New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Safety when holding.

Started by GN54, November 02, 2008, 07:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN54

Well, I've searched online but all I can find are "don't hold it because if you do even once you'll get a UTI and die" responses. So, what are safety precautions when holding? What's safe to drink, how often can I do it, and how long should it be held? I have large amounts of Iced Tea at my disposal so is that good? And is once a week too much?
Always wear socks to prevent the spread of FTDs.

FallenStar

Anyone who says that holding it causes UTI really needs to go back to anatomy class.  >_>;

Holding it in will *not* give you a UTI.  Your body is designed to be able to hold a certain amount and to hold until your brain deems it a good time. Now, of course, if you try to hold it beyond your physical endurance, you'll just wind up peeing.  No UTI at all.

You do *not* want to overload on water, however;  try drinking tea/sports drinks... anything with juice in it is good.  Gatorade is especially good.

Serika

A UTI would be caused by bacteria. Urine inside the bladder *should* be sterile until it leaves the body. Besides, you can treat a UTI with antibiotics or cranberry tablets and drinking plenty of water. I can't see it killing you unless you do nothing about it. :S
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

megafobia

I read about that woman who died on a radio show 'hold your pee for a Wii'. But that was from overloading on water, not from holding too much pee.

megafobia

Quote from: B.u.S. on November 03, 2008, 08:26:34 AM

True. I like to eat some bread or have something small to eat before drinking to hold, so I don't mess up my bloodstream so much. Also, drink only a few pints. Most I've ever drunk for a hold was FOUR LITRES and NONE of it came through. I got lucky that day :P

I never drink lots on purpose just to hold it later on. I just hold when i need to pee naturally :)
Not that i do this very often...

FallenStar

Quote from: megafobia on November 03, 2008, 08:13:31 AM
I read about that woman who died on a radio show 'hold your pee for a Wii'. But that was from overloading on water, not from holding too much pee.

Yes, that was what I was referring to in my first post in this topic.  Drinking too much water can kill you and those people who set up that contest really scared the hell out of FD'ists because of it.    :crying:

Also:  I was never breast-fed as a baby *and* I have teh diabetes...   :crying:

Merchant_Of_Death

a radio show 'hold your pee for a Wii'.
Why didn't they air the show on tv?

megafobia

Quote from: Merchant_Of_Death on November 05, 2008, 02:07:35 PM

Radio shows never get shown on t.v, i'd love to have been listening to it though :P
(i mean the desperation part, not the woman dying)

Serika

Quote from: megafobiaRadio shows never get shown on t.v, i'd love to have been listening to it though :P
(i mean the desperation part, not the woman dying)

It's really just as safe as any other sport as long as you know what you're doing. If anything, holding contests should be regulated like the olympics. We could have a women's national hold-it team complete with professional trainers and nurses standing by as a safety precaution.

:drool:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

Quote from: Merchant_Of_Death on November 05, 2008, 02:07:35 PM
a radio show 'hold your pee for a Wii'.

Well, DUH... 'cause you can't show a woman being desperate on TV unless you want to get sued for copyright infringement by "Desperate Housewifes"   =P

js93612

Yes, the theory of spontanious generation was blown away by science years ago.  It applies to bacteria.

I have heard that forcing yourself to hold too long can result in urine reflux into the kidneys which *can* kill you.  However, I don't think that's true either.  I myself have a super strong bladder, and I can hold on until it physically hurts, and then indefinately after that.  I've always worried about causing damage, but I found a solution in catnip.  Sounds weird, I know, but catnip (which I consume via a tea) is a diuretic, and causes bladder spasms.  I can attest to this, as I have tried it on myself and it does work.  It's not some super cure for bladder control, or anything.  It just makes it impossible to hold as long as you would normally be able to, and encourages a for real accident.  Okay, it's not really an accident if you planned it, but you get my point.

Hope that helps!

megafobia

Quote from: Serika on November 05, 2008, 03:50:27 PM
It's really just as safe as any other sport as long as you know what you're doing. If anything, holding contests should be regulated like the olympics. We could have a women's national hold-it team complete with professional trainers and nurses standing by as a safety precaution.

Haha, now that would be worth watching!   :drool: :drool:
I suppose Japan would win...

FallenStar

Quote from: megafobia on November 06, 2008, 01:28:20 PM

Haha, now that would be worth watching!   :drool: :drool:
I suppose Japan would win...

Just imagine if it was in swimsuits.   You'd have a girl in an American flag swimsuit, a girl in a Japanese-named swimsuit and...    :drool:

megafobia

Quote from: Star on November 06, 2008, 03:30:09 PM
Just imagine if it was in swimsuits.   You'd have a girl in an American flag swimsuit, a girl in a Japanese-named swimsuit and...    :drool:

They have to run long distance, while holding bursting bladders :P

Someone needs to make a fic about this...

...any volunteers?
;)

master800

I remenber that on youtube they were japanese holding tournament videos,but they got removed  :S