* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drying

Glad it works.
Here's a more decent version.
Spent a bit of time cleaning up, so no longer is it abusing Python mechanics to get stuff done.
It actually uses the pointers and lengths in the file now to determine what area to extract.
Still works the same, but some error checks were added and useless crap is no longer written to the .txt file.

extract.py: http://pastebin.com/ktDSVxcM
inject.py: http://pastebin.com/QnufvuaV

Lisk

Okay, so Aoi Kurage's yet unnamed Hamuko-chan game was pushed back at least to december, and there's some unsettling news from TinFoil's kickstarter as well. Saddening news indeed, but it can't be helped. What else do we still have? Some new screenshots from the upcoming Love&Piss (no, seriously) game and a whole lot of time to spend on something. Therefore! I announce!

わがまま魔術師はおしっこしたい!
Made by Circle WC
Translation project!

Because now that I'm pretty much finished with the "database" part  (Wolf RPG editor's database is simple, but Circle WC's custom system is rather complex), I have no choice but to actually make this a thing. Unlike the system itself, plot-related messages are just a bunch of map events, so it's almost as if I'm translating plain text in RPG Maker. There are, however, some complications I am yet to overcome:

- Separating item prices from currency in the item shop event. I know a quick and dirty way to fix it, but it might break some other things, so we'll have to settle down with the lesser evil for now; V
- Translating Wild Poyon travel event; V
- Translating Karen's desperation message system. Coming up next;
- Translating Metal Fragments events; V
- Testing "Cannot use on self", "please select an object to use", "random use", "There are no valid targets", "can't do that!" and "is not available!" messages. These lines are just system entries in Circle WC's system without any given context and Japanese language is very context-dependant, so if you see one of these messages somewhere where it shouldn't be, please let me know. By the way, all you have to do to take a screenshot is to press PrtSc, it will be placed in the game folder.

With that being said, here's the first build of this awesome card game, 0.0.29 0.1 0.1.4, now with even more corrections and finally fixed card descriptions! Hooray! You can find it at the usual place. One last word: if possible, please try to buy yourself a copy of this game or Circle WC's other works. They deserve to be rewarded for their efforts. Meanwhile, have a Nyanko.

Jackkosa

Played the newest translation of Wagamamama as the file calls it. The interface is fantastic and I have yet to see a problem or a mistranslation so that's good. The random event system threw me in for a little loop because before I could initially figure out that the cards are limited I encountered two monsters one after another at the very beginning... I've only played through one playthrough of the first day but I might wait for a little more translation with all of the desperation scenes and secret cutscenes to unlock. I wonder if there is a better strategy to get her to wet during the day other than drinking every two steps? But other than that I love the buildup to the desperation, it is extremely fun to play and I can't wait for future versions!  :001_smile:

Lisk

Sudden release!

Earlier this day Circle WC released a free game about Rika Hayami, one of the characters from their first game (Yuumi got an Android application, but that's another story). It revolves around Rika's memories of the day when she, still a little girl attenting to a grade school, desperately needed to pee, but was too shy to ask the teacher to let her use the toilet. Now, not even a day after initial release, thanks to the efforts of special agent L and special agent R, this game is available in English! Are you loli enough to make it through the class and more with dry panties? Heaven or hell! Let's rock!

Get some Loli Rika

Jackkosa

Well, It took about fours hours of trying different things but I beat it... You know for "winning" I for some reason expected a better reward for that. Eh probably just the exhaustion I really should have seen that ending coming. Oh well, I guess I'll post these notes here for anyone who has no idea what they're doing. They're not going to win the game for you but they'll help. I think I'll just go back to the other game that's still in translation now.

Does more than expected.

Squeeze eyes: None
Tremble: None
Rub stomach:1000-801
Move Legs:1000-801,
Concentrate:800-601
Shift in seat:600-401
Grab:400-201
Rub knees: 400-1

Timer bonus!

Squeeze eyes then grab
Tremble on the third the first time then the fourth every other time
Rub knees then rub stomach
Move legs three in a row.
Ultimate Combo!: Squeeze eyes, Grab, Rub knees, Rub stomach

(there seems to be other ways to have a random chance at timer bonuses but these are the mostly guaranteed ways.)

Lisk

It updates!

