Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnragedFilia

Quote from: Jackkosa on April 17, 2013, 08:21:49 PM
Well I'm completely stumped. pictures 6,7, and 8 are still missing in my Shikkin Album and it looks like there is an area I've not seen in them. I posted this same problem on the thread in the Omorashi forum and someone said something about a mall section? But I would have no idea of how to get there and I've tried almost everything I could think of, so help would be greatly appreciated.
If you let Ayumi get out of the car while you're on the way to the coffee shop (or when you've just left the coffee shop and haven't yet selected a different destination), you're supposed to end up in the shopping district instead of the residential district. However, something seems to be wrong with one of the files (probably store.kx) because that situation just freezes the game for me with the English patch applied. Without patch.xp3 it works.

Lisk

Yes, this is a confirmed bug that appeared when I tried to fix overflowing lines. I'll fix it, along with some nonfatal things in a day or two. If you find anything else, let me know about it too.

Jackkosa

Are you supposed to be able to leave the mountains once you arrive there? Because Ayumi says to talk to her when you want to leave but the only options I get are to talk to her to pass the time and to do nothing.

Rainyday

Lisk

The car bug is fixed. The game uses a destination variable, which you probably noticed at the "we have to get to xxx" line. I've translated it everywhere across the script, but forgot to change it in first.ks where it gets defaulted to "our destination". The engine expected "our destination" at if-then-else tree to determine where Iwao stops his car, but got japanese text instead, and didn't know what to do with it.

Why.ks

Jackkosa

Still doesn't work, the game now crashes when you try to follow her to the mall area.

Lisk

This is more complex than I thought it is. I'll try to figure out what's wrong with it now.

edit: it was that thing again. It was that thing again. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing. That thing!

bazaracu

On the mountain when she gets desperate she runs too fast. Is there a way for me to keep up with her?
I'm missing 2 endings out there

Jackkosa

Have you gotten the 2 where she goes to the second restroom? There is one for making her wet inside of it and another for walking into the restroom in the middle of her peeing, and while the second one says mission failed the photo still gets added to the album. As for the keeping up part you have to kind of predict which way Ayumi's headed to get to her in time.

Edit: Well I finally got the whole Shikkin Album filled out! I think why I like the shikkin games in particular so much is the desperation buildup to the inevitable wetting, kind of the same way I enjoyed Big Wave when I played it. Anyways I guess I'll continue playing through Sokoumi some more, even if it doesn't really focus on desperation and wetting it is still pretty entertaining gameplay.

I'm guessing after this hassle we're probably not going to see a Shikkin School translation anytime soon. That and I think that game is still getting an occasional update here and there. Well I'll be looking forward to whatever the next translation will be!

Lisk

tenck5k

Quote from: Lisk on April 27, 2013, 02:48:52 AM
Archive updated: it's really the sea now!

So I broke the continuity a bit so far...I was convinced you somehow had to get around the Kraken daemon, hit the switch, and then go through the door, before it caught up, rather than just go back to the locked door and have it get cutscened away. After many a try, I actually managed to get past, which lead to some rather confusing events where we suddenly wasn't worried at ALL about the kraken, we had got the power source!...and then SPAM KRAKEN NOISES despite there being no kraken around. And then not being able to use the breath point, because oh gawd that kraken is right behind us (must be an invisi-kraken). After which the kraken-b-gone cutscene occured, and everything has worked fine since then, but I was rather confused for awhile. XD

...by the way, nice job as always Lisk and Rainy. :D

EDIT 3: The duel bug has been identified and squashed. :D

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

EnragedFilia

Quote from: tenck5k on April 29, 2013, 02:16:48 PM

So I broke the continuity a bit so far...I was convinced you somehow had to get around the Kraken daemon, hit the switch, and then go through the door, before it caught up, rather than just go back to the locked door and have it get cutscened away. After many a try, I actually managed to get past, which lead to some rather confusing events where we suddenly wasn't worried at ALL about the kraken, we had got the power source!...and then SPAM KRAKEN NOISES despite there being no kraken around. And then not being able to use the breath point, because oh gawd that kraken is right behind us (must be an invisi-kraken). After which the kraken-b-gone cutscene occured, and everything has worked fine since then, but I was rather confused for awhile. XD

That's what happaned to me the first time I got to that scene (in the untranslated version), which was quite confusing. Apparently the squid-thingy AI can get stuck on a certain tile in that room sometimes, making it possible to evade it long enough to hit the switch.

Lisk

It's not even AI, it's just a pattern of scripts. Please be gentle with Squid-nyan!

Lisk

The quest continues, for there is no rest for the wicked. Right now we're mostly waiting for Aoi Kurage's Hamuko-chan game and CircleWC's platformer (you can grab the trial version here, erobaka Yuuto), but this looks small enough to fit through. As always, version 0.1 is only a little more than the interface patch, but there's more to come.

In other news: my insignificant amount of help was enough for Tulep Goddess Maria to get past some technical difficulties with Kaery nyo Panyon translation, so maybe you will understand why I'm saying "nyo" so much in not so distant future, nyo. It has nothing to do with omorashi, but it's nyo, nyo.

Franklin

So, Lisk - are you just gonna go with 'World Map of Angels'? Or jazz up the title and call it something like 'Angelic Atlas'?

I myself think 「ポケットワルキューレ」 is a pretty solid game, as well. But I'm sure you've played through and finished all of them.