New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

A very personal Question...

Started by JackO, March 02, 2010, 07:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackO

So, members of /agd/, recently I have been drinking a lot of pepsi, and I wondered...

Do you guys like Coke or Pepsi better?

Do you think the Diet versions live up to the taste of the non diet versions?

Do you think Coke Zero/Pepsi Max are obsolete? I mean what's the difference between the diet versions and them?

Do you think that you can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi?

and finally Do you even like cola? (i probably should have asked this first xD)

but yeah, I was just wondering how you guys like your cola drinks.

For me, I'd have to answer Pepsi, no, I dunno but Max>Diet, I think i can and Yes  :clap: :lol:

redeker

What a surreptitious name change, JackO. Anyway...

Quote from: Jack O. Sparrow, Captain on March 02, 2010, 07:35:24 AMDo you guys like Coke or Pepsi better?

Coke, but mostly because that's what available to me most of the time.

Quote from: Jack O. Sparrow, Captain on March 02, 2010, 07:35:24 AMDo you think the Diet versions live up to the taste of the non diet versions?

Not really. They're okay when there's nothing around with some CO2(g), but I'd rather have non-diet than diet.

Quote from: Jack O. Sparrow, Captain on March 02, 2010, 07:35:24 AMDo you think Coke Zero/Pepsi Max are obsolete? I mean what's the difference between the diet versions and them?

Honestly, I have no idea. But I guess it's a marketing thing...

Quote from: Jack O. Sparrow, Captain on March 02, 2010, 07:35:24 AMDo you think that you can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi?

Yeah. I tried Pepsi one time, it tasted pretty watered down... my friends said it used to be sweeter back in the day.

Quote from: Jack O. Sparrow, Captain on March 02, 2010, 07:35:24 AMand finally Do you even like cola? (i probably should have asked this first xD)

Meh, it's a readily available CO2(g) drink. The taste is okay, and I like to have a coke once in a while (i.e. no less than once a month).

All the crazy monkeys
are playing a game that will never end,
caught up in a never-ending "Banana Roulette."

Iku Nagae

In Order: Pepsi; No; Yes; Yes; Yes

FallenStar

Quote from: Jack O. Sparrow, Captain on March 02, 2010, 07:35:24 AM

Coke, most assuredly.

QuoteDo you think the Diet versions live up to the taste of the non diet versions?

I can't say I've ever had Diet Pepsi close enough after having a Pepsi, so I can't judge;  Diet Coke, however, is teh shit compared to Coke itself.

QuoteDo you think Coke Zero/Pepsi Max are obsolete? I mean what's the difference between the diet versions and them?

Dunno about Pepsi Max, but I thought Coke Zero was supposed to have zero calories at all without the diet taste of Diet Coke. Is it obsolete? I can't say.

QuoteDo you think that you can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi?

Yes, mostly because of the syrupy after-taste of Coke.

Quoteand finally Do you even like cola? (i probably should have asked this first xD)

I like cola a lot.

In order of my preferences of soda drinks, it goes like this:

Root Beer (usually Barq's or Mug), Vanilla Cola, Mellow Yellow/Mountain Dew, Sprite, 7-Up, regular colas

However, I despise Doctor Pepper and all the other Doctor and Mister type drinks. I am also not very fond of Ginger Ale or Lemonade sodas that are not Sprite.

I usually tend to drink the Chek brand of sodas because they are cheapest and I'm on a tight budget.  -.-

And I'm still THE GODDAMN CAPTAIN

Welp... I'm fucked...

LoveIsAJoke

In order: Coke, No, Yes, yeah coke has a more...bitey taste if that makes any sense, yeah but I prefere Mountin Dew.

OnlySupers

Quote from: Cap'n Star on March 02, 2010, 07:31:15 PM

QuoteDo you think the Diet versions live up to the taste of the non diet versions?

I can't say I've ever had Diet Pepsi close enough after having a Pepsi, so I can't judge;  Diet Coke, however, is teh shit compared to Coke itself.

Me and you, Cap'n!  The only two who like Diet Coke more than Coke!  I'll follow ye anywhere!

