New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

How long should a video be?

Started by luvpeeinggirls, March 13, 2008, 05:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvpeeinggirls

I'm going to upload a desperation/wetting video, but it's over an hour long. Should I cut it into parts?

FallenStar

Quote from: luvpeeinggirls on March 13, 2008, 05:47:02 PM
I'm going to upload a desperation/wetting video, but it's over an hour long. Should I cut it into parts?

It's a matter of file size.  I'd say split it and .rar each piece down to about 10 MB total, then upload each file separately under a folder.  I think that's the only way to do it and you might want to upload it to the forum, unless you want me to make a special folder for you in the downloads section...

luvpeeinggirls

FallenStar

Quote from: luvpeeinggirls on March 13, 2008, 06:26:49 PM
How do I upload to the forum?

During your post, you click on Additional Options and  you click on browse next to Attach.

I would ask, though, that you zip the files, as it seems that .rar isn't accepted (if I can fix that, I need to learn how) and the attachment size says 51200 KB... Not sure if I can make that bigger or not...

luvpeeinggirls

I'll probably get to it tomorrow or Saturday.

luvpeeinggirls

Actually, I may take longer than I thought. I'll still put it up, though. It's definitely worth watching.

Kyrieelleison

well it sounds worth it so i can wait
Are you sure that we are awake? It seems to me that yet we sleep, we dream.

FallenStar

Quote from: ixrulexthatxpuddle on March 28, 2008, 12:21:53 PM
You would have to find a middle ground. Not too long but not to short either. How about at least like 5-10 minutes maybe 15. I don't know really.

It's not the minutes that really matter here but the file size itself. For example, you can have a 30 minute video in RM format that's only about 40 MB whereas otherwise an avi of the same file would be 130 MB or an OGM would be 233 MB.

Again, I don't know how to make the file sizes larger here on the forum, but I do know that dreamhost gets upset if you try to upload more than 15 MB (based on my experiences with other forum on dreamhost)   :S 

KawaiiChew

I agree with the others who said that it depends on file size.
I'm willing to download a long vid, but not one who takes up a lot of space

luvpeeinggirls

I'm having some trouble working w/ Windows Movie Maker. I'll sort this out asap.

kairi

Do you have any experience with editing?  If you can cut out some of the filler and keep only the most important parts it would help to cut down on the size.  I've seen some videos that are so long I lose interest.

kamigawa

How is it going with the video? We haven't heard any news in a while  :crying:

luvpeeinggirls

Don't worry. The video's still going up, but there's been a bit of a change of plans. I've got A LOT of work that I have to do for school, which is why I haven't gotten to it yet. It will definately be up on or around May 3rd.

EDit: Sorry, but it's still not up. You know how school is.  Again, I apologize for the delay.

EDIT #2: OK, I had to completely restart my computer, so the file is gone now. I'll have to find and re-download it again.

paolobar2005

You mean that all the work you have done has been deleted, and you have to create it once again from scraps???????

Ah.... Well, I suppose this thread will be revived around next July, then. Too bad, it sounded like a good video.

kamigawa

Did you manage to find the original part of the video you were making before the crash? It seemed quite interesting, and we would like some news about it  :drool:

Thanks in advance for any info :D