New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

What do you love?

Started by TaintedLove, January 03, 2009, 09:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

I love the seas and everything related to them. Especially the endless blue world that lies beneath the surface where I can fly above the surreal landscapes so different from what I see in the world above. At least until I hit 50 atmospheres limit, that is. Can't wait for my next vacation T.T

AliasnameTO

I love romance. Everything in life is secondary to true love with another person. It gives my life purpose, knowing that I can improve the life of someone else and be rewarded for it by their returned affection.

TaintedLove

If I may amend that, everything is secondary to mutual true love in your life.  We all have different priorities.

I love spirituality.  It's a great feeling to be connected to cosmic stuff.  That's where my purpose comes from.

Phatman_Dover

Quote from: MaidThree on January 17, 2009, 12:46:57 PM
I love spirituality.  It's a great feeling to be connected to cosmic stuff.  That's where my purpose comes from.

Acid helps.

I love the smell of new Magic the Gathering cards.
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."

FallenStar

Oh, I have another one:

I love Serika and Phatman_Dover...  or, actually, I love to see them getting it on in their dresses.   :lol:

No, but seriously, I love Cho Chang and Harry Potter.  And even though he did so many bad things, I love Voldemort as a character and hate the idea of him being stuck as a stunted child.   :crying:

TaintedLove

Yo dawg I heard you like noun so we put noun in your noun so you can verb while you verb.  I have that thing as my iPhone background.

Star, how could you feel sympathy for Voldemort?

I love GTA IV, excellent game.  Shitty PC port, though.

FallenStar

Voldemort never had a chance to be anything but a loner, devote of love and empathy, raised only to think the worst and to fear the wrong things.

If he'd been raised in a happier home with two parents who'd loved him - if he'd had friends growing up instead of ordinary non-magical using humans - if he'd had the chance to just be a normal kid, then he wouldn't have turned out the way he did.

And regardless of who he was, what he did, and how he did it, IMO, NO ONE, not even Hitler himself deserves to live as the stunted child-form we see Voldemort as. To me, that is a punishment far beyond cruel - an almost "Voldemort-ish" punishment for the Lord of evil.

AliasnameTO

Quote from: Star on January 22, 2009, 10:52:40 PMAnd regardless of who he was, what he did, and how he did it, IMO, NO ONE, not even Hitler himself deserves to live as the stunted child-form we see Voldemort as. To me, that is a punishment far beyond cruel - an almost "Voldemort-ish" punishment for the Lord of evil.

For fear of turning this into a deep moral HP debate, hold up. XD It wasn't his "punishment" to exist as an ethereal baby-thing for eternity; he did it to himself via the Horcruxes and his decision to muck with the Elder Wand. His personality, as well as the environment were both involved in who he ended up being, so it's not entirely the fault of his upbringing that he was a feared mass-murderer and evil overlord.

I love forum debates.  :lol: They're an excellent way to judge character, thought process, and learn some language skills, all while arguing about fictional characters with online friends.

FallenStar

Quote from: AliasnameTO on January 23, 2009, 02:34:43 PM
For fear of turning this into a deep moral HP debate, hold up. XD It wasn't his "punishment" to exist as an ethereal baby-thing for eternity; he did it to himself via the Horcruxes and his decision to muck with the Elder Wand. His personality, as well as the environment were both involved in who he ended up being, so it's not entirely the fault of his upbringing that he was a feared mass-murderer and evil overlord.

I love forum debates.  :lol: They're an excellent way to judge character, thought process, and learn some language skills, all while arguing about fictional characters with online friends.

It *was* his punishment to end up like that; he had no idea that he would wind up that way. If he had known that he would end up that way, he would never have done what he did. He figured himself immortal and he had no one (outside of Dumbledore) to provide any level of order and balance.

This debate is going to end up the same way as any debate over why Mass Murderers do what they do and the answer is always the same;  a person's choices are determined by their personalities which are formed from their early years *and* their own viewpoints.

Hitler chose to blame Jews because, as a young man, Jews had thwarted his attempt to better himself. Other mass murderers shoot small animals for fun before they become mass murderers. Even the best of us still fails to control their anger, particularly if we don't have the structure and love we needed during our formative years.

Voldemort grew up in an orphanage and knew only contempt and neglect from those around him. He didn't have a mother who loved him or a father to be there for him. It's only natural that he turned out the way he did but if he'd had the love and support you or I had, then he wouldn't have ended up the way he did.

xDeathSoulx

Well, I love music. I couldn't live without it.
I also love thunderstorms, because they look awesome.
Finally, I love my girlfriend.
Let nothing meet the gaze of the Death Soul, for it will drain the spirit of anything it observes

Faust

Ah, where to start.
I love anime, (especially since I know my parents, nor my sister will ever bother to check what kind they are)
I love manga,
I also love music,
I love chrona from Soul eater,
I am addicted to soda,
I love this site,
And, the obvious, I love girls. ^^
I don't mind lightning, but I hate thunder.
Oh, and every rp character I make, whether they be for wetting Rps, or whatnot. ^^

Xakon

I love to see the moon when it gets darker in summer. It looks very beautiful.

butterman100

i love the rain
i love the internet and almost everything about it. (theres a few things i hate, mostly stuff to do with the chan that shall not be mentioned)
i love animegirldesp.org  :drool:
i love fresh baked goods
i love my 360
i love pretty much the entire world (except for the more stupid people we have the curse of having to deal with)
i love all you guys
Follow no road, but the one paved by your own hands.

takuya

I love my girlfriend.
I love anime and manga.
I love the internet.
And I'm starting to love this site.

Neil

I love fighting. I wished my life would be dedicated to fighting evil villains, saving the world and piloting giant kickass robots! I don't mind dying gracefully in a battlefield.

Oh, and I also love girls...
The world of Musubi is the ideal world for me. I get to do what I want, and that includes making girls desperate whenever I want.