To answer the question, Coke is better for anyone who likes their drinks to taste like things other than pure sugar.

FallenStar

Are ye daft?! I find teh Diet Coke WORSE than teh Coke.

Now go... scrub something... afore I have you hauled off to the brig, because I'M THE GODDAMN CAPTAIN, GODDAMNIT.

Welp... I'm fucked...

OnlySupers

But you said it was "teh shit"!  That's a compliment, captain!

tenck5k

I like Coke, because of the more bitter taste. I can't drink Pepsi really, I get sick of the overly sweet taste too quickly.

I don't like diet soda, the aftertaste is eww.

I can taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke for sure.

I dunno about the zero calorie stuff, never really cared.

I like Sprite and Orange Soda the most, but I don't mind Coke, especially when I need some caffeine. I don't like Coffee after all.

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

FallenStar

Quote from: OnlySupers on March 03, 2010, 12:06:19 AM
But you said it was "teh shit"!  That's a compliment, captain!

I said it was teh shit because it tastes like teh shit, obviously. Now get back in the galley, and make me a sammich! I'M THE GODDAMN CAPTAIN AND I'M GODDAMN HUNGRY!  :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

OnlySupers

Just so you know, Captain, "the shit", or "teh shit", or whatever, IS a compliment.  If it tastes like shit, in your opinion, that's not the right phrase to use.  Just lookin out for ya, makin sure you know.

Faust

To the first, Both. I'm neutral on the normal Soda *Coke and pepsi*
Any of the non-sugar variety drinks will kill me, so I've never had em.
and Yes, I am addicted.
*I might be able to taste the difference between the two, but I haven't had a pepsi in a while so.....yeah.*
Check any diet drink label for a big long P word in bold print.
That'll kill me.

JackO

Quote from: Faust on March 03, 2010, 05:00:46 AM
To the first, Both. I'm neutral on the normal Soda *Coke and pepsi*
Any of the non-sugar variety drinks will kill me, so I've never had em.
and Yes, I am addicted.
*I might be able to taste the difference between the two, but I haven't had a pepsi in a while so.....yeah.*
Check any diet drink label for a big long P word in bold print.
That'll kill me.

Phenylalanine?

You have something keptoneuria right?

/Biologist

aptom203

Coke

Diet tastes different, but sometimes I actually like it

Coke Zero/Pepsi Max are much, much closer tot he original taste than diet versions. They use artificial sweeteners tor eplicate the taste, while diet uses a single sweetener, they use a slightly more expensive blend of sweeteners which is why they don;t have the taste and taste memory of diet versions.

I can definitely taste the difference between the two.
"...but her bladder would broker no delay..."

Quagmire

Quote from: Jack O. Sparrow, Captain on March 02, 2010, 07:35:24 AM
So, members of /agd/, recently I have been drinking a lot of pepsi, and I wondered...

Do you think the Diet versions live up to the taste of the non diet versions?

Do you think Coke Zero/Pepsi Max are obsolete? I mean what's the difference between the diet versions and them?

Do you think that you can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi?

and finally Do you even like cola? (i probably should have asked this first xD)

but yeah, I was just wondering how you guys like your cola drinks.

For me, I'd have to answer Pepsi, no, I dunno but Max>Diet, I think i can and Yes  :clap: :lol:

*FLASHBACK* to reading old GamePro's, where they would bitch if readers sent in lists of questions... :D

-Pepsi.  Because...I've gotten used to Diet drinks, and I can't stand anything that tastes TOO sweet now.  And Coke tastes sweeter than Pepsi to me.

-Now I LIKE Diet drinks...but hell no, they don't taste the same.  Except for Diet Dr. Pepper.  Yes, it DOES exist!

-Arguably Coke Zero tastes less like a Diet drink.  And Pepsi Max is souped up with more caffeine.  So Pepsi Max isn't obsolete, but I dunno about Coke Zero.

-Yes, as stated above - Coke has more sugar, methinks.

-Yes.  In order of preference, I like cola, Dr. Pepper, and Mtn. Dew.

Now....who's ass do I have to kiss to get some friggin' CRYSTAL PEPSI again?!?!?  :drool: