News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

My ex-girlfriend has sunken to a new low.

Started by lie2hacker2, July 19, 2010, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lie2hacker2

Well, my ex-girlfriend has managed to lower my self-esteem, even after I've already moved on. She now says she finds me repulsive and she says to me that I cannot be forgiven, even though I've forgiven her for constantly lying to me and cheating on me before we broke up. I've forgiven her new boyfriend which she was with while we were still in a relationship, but she still holds a grudge, even though she has hurt me more than I have hurt her.
After she broke up with me, I learned a lot from the experience. She, however, learned nothing and she even said so.
For the longest time after we split up, I was extremely mad at her and her new boyfriend and she tried on many occasions, to befriend me. But now, I have forgiven her and what is now in the past. While she is elusive in saying if she wants to be my friend or not, she is showing how she really feels by making excuses to avoid me. She doesn't seem sensable... It almost seems pitiful.

She says it isn't in her personality to EVER forgive someone, regardless of the event. She says she just accepts that as part of her personality. I fail to find the maturity in this so called woman.
If you ask me, I doubt the relationship she has with her new boyfriend will last past 2 years, 3 years tops.
... Any kind of image she has of me sexually now just gives her the creeps, while 2 years ago she was telling me that I was the love of her life.

JackO

Whilst you are free to disagree with me, I think it sounds like you should move on totally...I'm talking blocking all contact with her etc., because you've said that

1) She has a new boyfriend
2) She cheated on you
3) She hurt you
4) She learned nothing from the break up, and even said so
5) She may not even want to be friends
6) She says she can never forgive you/anyone.
7) Her sexual image of you gives her the creeps

So, what are you hoping for? Friendship won't be easy if she can't forgive you, and as you said she may not even want it, and anything more...well she has a boyfriend, cheated on you and hurt you before, and has a bad sexual image of you...

So, I don't personally think there's any point in trying to even be friends with her, and it'll be a whole lot easier to move on if you just blank her, everywhere. It'd be easier to start from scratch with another friend, or a new female than to try and repair things with her.

FallenStar

The only person that can lower your self-esteem is yourself. Things a loud-mouthed idiot who is determined to hurt you at all costs should not make you feel worthless or somehow less of a man.

My advice wouldst be the same as everyone else's - Move on and leave her to the winds of fate.

Welp... I'm fucked...

Serika

My advice would be to troll her. Next time she starts talking about how she can't forgive you, you should give her a BIG grin and say "U mad?" :lol:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Newp

Quote from: Serika on July 20, 2010, 10:09:30 AM
My advice would be to troll her. Next time she starts talking about how she can't forgive you, you should give her a BIG grin and say "U mad?" :lol:

This. IRL trolling is perfectly acceptable for this situation.

Mighty Oracle

To echo the majority: forget about her. She has clearly forsaken you, and is clearly not very good with people.

redeker

Sounds like she has trouble communicating her feelings (insecurity?), or even possibly acting out a defense mechanism (probably distortion, from the way she's blaming you). Like the general consensus, you should move on.

If I were you, though, I'd try to resolve this with her, including her boyfriend (let him know you want to move on and wish them a good relationship). I try to end relationships on a positive or neutral note. 
All the crazy monkeys
are playing a game that will never end,
caught up in a never-ending "Banana Roulette."

Faust

Stab the bi.....
oh wait, legality and stuff.

I say for one, you drop the bitch like a bad habit, from what I heard.
And if she tries to make up/talk to you, put on some glasses and go 'WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!!!!'

sorry, Gurren langen...
Though I still say you should move on, and ignore her completely, unless you're trolling her.

Yog-Sothoth

People are overrated.
Just stay with your internet friends like us. :3
QuoteChuck Wurley: Finally, do you have any advice for our readers?

Jack Terricloth: "Yeah, sure. Try to be pleasant to each other, get out of the house in the evening, make time to read a good book now and then, depose your government when it suspends the free press, remember having fun is better for you than having money, oh and employ diplomatic means wherever possible to avoid violence." Rule number one of the cosmos is that "unlikely things do happen". Cheers, and thanks!

lie2hacker2

I've moved on from the relationship, but part of me doesn't want to let her go completely. But since she can't say anything nice about me anymore, I don't see a point.
Perhaps I should stab the bitch... Oh wait... Nevermind.

Faust

Quote from: lie2hacker2 on July 22, 2010, 12:53:49 PM
I've moved on from the relationship, but part of me doesn't want to let her go completely. But since she can't say anything nice about me anymore, I don't see a point.
Perhaps I should stab the bitch... Oh wait... Nevermind.
Do IT!!
Stab her with a spoon!
cut her heart out with a Carrot!!
XP
I mean [deadpan]No, don't do that. That would be wrong.[/deadpan]

lie2hacker2

Great, now things got even worse.
I have to explain a bit on this one.

There is this other forum that I posted this same discussion topic on. The thing is, I've been a member of this forum for 3 years. Well, the thing is my ex-girlfriend uses it as well and she responded, this time making me look like the bad guy. Some things she said were true, some things were false, and last night when I made a post to try and defend my dignity it somehow got me banned this morning and I don't even know why. Although, I could be wrong and I got banned for some other reason, but I never even got a warning so I don't know what I did wrong. The oddest thing was that I was in the middle of checking the rest of the forums when it happened. I was checking other topics and when I clicked on something I just got kicked out and all it displayed was a message stating that I was permanently banned.
Almost always a warning is issued before a person gets banned on this forum, but for some reason I just got a straight out ban.

The only reason I am posting this in this topic about it is because it seems most likely linked to this issue. Just one unfortunate event made another.
And on top of that, 3 days ago my last shot at getting a summer job failed on me and I watched as my ex-girlfriend got one instead.

You know... So far this summer has totally sucked for me.  :crying:

JackO

Well dude, I hope that you've got a way of contacting someone (the higher up the better, probably) on that forum, who isn't your ex...if so...just politely ask them to investigate as to why you were banned.

Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to post this thread on a site you were aware that your ex frequents, but that's not really relevant now it's done...

Sorry to hear about your lack of summer job and I hope things perk up soon. Stiff upper lip...would be my advice to you, as the British way of dealing with anything.

Serika

You still have this forum at least. We won't ban you for stuff that happens irl.

All i can really say is to just leave her alone. If she can convince others that you're the bad guy then it is going to cost you every time you have an argument, especially in front of people. Stay back and watch her self destruct instead. If she's as bad as you say then it shouldn't take too long.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.