* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

The Official "Donate to the "Get Star a PS3" fund topic

Started by FallenStar, April 17, 2008, 01:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

>.>
<.<

So, liek... I wuz tawkin' to mah host abut mai PS2 isues an' he done sed tat I sould pst a tpoic hear abut it.

So liek, my PS2 is a piece of shit and liek, I needz monies for a PS3 and liek, you guyz should, liek, really donate and some shit...

So liek, make with the monies and shit or I sould liek, sht dow teh site and whtnot...

Eternal Dragon

great... unfortunately you already know where all my funds are going atm  :sweatdrop:

FallenStar

Quote from: B.u.S. on April 17, 2008, 02:36:52 PM
A more important question - why choose a PS3 to buy?! You're basically BURNING money, and from what I understand that's illegal :P

Ya half-wit. It's illegal to burn THE FLAG. Not the Money!  And besides, I need a PS3 to play my Final Fantasy PSX games, since my PS2 is  :censored:.

Besides, I need teh monies anyway.    :lol:

Serika

Duuude... You could just get another PS2 and fuse it with your old one. Then it would be, like, a PS4 man! :drool:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Taiki

Quote from: Star on April 17, 2008, 03:15:37 PM
Quote from: B.u.S. on April 17, 2008, 02:36:52 PM
A more important question - why choose a PS3 to buy?! You're basically BURNING money, and from what I understand that's illegal :P

Ya half-wit. It's illegal to burn THE FLAG. Not the Money!  And besides, I need a PS3 to play my Final Fantasy PSX games, since my PS2 is  :censored:.

Besides, I need teh monies anyway.    :lol:

I'm curious... what country do you hail from? I need to brush up on where it's legal to burn flags, and where it's not legal. In America where I live, flag burning is legal, but of course it pisses off some people. I read about a teacher who gave his students extra credit for burning the flag, just for the sake of exercising their rights.

Personally, I think you should focus on buying a new PS2. PS3s are crap. They glitch all the time, and from what I hear, they don't have backwards compatibility. They still produce PS2s too. They even still make PS2 games. Personally, I always thought the PS2 was an absolute perfect. The slim one I have is and always has been a loyal servant.

FallenStar

Quote from: Taiki Saruwatari on April 17, 2008, 05:03:16 PM
I'm curious... what country do you hail from? I need to brush up on where it's legal to burn flags, and where it's not legal. In America where I live, flag burning is legal, but of course it pisses off some people. I read about a teacher who gave his students extra credit for burning the flag, just for the sake of exercising their rights.

Personally, I think you should focus on buying a new PS2. PS3s are crap. They glitch all the time, and from what I hear, they don't have backwards compatibility. They still produce PS2s too. They even still make PS2 games. Personally, I always thought the PS2 was an absolute perfect. The slim one I have is and always has been a loyal servant.

First of all, no, it IS illegal to burn the U.S. Flag here in the U.S. 

Secondly, PS3s are backwards compatible for PSX games, which is one reason why I want one (the other is that I want to keep up with the next generation Final Fantasies). Sure, only the 60 and 80 GB are backwards compatible with PS2 games, but I never said my PS2 doesn't play PS2 games, now did I? =P

Taiki

Quote from: Star on April 17, 2008, 05:11:24 PM

First of all, no, it IS illegal to burn the U.S. Flag here in the U.S. 

Secondly, PS3s are backwards compatible for PSX games, which is one reason why I want one (the other is that I want to keep up with the next generation Final Fantasies). Sure, only the 60 and 80 GB are backwards compatible with PS2 games, but I never said my PS2 doesn't play PS2 games, now did I? =P

Oh, I get it now. But I still don't feel comfortable sending cash for such a high-priced item of the leisure variety.

However, on wikipedia I read,
"On June 27, 2006, the most recent attempt to pass a ban on flag burning was rejected by the Senate in a close vote of 66 in favor, 34 opposed, one vote short of the two-thirds majority needed to send the amendment to be voted on by the states."

As much as I respect your authority and wisdom, I do believe this is "checkmate", sir. (And I SUCK at chess.)  ;) So get outside, and set ablaze those stars and stripes!

FallenStar

Quote from: Taiki Saruwatari on April 17, 2008, 05:18:39 PM

Oh, I get it now. But I still don't feel comfortable sending cash for such a high-priced item of the leisure variety.

However, on wikipedia I read,
"On June 27, 2006, the most recent attempt to pass a ban on flag burning was rejected by the Senate in a close vote of 66 in favor, 34 opposed, one vote short of the two-thirds majority needed to send the amendment to be voted on by the states."

As much as I respect your authority and wisdom, I do believe this is "checkmate", sir. (And I SUCK at chess.)  ;) So get outside, and set ablaze those stars and stripes!

Huh.  Last I heard it was illegal.  =/

Oh well...

FallenStar

Quote from: Taiki Saruwatari on April 17, 2008, 05:38:07 PM
So, is it just for the newer Final Fantasy games that you want a PS3? Or do some other games catch your attention too?
You sure do seem like a die-hard FF fan. I bet you have them all, don'tcha?

I've been a Final Fantasy fan for more than 15  years now. Every since around 1992, methinks.

I've already got  hard copies of nearly every numbered Final Fantasy since IV onward.

Lisk

AFAIK, PS3 had the same trouble with emulating S2 as PCs do: PS2's multi-chip structure. That's why PCSX2 runs much smoother on dual and quad core systems.

Anyway, back to the topic... in Soviet Russia, flag burns you (I wish that it would be a mere joke...)!

FallenStar

Quote from: B.u.S. on April 18, 2008, 05:08:02 AM
I'm aware the 80GB has software emulation, but why buy a PS3 to play PSX games when they play fine on the PS2? Unless you're either gonig to re-buy them online for the PS3 and play them that way, or they've become scratched and need to be played on a better console? 

Dude, first of all:

I want a PS3 for the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII in the first place.

Secondly, if my PS2 *did* play my PSX games, don't you think I'd be playing those classic Final Fantasies even right now?  >_>;

nagato

Ok. the 60 GB and the 20 GB PS3's have backwards compatibility with PS2 and PS1 games via the emotion engine. The 40 gB and 80 GB versions use an emulator.

Then you heard wrong I have a Ps3 and I have had it for about 1 year now and I have not experienced any glitches. and like I already said they do have backwards compatibility. 
"The fastest way to flush a rat out of its nest is with a little bit of carpet bombing." - Char "The Red Comet" Aznable

nagato

what do you mean by no good games? seriously come up with a list of good games on the wii and 360.
"The fastest way to flush a rat out of its nest is with a little bit of carpet bombing." - Char "The Red Comet" Aznable

MinaMurray

In my opinion, the top 5 games on Wii are SMG, Brawl, the new Fire Emblem, No More Heroes, and Super Paper Mario.

I'm not real familiar with X-Box, though.  Perhaps Halo, Rock Band, and Mass Effect rank highly?

FallenStar

Okay... this has gotten *waaaaaaaaaaaay* off topic.  This isn't a game-discussion topic. It's a:

TOKE JOPIC!!!!!!!!

and since we've gotten off the "joke" itself, it's time to close this.

TOPIC OVERCOME BY POISON AND ANNIHILATED!