New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnragedFilia

It's working for me. Sendspace occasionally aborts downloads before they're finished. If the .rar is smaller than 10MB you could try redownloading it.

bailinda

downloaded 4 times so far and still same thing. find 12 folders with nothing in under graphics. havent cheaked rest yet but shud be same in them aswell. and i have cheaked dowloaded 10,0 mb.
almost spent haft a year watching anime....
Time to watch some more!!!!!

EnragedFilia

"empty folders" is very different from "maps with nothing in them". Most of the folders in \graphics are supposed to be empty. 11 of the 14 are empty for me and I'm not observing the error you are. Make sure you've changed your region settings as described in the first post, and if it still occurs, try to tell us more about your OS or other configuration information, or copy the error message somehow.

Indonesian

Quote from: bailinda on February 21, 2012, 07:31:26 PM
downloaded 4 times so far and still same thing. find 12 folders with nothing in under graphics. havent cheaked rest yet but shud be same in them aswell. and i have cheaked dowloaded 10,0 mb.

i was once got this problem too.
just try to extract the folder one by one (with open it with your extractor software then copy-paste the folders one by one to the place you want to save the game)

bailinda

tryed that still same. tryed some of my over games aswell and the problem is the same but some still working. seems like he can´t read some files.
almost spent haft a year watching anime....
Time to watch some more!!!!!

knuclear200x

There doesnt seem to be a thread about what im going to post so uh, i was just playing MGS4 and got stuck fighting Crying Wolf. I paused for a short while and noticed something funny in the video feed that displays on the bottom left corner. It seems to be a desperation scene involving Sunny. at first you see her nodding her head, but after a while she starts to swivel in her chair, next thing she jumps off, walks upstairs and runs to an unseen part of the room. I checked where she runs during the Mission Briefing and I see a small bathroom in the corner.

tenck5k

Quote from: knuclear200x on March 21, 2012, 07:26:32 PM
There doesnt seem to be a thread about what im going to post so uh, i was just playing MGS4 and got stuck fighting Crying Wolf. I paused for a short while and noticed something funny in the video feed that displays on the bottom left corner. It seems to be a desperation scene involving Sunny. at first you see her nodding her head, but after a while she starts to swivel in her chair, next thing she jumps off, walks upstairs and runs to an unseen part of the room. I checked where she runs during the Mission Briefing and I see a small bathroom in the corner.

I think this kind of thing goes in this thread here. I could be wrong though.

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

Lisk

Gentlemen, Nightmare Drop is finally translated, edited, tested and released. The last route was almost as long as two others and I had to descend into editing hell, but the sands on the shores of hell are magical sands. Reika's route has five branches:

A (Sun of the beach): Buy some milk and give it to the kitten, you will be rewarded with a seashell. It overrides all other endings except Nightmare Drop
B-1 (There's something strange in the neighborhood): Bring the AD paper to the park toilet and give it to Shia to get horror movie DVD. Bring it to Reika's house.
B-2 (There's something weird and it don't looks good: Same as above, choose different point of view.
C (The genius who descended into bathroom): Hardest to translate, but easiest to get. Go unprepared. It branches further along the way, but leads to the same ending.
D (Nightmare Drop): Get yourself some Nightmare Drop, what else?
Bad End: Try to enter Reika's house without beef jerky. Patora will pulverize Hami-tan with her heavenly spear claw.

As always, any feedback is more than welcome. Enjoy!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gaas5r

I also have a question for you. When I was messing around game resources, I found some remnants of abandoned routes, author's notes and rough sketches that never made it into the final release. What should I do with them? I have three possibilities:
- Just translate them, leave them on the orphan map where they're stored right now and make some obscure way to reach that map. Remember, while some of them are almost complete branches, most of them are rough drafts. But this way we can stay as close to original as possible.
- Finish what can be finished for 118-san, integrate these parts in the game, drop rough drafts and make it a separate release. Something like Nightmare Drop Plus. Pros: more things to do, there's a lot of hidden potential. Cons: Straying from original plot, sometimes to the point of it becoming Lisk's fanfiction.
- Merge these things with TL notes. Like "This route has reference to this and that, and there was also a different version of this route where the girl did this instead of that, but it was scrapped". Pros: I can do whatever I want with TL notes, especially if I make them into a separate project instead of a text file. Everything is intact. Cons: more fanfiction, separate pieces instead of integral story.

So, what do you think?

piemaster

I think the Nightmare Drop Plus idea sounds the best since you'll be able to integrate the new content in in the most efficient manner without worrying about making compromises to keep the original game content intact.

tenck5k

I hate to be that moron, but how the heck do I get 10k money for the Nightmare Drop I helped make?! Selling the coffee got me the cash for the milk, but that's it...

Another quick thing: The dash ability doesn't seem to do anything. I hold the A button, but I do not move any faster...

Thanks!

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ

burstingbadly

Quote from: Indonesian on February 22, 2012, 02:17:54 AM
Quote from: bailinda on February 21, 2012, 07:31:26 PM

i was once got this problem too.
just try to extract the folder one by one (with open it with your extractor software then copy-paste the folders one by one to the place you want to save the game)
Empty for me also :(

Lisk

Quote from: tenck5k on April 01, 2012, 10:14:00 PM
I hate to be that moron, but how the heck do I get 10k money for the Nightmare Drop I helped make?! Selling the coffee got me the cash for the milk, but that's it...

Another quick thing: The dash ability doesn't seem to do anything. I hold the A button, but I do not move any faster...

Thanks!
Get the maid cafe AD from the maid at the town square, go to the park toilet, give it to the person inside (make sure you're not cloaked, or you'll waste your chance), get the DVD from her, then sell it to her fan at the square.
As for the skill, yeah, it isn't working. I've replaced it with the older skill. The link to the game itself is updated, and if you don't want to re-download the whole game, you can get classes.rar and extract it in your Data folder. However, I'm pretty sure that you'll have to start the new game , patches or not. Well, given the game's length, it isn't a big deal. Anyway, thanks for the report, I hope you won't encounter any more problems.

Quote from: burstingbadly on April 02, 2012, 01:55:58 PM
Empty for me also :(
Some folders are supposed to be empty, that's how this engine works. As long as you have the RTP and your system locale is set to japanese, you should experience no problems.

Lisk

Okay, I told a certain person about this little game and it caught his interest because it featured, amongst other heroines, a warrior girl in embarrassing situations. Then I told him that I'll translate it someday, and a man must keep his words. So here it is.

This game is actually a bunch of short interactive stories made by Terura-san (you can find the link to Terura's blog in the first post of this thread). You take the role of a fairy that subtly manipulates the minds of the girls to help them avoid the embarrassment of having an accident. Terura-san is mostly the storywriter, so you won't find any elaborate graphic pictures. Think of it as of reading a story.

It was made with RPG Maker 2000, and due to the limitations of this engine I had to make a few adjustments. Most notably, I had to name an unnamed character, Tomoko's little sister. That's how the game refers to her in the original product – "Tomoko's little sister", and I wanted to keep it that way, but it just won't fit in the name field, so I gave her a name. I hope you don't mind.

Please report the bugs and/or grammar/spelling errors. I know there can be some cases of text not fitting in the text box. Otherwise, enjoy.
Download

tenck5k

Stuff never works for me. I get the error "ファイルシステムは開けません" and it crashes. File systems not opening sounds pretty bad. I don't suppose you would know the cause?

Side Note: Oh my god I could actually read the error message. Sort of.

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ

EnragedFilia

Yes, it says "unable to open file system". I get the same error.