New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Community RPG Project Idea

Started by Rainyday, January 30, 2013, 01:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnragedFilia

A time-traveling alien/ghost/evil spirit/energy bieng/whatever kind of monster is seeking out girls in danger of having accidents and trying to subtly push them over the edge so it can feed on their embarrassment and shame. Our time-traveling heroes have to stop the monster from damaging the time stream, but they can't make major changes to history themselves without causing even worse problems. Instead, they have to possess various people (Quantum Leap style or something) and subtly manipulate events to prevent or at least minimize the damage. Sometimes this is easy (someone is possessed and locks a bathroom door, so the player simply possesses someone else and unlocks it) but other times the unforeseen consequences of preventing one accident end up causing two more, and the player is forced to puzzle out a solution that lets everyone escape embarrassment.

The time travel and possession premise allows for plenty of different "missions" with all sorts of characters and settings. Some editors could add quick and simple bits of content, others could spend more effort on longer and more complicated scenarios, even with wildly different tone, and the game would remain playable while additional parts are being worked on.

Rainyday

Why did the thread die ;_;
I will revive it.

If we want ideas then this is an old setting I worked on a bit before the Aquarius demo was released, and I'm a very whimsical person and this recently caught my attention again so it might be something to gauge interest in.

All art was drawn a while ago so if this gets set in motion it could definitely afford a redraw or at least a few corrections.

It's a game made in RPG Maker VX Ace that's sort of a cross between Bunka Taiken and Melissa Explains it All, and I guess it has a similar mood to Shikkin Adventure.

You play as this schoolgirl, Emily Lime:

And the scenario is that it's the day of a long-awaited first date with a cool, friendly and handsome classmate that she's been attracted to for a while:

(Will need a redraw ;_;)

You can choose a number of places like the park, the shopping mall, the aquarium, normal walking around town, a cafe, the cinema, the amusement park, etc etc
Emily's goal is to have fun and enjoy her date and make a good impression.
The player's goal is to try and discover all the different desperation/omo/peeing scenes in all the different circumstances and places.
Of course, she's too shy to tell her crush when she needs to go, and when it gets bad enough she might find herself in a situation where there's no bathroom around.
There are ways she could relieve herself or even have an accident without the guy catching on, but if she wets herself in front of him then she runs off and the date is over and the day resets back to its start.

Even though it has a resetting format, there will be a lot of interesting timing challenges that you'll need several tries and some exploration to get right:
Example: If in the morning she goes to the park and finds a lost purse there, and meets its owner in a certain cafe for brunch and returns it, then later in the amusement park in the afternoon the owner will repay the favor with the keys to the locked toilet or something. (Of course, Emily finds out the toilet was locked for a very good reason, but that's not the owner's fault.)

There will also be some unlockable items that carry over from previous runs and allow Emily to do new things.

Eventually, after a chain of unlocking certain key events there's actually an ending for the game that I have in mind, but at its core it's an open world setting and people can add events wherever they want.

Now, this would be the rough format of how development would go:
-I already have half of a rough engine built from last year, and I'll mostly be able to handle the game system.

-This was never intended to be something with colored pictures, so I can do the art fast. If anyone wants to color them or contribute art then they're also free to do so.
-What everyone will mostly be doing is using RPG Maker VX Ace to create locations and maps (I've got a decent amount of tilesets for a lot of locations) and most importantly to write the events. The more events, the merrier.
As I've mentioned, RPG maker is really easy to pick up, so it won't be hard to learn.

-Since I'm working on both Aquarius and Lillica Quest and other stuff, this isn't something I should dedicate a lot of my time to, so it would mostly be relying on others (I would want to write a few scenes though)
-I could also be a sort of central quality control that takes everyone's work and assimilates it into one thing, since it won't be that hard. A dropbox or SVN repository might work as well but will still need some coordination.

-Similar to VH I don't think it's a project that people should wait on - if progress is going well then we'll release updated versions once a week or so.

SHORT SUMMARY:
-Game about a cute girl on a date
-Everyone can add in their own locations and scenes
-I can do the game system (which is already half-done anyway) and the main character art
-We will have a community-produced omorashi RPG in continual production

What do people think?
Would you be interested?
How much do you see yourself contributing? (If you answer this question it will not be a commitment and I won't hold you to it)

(PS: Crossposting to omorashi.org to see if there's interest there as well)

Alsz9

So I gave this RPG Maker thing a try and this is the result of ~12 hours work. :clap:

Drying

Sorry for not responding, but due to unforeseen circumstances I have very limited internet access at the moment.

That being said, Rainyday, that looks awesome!
I'm not particularly fond of the plot, but a resetting style game is cool and the art looks great =)

Alsz9

RPG Maker VX Ace is currently 50% off in the steam summer sale. Might get even cheaper.

That said: Is this still a thing?

Rainyday

Quote from: Alsz9 on July 11, 2013, 02:30:50 PM
RPG Maker VX Ace is currently 50% off in the steam summer sale. Might get even cheaper.

That said: Is this still a thing?

This is still a thing, I've got a very basic skeleton framework of it up and in a dropbox folder I can share if anyone interested has an account: progress has been slow though since I've been busy and focusing priority on Aquarius lately.

That being said, it's not like we're ever going to be selling the game so if your moral qualms about it are significantly low you might as well just pirate VX Ace

Rainyday