Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

Quote from: Newp on June 29, 2014, 05:17:14 PM
I've done a full play through of Wetters Taiken, without cheats, at least 10+ times and have easily 200+ hours of gameplay sunk into it... yeah...

20 hours per playthrough

More than most modern AAA games can offer ^_^

MKFan200

While on the internets, I found this game.

http://www.freem.ne.jp/win/game/7075

It's basically a memory game. Kinda neat...the animations are really good too.

tenck5k

Quote from: MKFan200 on July 07, 2014, 06:25:50 PM

I'm a bit confused by the last game, since I can't grab the kanji and take my time deciphering them...anyone a bit more proficient mind filling me in? Or rather, tell me what the different prompts in game mean so I can figure out why I'm screwing them up Q_Q

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

Rainyday

Quote from: tenck5k on July 08, 2014, 08:39:05 PM
Quote from: MKFan200 on July 07, 2014, 06:25:50 PM

I'm a bit confused by the last game, since I can't grab the kanji and take my time deciphering them...anyone a bit more proficient mind filling me in? Or rather, tell me what the different prompts in game mean so I can figure out why I'm screwing them up Q_Q

I threw this together in five minutes
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dffitzcss3yi9r1/Game.rgss3a

Replace the original file and it'll translate the lines in the third game.

Also, so cutteeeee
What a great find, MKFan

(Also you unlock all the CGs by:
-Completing everything to stage 10
-Completing everything to stage 20
-Getting a game over in all three in reverse mode)
(Reverse mode is just as hard to fail as normal mode is to succeed: for 1st and 3rd you have to deliberately get everything wrong, for 2nd you still have to answer the questions correctly but you need to time the delays properly)

EnragedFilia

If you'd like the linguistic understanding for its own sake, the basics of it are:
右手 = right hand
左手 = left hand
押 = hold (literally press or push, but it's used for the concept of 'holding oneself')
離 = release (even though the font makes the whole left half of the character just look like a big black blotch)
ない = negation

so the prompt "左手押して" means "left hand hold", while "右手離しない" means "right hand do not release" (which is of course functionally equivalent to "right hand hold", but apparently has to be separate just to screw with our gaijin-level minimal reading comprehension). And of course you use left to toggle the position of the left hand and right to toggle the position of the right hand. The position of the hand not indicated by the prompt seems to be irrelevant.

tenck5k

Quote from: EnragedFilia on July 09, 2014, 01:56:40 AM

If you'd like the linguistic understanding for its own sake, the basics of it are:
右手 = right hand
左手 = left hand
押 = hold (literally press or push, but it's used for the concept of 'holding oneself')
離 = release (even though the font makes the whole left half of the character just look like a big black blotch)
ない = negation

so the prompt "左手押して" means "left hand hold", while "右手離しない" means "right hand do not release" (which is of course functionally equivalent to "right hand hold", but apparently has to be separate just to screw with our gaijin-level minimal reading comprehension). And of course you use left to toggle the position of the left hand and right to toggle the position of the right hand. The position of the hand not indicated by the prompt seems to be irrelevant.

alright that helped quite a bit. the black blotch kanji was illegible...thanks!

EDIT:

Quote from: Rainyday on July 09, 2014, 12:23:57 AM

(Reverse mode is just as hard to fail as normal mode is to succeed: for 1st and 3rd you have to deliberately get everything wrong, for 2nd you still have to answer the questions correctly but you need to time the delays properly)

I'm not sure I follow on game 2. What do you mean by time the delays properly? Sorry >_<

EDIT2: Ok I see it now. Answer correctly, but watch bar, and answer when it starts going down instead of up.

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

MKFan200

Franklin

I've done a full play through of Wetters Taiken, without cheats, at least 10+ times and have easily 200+ hours of gameplay sunk into it... yeah...
I've more or less 100%'ed the game (I may have missed one or two titles) at least three times, both with and without cheats. Where did 666-san go? ;_;

Quote from: MKFan200 on July 12, 2014, 03:57:02 PM
Someone on Pixiv is working on another desperation game.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=44655986
Are we entering the omogame revival? I surely hope so.

Jackkosa

Tried out the minigame collection. Pretty fun. Although the second game can be easily cheated because the game pauses when you click out of the screen. Thanks Rainy for the translation on the third minigame.

Its nice to have these shorter games around when you don't have much time to play these.

eSPeWe

is anybody here interested to have some work for this game :
https://omorashi.org/files/file/2023-trial-of-circle-wc-game/

it has been left untranslated and no one can play this game properly
would you mind to translate this "lovely" game? :D

Rainyday

So this came out to day, by the dev of Nyo Time:
http://ux.getuploader.com/omogame/download/44/OMO+Sister%EF%BD%93.7z

Lisk and I still can't figure out how to get the true end.

Highlight to see what we've discovered so far:

Gameplay:

-Extra 1000 yen hidden in the magazine in your room
-You must give her the cookie in the car earlier for her to drink coffee when you offer it next time
-If you buy the music card+coffee+orange juice from the store, the bathroom gets locked when you visit it later
-Talk to the waitress before imouto to find out about the Tantanmen noodles which are extra spicy
-Get the drunk guy to fall asleep in the bathroom, etc

Endings we've found so far:

-restaurant bathroom ending: the worst
-If you avoid that but don't do anything else, you get the 77% ending
-Give her the coffee but not the tantanmen for the 86% ending where there's a very minor clash in the house hallway before she uses the bathroom
-Give her the spicy noodles but not the coffee for the nice 99% barely-made-it ending
-Spicy noodles+Coffee makes her go to the convenience store, ends there unless you bought the earlier mentioned combination
-If the store bathroom is also locked then you get the 112% ending which is cool but still counts as a bad end

I suspect that the true ending involves doing something in one playthrough to unlock a new choice in the next one, but we've tried a bunch of stuff to no real avail.

Newp

Thats essentially as far as I've gotten. I've even broken down and gone looking through the game files. I've found plenty of ways to win with the second sister.... but I have yet to find a single winning route with the first. It's rather frustrating.

Rainyday

Thanks to a bit of Newp's help I've solved it.

That was a pretty evil requirement to set.

The hint that was given by the japan discussion:
"first try to set everything up, then on the second round you will get an omo scene"

I think single-mindedness is the key to applying this hint, in a sense.

By 'set everything up', keep in mind that this is a story about both the sisters, and you want to develop them equally in a way.

(Note: Talking to the other sister in the living room doesn't affect anything for the 'set everything up' bit)

Extra hint: Choices in the car are important, but the important bit that we keep missing is a certain choice in the cafe.

Also Lisk I think I consider this my victory on the maid thing.

Lisk

But Rainyday. You've made it even more confusing. I don't understand what to do ;_;.

Newp

Oh my god... that answer... so obvious....  thanks for the hint Rainy, lol. For an omo game, though, that flag is positively EVIL!
Endings I've found:

- Wetting in your house at 130%, in which the ghost shows up and you get the true end.
- You can follow her to the back in the park and watch her wet herself there