New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

What are your religious beliefs?

Started by Mighty Oracle, January 06, 2010, 05:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

Mormons in the Southern U.S. do apparently give tithings as a means to sacrifice something in order to be closer to God...

However, since I consider money to be evil itself (or at least, the greed of people who desire it), I feel no obligation to give to God something that I feel is inherently evil.

I wish I didn't have to give it to the electric company either, but ah well...   :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Flyper

My uncle's church focuses on tithes. They're so focused on it that they changed the schedule around so that the tithing and offering would occur after the sermon. His idea was that the congregation would be so into the spirit that they wouldn't mind giving. With the offerings, he has managed to buy an old Methodist church behind his church and he plans on turning that into an academy, which may or may not be profitable, I don't know.

However, it could be a lot worse. Prosperity theology and the crook Creflo Dollar, anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_knKUT586nQ&feature=related

xXDNAXx

Quote from: hashish on February 21, 2010, 04:26:35 PM
Quote from: xXDNAXx on February 08, 2010, 12:04:52 PM
I agree with OP. Religion plays no part in my life whatsoever. Though being stuck in the south, you have to stare at Christians everyday. lol I just don't have much time for religion. And from what I've seen of the Churches, they just look like "Get Rich Quick Schemes" to me. Donate all your money to be right with God.  :death: Ha.

I've never been to the south of america but I've heard from so many internet people that think ALL churches and organised "christian" establishments are like this ("Get Rich Quick Schemes"). It's the main reason why im so vocal about what I do and don't believe in.

There are like ZERO and I mean ZERO churches that have that ("Get Rich Quick Schemes") attitude in London and the south east of England that i've explored. I don't doubt that theres one or two somewhere in england. And the outsiders and anonymous hatin on those south american "give us your money" "churches" is understandable, but I digress...

I understand. Churches around here think that "god needs your money in exchange for a ticket into heaven." Not that other churches do the same. I'd like to see some of the churches in London, for the looks not for the religious aspect.

Adam

I'm a total agnostic. I don't openly hate on Christians and I can be friends with them just fine. I just like being liberated.

The human being of female gender- sexiest and cutest when in need of the restroom. Bonus points for wetting...

galyathore

it's always been a tough one for me, i, for one, am considering myself "non religiouse" and not an athiest. throughout the years i've always tried to think of why religion started in the first place. cause i've seen a lot of bad things happen because of religion (violence and such)

at first i thought religion was a way to keep people civilized back in the day when you could walk up and kill your nieghbor and no one would do anything some 5000 years ago.

then i started thinking that maybe somthing happened to make our ancestors think that they saw was actually real and somthing did happen back then.

THEN, i'm now starting to see things like what the history channels new series "Ancient Aliens" were they believe that the reason we humans have no link from pre-human to human evolution. stating that aliens created us to mine gold and for other things (thus our intrest in gold in the ancient world)

but i don't know, it's complicated, what do you all think?
"Your Spirit is Comforting"

jwisrael

I do believe in a higher power but I dont believe he wants us going to a building full of people to pray once a week. I think he wants us to live full honest lives where instead of helping just our selves we help anybody who needs it even if they dont deserve it

Basil1

Mighty Oracle

While I'm still interested in finding out the universal truth of the world, if there truly exists such a thing, I've very recently come to accept that I really don't give a shit about religion one way or the other.

This does not mean that I am anti-religious, however, just that I don't care enough to apply it to my life.

chillyvanilly

My parents have raised me as a Roman Catholic for my whole life, and though I am not a fan of the corruption in the churches, I am generally okay with the beliefs. However as of late I have been looking into thew wiccan religion, and I have to tell you guys I like what I see. One of the only commandments is this "If harm none do what though will", can't get much simpler than that
I'm just a regular guy who likes to see anime babes desperate to pee. Whats so wrong with that