New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

IRC Chan

Started by JackO, January 31, 2010, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackO

I'm pretty sure there was a thread to this effect before, but this is more shameless advertising than the previous one.

I'm not sure whether people don't know about the IRC Chat feature of this forum, or whether people just don't use it...but I'd like to try and get more people to use it.

For anyone who doesn't know (I can say that I didn't know until I tried it, so there may be others), the IRC Chat is a Instant Relay Chatroom, where members of this site can go to talk to other members. There is usually someone in the Chatroom (well at least in the evening/afternoons British and American time).

For those who do know about it, but don't go to it for whatever reason, all i can say is that there's generally people in there, and we have some great conversation, so why not come along? :D

Anyway, there we go, that was my attempt to get more people to the IRC  :lol:

EDIT: If anything here is incorrect, feel free to correct me.

Kosetsu

More people should join, we could have lots of fun. It's lonely right now in it :(

redeker

I don't see anyone chatting when I check it... If people were there I'd be more liable to join.
All the crazy monkeys
are playing a game that will never end,
caught up in a never-ending "Banana Roulette."

JackO

Quote from: redeker on January 31, 2010, 02:36:20 PM
I don't see anyone chatting when I check it... If people were there I'd be more liable to join.

When do you check it? Obviously people won't be on 24 hours a day, but if anyone had checked it this weekend, there'd have been someone there 70-80% of the time.

Maybe its your timezone or something. If you drop in now, there are people in there. :/

redeker

Quote from: WackOJackO on January 31, 2010, 02:38:03 PM

When do you check it? Obviously people won't be on 24 hours a day, but if anyone had checked it this weekend, there'd have been someone there 70-80% of the time.

Maybe its your timezone or something. If you drop in now, there are people in there. :/

Well, I'm in NY, so I'm GMT -8:00... I know that most people here are in the US, and I log in around 5:00-7:00 P.M.... And I never see any traffic on there...
All the crazy monkeys
are playing a game that will never end,
caught up in a never-ending "Banana Roulette."

JackO

Quote from: redeker on January 31, 2010, 02:40:29 PM
Quote from: WackOJackO on January 31, 2010, 02:38:03 PM

Well, I'm in NY, so I'm GMT -8:00... I know that most people here are in the US, and I log in around 5:00-7:00 P.M.... And I never see any traffic on there...

Well, you should theoretically catch at least me there, if not others...but we'll see :D