As I wait for Circle WC to make all the patches for 30 minutes they have to, I keep working on Wagamamama, and here is the result: database is now completely finished and polished (at least I hope that I didn't miss anything) and I'm moving on to the actual events. There are 35 map events of the main plots and 11 extra events you can get as achievement. First of these events, the one you get for starting the game, is now translated as well! It's kind of a pre-prologue prologue that tells you what makes Karen special and different from other girls ^_^. Other than that, there's little change in terms of gameplay, but the real work is just starting! That custom system was pretty big, after all.

Enjoy!

Jackkosa

Another word for erobaka? I would have to know the context the word was being used in first before I could do that.

Also reporting a typo in the first achievement cutscene. where its say "Karen sword that she will never leave the shop unattended".
Where I think the proper word is supposed to be "swore".

Lisk

Quote from: Jackkosa on July 26, 2013, 11:54:20 PM
Another word for erobaka? I would have to know the context the word was being used in first before I could do that.
Karen: Stop ignoring me, Yuuto! Teya!
Yuuto: Ouch.
Karen: Fear my earth-rumbling monster-smiting low kick!
Yuuto: I have no idea what you're talking about... But this low kick lets me take a glimpse at your panties.
Karen: ?!
Yuuto: They're pink! Thank you so very much for this beautiful and breath-taking display. *Bows*
Karen: Y-you...! Stupid pervert Yuuto!

And then Yuuto keeps teasing her about her panties, earning the names of ero rascal and ero devil. But panties are very important, LQ taught me that!

Quote from: Jackkosa on July 26, 2013, 11:54:20 PM
Also reporting a typo in the first achievement cutscene. where its say "Karen sword that she will never leave the shop unattended".
Where I think the proper word is supposed to be "swore".

Already fixed in the next build, but Thanks for the input. I'm barely testing these sub-builds, focusing on finishing the first dayfirst and editing it later, so any help is very welcome.

Jackkosa

Cool, In other news I found out that her condition meter doesn't affect her desperation meter at all! So I was forcing her to drink a bottle of water almost every 2 minutes for nothing! Oh well, So to get her wetting cutscenes comes down to padding out the battles with waits and kicks and not getting any of the "Lucky!" events. Good to know.

Rainyday

Quote from: Jackkosa on July 27, 2013, 01:04:22 AM
Cool, In other news I found out that her condition meter doesn't affect her desperation meter at all!

What

Whaaaaaat

Lisk

Quote from: Jackkosa on July 27, 2013, 01:04:22 AM
Cool, In other news I found out that her condition meter doesn't affect her desperation meter at all! So I was forcing her to drink a bottle of water almost every 2 minutes for nothing! Oh well, So to get her wetting cutscenes comes down to padding out the battles with waits and kicks and not getting any of the "Lucky!" events. Good to know.
But the condition meter affects how much distance they can cover, which, in turn, affects how far the desperation meter will progress in the end. Besides, there are random events that waste 10 minutes of time, there's the cute merchant and, if you collect five metal fragments and watch the following extra event, you will get an "instant limit" item.

Rainyday

Quote from: Lisk on July 27, 2013, 02:02:26 AM
But the condition meter affects how much distance they can cover, which, in turn, affects how far the desperation meter will progress in the end.

But covering less distance per stride with good condition doesn't make any sense ;_;

Doesn't that mean that the best way to increase desperation is actually to minimize drinking?

Jackkosa

I just spammed useless cards in battles until she was near bursting and we still had half of the trip to go...
Quoteif you collect five metal fragments and watch the following extra event, you will get an "instant limit" item.
So that's what happened after I watched that. But it kind of ruins the experience to just instantly get the wetting scene you want doesn't it? Although I guess the real challenge lies  within the bosses I have yet to bother to face yet.

Lisk

Quote from: Rainyday on July 27, 2013, 02:10:06 AM
But covering less distance per stride with good condition doesn't make any sense ;_;
That's why the less hydrated she is, the less distance they cover. A bottle per 30 minutes under normal conditions allows enough flexibility to both collect all possible scenes and actually make it after reloading.
Quote from: Jackkosa on July 27, 2013, 02:19:31 AM
Although I guess the real challenge lies  within the bosses I have yet to bother to face yet.
Nyo ho ho!

Jackkosa

Huh, the latest build isn't actually linked to the newest version. I wanted to see what the first day wetting scene actually says.