New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

And we continue on! More background things to lay foundation for further milestone releases, some fixes, and another mission to complete! Well, it's the first real mission, but whatever. The progress so far is as follows:

As of now, 59 out of 324 maps are translated. Gameplay-wise it gives you another mission and introduces another character. This mission is pretty short, but not as short as the first one, and the third one is not far from completion. I hope you will enjoy playing this game as much as I did.

Download HareAme 0.2 - red friends edition

In other news: uuuooo, Walking Dead episode 2 is finally out! Let's see if it will have desperation scene like episode one did, but even if it won't, I'll still enjoy it. 55% downloaded. Why can't you go any faster, Steam? WKTK...

atdhfkm

What desperation scene do you talking about? Can you please describe it?

blaaarg

Search for "walking dead episode 1" on youtube.  The part where they get to the pharmacy the little girl announces she has to pee, opens the toilet door and a zombie jumps out. Nothing more about it happens after that.

Jackkosa

Does anyone here know of some good links to some translation programs? I currently have a lot of freetime and was thinking of doing an (at the very least) simple translation of ShikkinSCHOOL. I've already searched around on Google for some however I don't want to go installing something harmful to my computer. I'm hoping someone around here would know of any decent programs.

Rainyday

Quote from: Jackkosa on July 03, 2012, 09:47:10 PM
Does anyone here know of some good links to some translation programs? I currently have a lot of freetime and was thinking of doing an (at the very least) simple translation of ShikkinSCHOOL. I've already searched around on Google for some however I don't want to go installing something harmful to my computer. I'm hoping someone around here would know of any decent programs.

I'd personally recommend against it for now for two reasons:
1) I feel it wouldn't really work if you tried translating something from a program alone with no knowledge of the language yourself (I'm only making an assumption of your ability here, of course)
2) ShikkinSchool is still getting updated, so unless you have a program that can search and replace translated strings in all the script files (like RPGMaker trans for RPG maker games), you're probably going to have to manually check or re-edit your patch for every new release that comes out.

To answer your question, though, the standard combination is ITH + Translation Aggregator, and if you want an offline translator as well get ahold of ATLAS or similar.

Lisk

The picture is starting to come up together. You know, this game has so many similarities with Wetters Story (no wonder, it was inspired by 666's creation) that I can't help but compare the translation process. Two vital lessons I've learned. First, having a draft is important, especially when you deal with a fuckton of events clustered in a single area that's used all the way through the game. Second, having someone to playtest this thing on a regular basis is very important. You never know when you accidentally hit the wrong key until you see it during gameplay. Third, parser makes everything much easier. Three vital lessons. Draft, playtesters and parser.

Anyway, here's another update. The progress so far is as follows:

As of now, 72 out of 324 maps are translated. Gameplay-wise it gives you your own personal maid. やっちゃった時とか遠慮なく呼んで下さいましね。 What else can you desire? Two more missions (real missions this time) and some corrections of minor errors? Those are included too. As usual, any feedback and especially reports of bugs and spelling errors are very welcome.

Download HareAme 0.4 - yours whenever you desire edition

Lisk

Mission 5 is ready to be played. A small message for a small update, but we keep moving on.

Download HareAme 0.5 - Conspiracy edition

Vermora

The fifth mission still isn't being translated for me, when I load a save file with the first four missions completed. I didn't have this problem when transferring my save file for the other updates.

Lisk

darththorin

Sorry Lisk, but I am having the same issue as the above person, and I used your new link.

Lisk

Interesting. Can you attach your save file? I think I know what exactly went wrong, but I need to confirm it.

Vermora

Lisk

Ah, I see now. While this mission is mission five in the actual game, it's registred as mission 7 in the script. So the one I've translated comes after this one (iirc, you can do next few missions in random order). Sorry for misleading you, but this was bound to happen sooner or later. This mission will be available in the next milestone upload.

googlespit

After finishing the current project do you have any intentions of doing 118's other games I loved F for fantasy and nightmare drop but his other two seam too puzzley for me to enjoy without understanding them