New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Accident or choice?

Started by Serika, November 08, 2009, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serika

I've been thinking about this lately. If you're bursting in public and it can't wait another second, would refusal to take your pants/panties off and pee on the floor still be an accidental wetting? Maybe some people would see it as the person choosing to wet her pants rather than expose herself to the public. Below is an example of a situation that could be taken either way.

A woman is driving home from work and is absolutely bursting. The toilets at her office were locked due to a broken pipe and she's been holding it for hours. The plan was to drive home and use her own bathroom, but there has been a car crash and the traffic is backed up. The cars in front and behind prevent her from turning around and driving anywhere else.

Time passes but the traffic doesn't move. She can't hold it any longer and is already starting to spurt, but if she were to take off her panties she could get out of the car and pee on the road. There is no other way out, she can't walk through traffic because it's too dangerous and there are no empty containers.

If this person is too embarrassed to pee on the ground and holds it in until her bladder automatically empties, is she choosing to pee her pants?
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

LivingInfinite

It would register to me as an accident if and only if she wasn't making a conscious decision to start peeing in her pants instead of on the street. In this case I think the only way it could be completely unintentional is if she were still debating whether or not she wanted to do it on the street when she lost control.

When I say I prefer accidents though, I'm really saying I prefer the girl to not be urinating herself just for her own amusement or sexual gratification. I think that goes for most of us who are into accidents. So even if a girl releases intentionally in an impossible situation (like being tied up or whatever) I think that would still satisfy us.

anime lover

if the woman (or guy) has the options (whether there good options or not, is a moot point), but doesn't choose to take them, then IMO, at least on some degree, their choosing to wet themselves

Total Projects: 434
Latest Project: The Geelien's 5-4
Current Project: NONE

drw001

In my mind, the accident part implies that she was still actively trying to hold it
in when it came out.  If she's still wearing her panties when that happens, I'd
count it as an accidental wetting.

I guess I don't buy the argument about making the last minute choice not to
expose herself as being particularly realistic.  In my experience, she doesn't KNOW
that last spasm will be the one to result in a wetting - maybe she has an inkling
that she can't last more than a minute or so, but until she leaks, she doesn't
know exactly how long - there's no countdown timer attached to her
abdomen.

The choice she makes is NOT between dropping her panties and wetting them.
It's between exposing herself and holding out for just a few more seconds in case
some better option comes along ... she doesn't know she absolutely can't hold it
until it's WAY too late.

So I'd say in the vast majority of cases where she doesn't WANT to wet herself,
the wetting is accidental ... not because she chose the wetting option over the
disrobing option, but because she thought there was a third option to wait just
a little longer, and she was wrong.

drw

Iku Nagae

I say its choice because she is choosing not to expose herself in public. I'd rather choose to wet myself then to expose myself in public.
Quote from: drw001 on November 08, 2009, 11:06:49 PM
In my mind, the accident part implies that she was still actively trying to hold it
in when it came out.
That's what I consider an accidental wetting.

Serika

Quote from: drw001 on November 08, 2009, 11:06:49 PM
In my experience, she doesn't KNOW that last spasm will be the one to result in a wetting - there's no countdown timer attached to her abdomen.

she thought there was a third option to wait just a little longer, and she was wrong.

I like this explanation. I guess i didn't want to give up on the idea of "loss of control" in the first place, and this allows for it in normal conditions.

Intimidation is another factor to consider here. It's when schoolgirls (possibly adult women in strict work environments?) don't ask to use the bathroom even when bursting. Even if the teacher might let her go, the fear of making him mad or the other students teasing her prevents her from speaking up. It could be the girl's intention to ask to use the bathroom, but she hesitates out of nervousness until it's too late. In this case i would say it's an accident because fear prevented her from making any choice at all.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

drw001

Yeah - I think this is what really happens in most wettings - you
can't really tell exactly when you're going to lose control, and
hope springs eternal.

It's not like most girls hold and wet often enough to be really
familiar with exactly when they're likely to actually succumb to the
urge.

I'd wager that most girls will full bladders would think that they could
hold out another 10 seconds ... but probably not another 10 minutes,
in a wide variety of actual situations.  In reality it depends on a lot of things
like posture, distractions, bladder sensitivity and filling rate.

As to the role of "intimidation" and "fear" - I guess I'd say these sorts of things
play a big part in leading to situations where wetting happens, but I would not
use quite so strong terms.  In my mind, it's more a case of shyness than a dynamic
of intimidation.

At a certain age, many people develop a reluctance to even admit that they
actually perform the act of urination, much less bring up even an urgent need
in mixed company.  It's almost a sign of weakness.  As the urge grows stronger,
the embarrassment about it grows stronger as well ... and the temptation is
to not mention it just yet ... maybe it will decrease in another moment or two,
or an opportunity to excuse oneself might come up.

Even as adults, this seems to be fairly common - I can't tell you how many times
I've witnessed squirming and surreptitious holding that appears to simply have
been the result an extreme reluctance to bring up the subject, even among fairly
close friends.

I do believe that the key here is her inability to predict loss of control exactly - if at
any time it was exceptionally clear that the choice was wet or speak, wet or expose, 
or something similar, she might make a decision ... but otherwise desperate procrastination
comes much more naturally.

drw

dllee

sounds like an accident to me. It is likely she thought she would make it eventually.
Now if only I was in the car with her (;

Basil1

I say number one because number two i not an option.

burstingbadly

i guess i prefer accident. i love the fact that they had to hang on till bursting point then release against there will after a long battle :)

AliasnameTO

Although it can't be boiled down so far as whether it's accidental or voluntary, I voted the second one. The act of peeing on the floor is always an option. Nothing is literally stopping you from doing it should you so choose; it's the consequences that would get you, such as embarrassment or even arrest for indecent exposure.

Accidents are possible though because people overshoot how long they can actually hold it. Nobody is certain of the exact second they'll give in, so they try to hang on until they get to a toilet. Adding to the above point, you can't be arrested if you wet yourself as opposed to opening your pants and popping a squat.

MisterPapaya

I'd say that since public urination is generally illegal, most of the time popping a squat isn't an option, so I'd say it's an accident.

Ameboes

Like a few others, I'd say that, since the person isn't so much choosing to wet themselves as to try and hold it out, it's still an accident. Even if they consciously let go, they were forced to make a lesser-of-two-evils decision; since they had no better alternative, I'd still call it an accident. If their whole desperation was planned out in advance, including wetting, then it's debatable; I'd say that the desperation is real enough to consider the wetting an 'accident', even if the whole situation was intentional.

I guess my criterion for an accidental wetting is just real pee desperation, then.

siriuspkit

The person who holds it is choosing to "hold it". They know the concequences of holding it but attempt to avoid them at all costs. In my opinion, wetting is the loss of a gamble (If they were trying to hold it) and is the same as losing money at black jack. Its not a choice but an accepted concequence when choosing between the options of holding or peeing on the floor. :S

thunder7102

I MUCH would prefer to see a true accident. I would consider this situation an accident. My basic definition of accident is if they under normal circumstances would have wet their pants. Because she did not want people to see her in the road, she tried to hold it. So therefore, she tried and accidentally, wet herself.