New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Sort of A Suggestion/Question

Started by Scoozums, February 11, 2009, 07:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoozums

I notice there's no "questions" forum but I think any good forum can use one.  that way people who ask questions, instead of just going around randomly asking them, have an actual place to post their questions to.

With an stickied FAQ there can be listed either all the common questions people ask or it can include all questions that have been asked already as well as links to those topics.

Oh and my question was this:  How does Karma work?  Is it based on post count or does someone have to give you karma for your karma rating to go up?

I'm curious because mine says Karma "+1/-0" and I'm not sure why...

FallenStar

Karma is like the points in "Whose Line is it anyway"?  They have no real point.  All they do is tell you someone likes what you did.

nagato

or tell yo when you piss someone off. but it is not the best system because unless someone says what they gave + or - karma for you wont know what you did that pissed someone off or what you did that people liked so you can't take steps to prevent - karma or to get + karma.
"The fastest way to flush a rat out of its nest is with a little bit of carpet bombing." - Char "The Red Comet" Aznable

nagato

and to demonstrate clearly I pissed someone off since I last logged on because before my karma was either +3/-2 or +2/-1 (can't really remember but my + was higher then -) and now it is +3/-3 and I don't know what I did to piss someone off. And I can't take steps to avoid pissing the person off again since I don't know what I did in the first place. 
"The fastest way to flush a rat out of its nest is with a little bit of carpet bombing." - Char "The Red Comet" Aznable

FallenStar

That's one reason why Karma is useless....  xD

The other being that, so far, no one's bothered to figure out an actual use for it. I know that admins can reset people's Karma, but until there's an actual use for it, I don't see the point.. lol

nagato

A little bit off topic but can someone confirm for my own sanity that there had been a post by scoozums in between my posts or am I going insane?

Scoozums

Yeah Some of my posts have been removed.  Would like to know why though...

My Karma's gone from -0 to -5 now, no idea why...

And I guess karma has its purposes.  On one site I am on it's a site linked with their game.  You can redeem karma for credits which can be used to trade in for in game items.

Bad Karma/Good Karma anyone?

TBH I'm looking at this site's Karma ratings and thinking MTG for some reason...

I'm a 1/5 Creature xD

nagato

sweet, then that makes me a 3/5 creature