News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Taco bell seems to take an awful lot of public bashing. Why is this?

Started by Mighty Oracle, January 22, 2011, 09:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mighty Oracle

I see it all the time, yet I like the place.

Serika

Do you have an example? I only ask because i have not noticed this.

I like their food too, mainly just the beef chalupa. Surely Taco Bell is no worse than any other fast food place.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Mighty Oracle

Quote from: Serika on January 22, 2011, 09:54:23 PM
Do you have an example? I only ask because i have not noticed this.

I have only anecdotes. I see it quite frequently from people online.

Starman

All of my friends love Taco Bell. Personally, I haven't heard any bashing. I'm not in LOVE with the place, but it plays its role quite well...Just tired of hearing all the stoner/stoneresque stereotypes. Sadly, I've seen quite a few true cases :/

oramisho

there was a recent wave of discussions on forums lately about people discovereiing that the meat they put in their tacos has only 35% of it actually containing beef.

Serika

Quote from: oramisho on January 27, 2011, 12:31:27 PM
there was a recent wave of discussions on forums lately about people discovering that the meat they put in their tacos has only 35% of it actually containing beef.

Speaking of which, it looks like that hit a nerve with the Taco Bell executives. They posted part of their recipe, which claims to have 88% real beef, and have threatened a counter suit for defamation against whoever sued them for false advertising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12315127

jlg77

I used to work at Taco Bell. Sometimes the food would get spit in. Enough said.

FallenStar

Quote from: jlg77 on February 03, 2011, 12:38:21 AM
I used to work at Taco Bell. Sometimes the food would get spit in. Enough said.

Unfortunately, this is not a problem solely related to Taco Bell. There's a lot of fast food and even general upscale restaurants where that happens. Sometimes, it's even worse - I saw a video once of a guy wiping his... er... manhood on a pizza crust before putting it back on the burner.   :death:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Serika

Quote from: FallenStar on February 03, 2011, 12:52:37 AM
I saw a video once of a guy wiping his... er... manhood on a pizza crust before putting it back on the burner.   :death:
Hey, i didn't order this pizza with DICK cheese! :lol: