New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Ok I need computer help

Started by dragonfox2004, April 25, 2009, 06:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfox2004

I need your guys help on this.Well, I like to play Second life but the problem is every time I run it lock up the computer.I been told a few diffent things but Im thinking its the grapic card. It only happen on that programe. So, what you guys think?

chibiyoko707

Well what kind of graphic card do you have and what kind of card is recommended and what operating system you have

But before you answer try to defrag your computer delete files you don't use a lot and make sure you have the latest version of second life

what is your RAM and recommended RAM (if your OS is vista know you need usually need double the recommended RAM)

Hope I can help
cookie

ThornBlues

it may just be that your driver is outdated and you can download a new one for free here: http://www.drivershq.com/

L0rd_Luke

Hopefully the problem has already been solved, but I must say that, if it's an instant, complete lockup then I doubt it's as simple as a lack of ram or video power.  Can I assume that you've already reinstalled it?  Try completely uninstalling, as well as searching your document folder for any setting remnants for a complete wipe, it may be a simple setting error. 

Beyond that, and what others have already said, it's impossible to give any accurate advice without further information.

dragonfox2004

Quote from: L0rd_Luke on April 29, 2009, 12:05:08 AM
Hopefully the problem has already been solved, but I must say that, if it's an instant, complete lockup then I doubt it's as simple as a lack of ram or video power.  Can I assume that you've already reinstalled it?  Try completely uninstalling, as well as searching your document folder for any setting remnants for a complete wipe, it may be a simple setting error. 

Beyond that, and what others have already said, it's impossible to give any accurate advice without further information.

yes the problem had been fix it was the grapic card that was giving me problems i had the techy fix the problem i think it was the setting error