reply to this too! Yay! Haha.

A few months ago, on my old Dell Dimension, I was using Xubuntu Linux all the way up to 9.10 Karmic Koala. I eventually installed XP over it (again) because of a few OpenGL glitches that I couldn't fix. Also, I just needed some games and programs I missed. I then got the new computer I'm using right now, and it has Vista on it. Not as bad as people say. But Linux is MUCH better than what people think. Terminal isn't that scary. :P

The human being of female gender- sexiest and cutest when in need of the restroom. Bonus points for wetting...

FallenStar

I've been stuck using Vista for some time and I agree... it's not nearly as bad as people want to think, although I do miss my own Windows Fax and Picture viewer that could also open gifs without needing a new program.   :crying:
Welp... I'm fucked...

bordendazed

Haven't booted into Windows for a few years here... :)