New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

"Car Trip" the desperation game 0.51 Last update 6/13/2010

Started by none, May 10, 2010, 09:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

none

Hey guys! After reading about the_variant's Desperate Liaisons I decided to release my oooooold game I started on many months ago: Car Trip.

Basically you drive around with two girls who get more and more desperate as time goes on. I wanted to add extra situations...

Some guy in the crowd: Like friggen pulling over?! *rant

...Yes like pulling over and going to rest stops but I came to two realizations.

1. Programming and writing is a pain.

2. Writing period is a pain when you are of average ability at best at it.   

So while I have a few descriptions written for when the girls have accidents I still think the game could use more situations since at the present it simply consists of the two of them having accidents in the car and a unfinished description of cleaning them. 

Which brings me to the next stumbling block. I love all the things involved with wetting. If you wet yourself you aren't going to set there in your pee forever! At some point your going to clean yourself (and whatever you peed on!)  and I want that in this game. But once again the writing of these descriptions is my downfall.

So rater than letting the game rot on my Hard drive I feel like releasing the game on you all and getting some feedback and some descriptions to be used in game.

Also the game does contain pooping content which can be disabled.

Versions
0.1:
First Release Rough Interface Many Spelling errors I'd imagine

0.2:

Allow player to get a rough estimate of how desperate a girl is from the  status screen

Added Cleaning texts from Faust

0.2a:

Hotfix:
Cleaning a girl actually works.

ver 0.3a
Fixed some text issues
Fixed issue causing the first girl to pee forever
Added part of the diaper script

ver 0.4
Internal Code modded for ease of use
Fixed error where if you diapered girl one it would place a diaper on girl two.
Added pull over option:
You have about a fifty fifty chance of finding a place and allowing every one who needs to use the bathroom to do

so...

But if you fail you wont be able to pull over for a while

ver 0.41
Fixed Error where text would run off screen

ver 0.42
Fixed some spelling errors and some text spacing errors

ver 0.5
Removed Hair color and breast size options
Changed the way accidents are reported
Changed number of girls from 2 to 6!
Cleaned up internal code

ver 0.51
Second try to fix text running off screen bug
Allow player to pick the number of girls
Player can no longer close set up screen(prevents errors)
Pull over code added
Fixed bug where game would run in the back ground if you closed the options screen

To do:
Add pooping
Add cleaning options
Add randomness to bladders (everyone kinda pees together as of right now)
Make status screen operational

Technical stuffs:

Programmed in: Visual Basic

I will include the source code which is only necessary to download if you want to develop the game yourself.

Also if you want to use any part of the source code in your own works. Please do! 

Note: I will hold off on adding sources unless I add a feature from now on.

Faust

I think it's very nice so far.
^^

however, I have no idea on how to work with it, so...yeah...
Any help there? I'd love to help make a desperation game.

That way I can help with the description of cleaning them.

none

Quote from: Faust on May 11, 2010, 09:28:44 AM

That way I can help with the description of cleaning them.

That is exactly what I need!  Please write something up and either P'M it to me or simply write it as a reply.

note:
I'll add a credits screen so every one can receive their dues.

Faust

Well, I'll give it a shot at least.
We could always replace it if someone else comes up with a  better one, but for now...
I'll start with that.
If you can program up the cleaning actually working. XD
*is working now on it*

Plus, could use some help programming what's different for skirts and pants. ^^
I'll help with as much as I can.

If I knew how to code stuff, I could help out tying up some loose ends to get the game fully functional, but at the moment, I'm just lost. DX

none

Thanks for the help Faust I'll get started on implementing the changes tonight.

edit: Is it difficult to understand the code because  of my in-code comments or are you in the process of learning the language? 

Faust

I just don't know how to change around code.
XD
And my descriptions are Generic, but at the moment, I would like to get the game at least fully functional ASAP.
As in, all the options work at least.

I actually went through the game twice to see what was active.

'Now do it again' XD
Just doing as much as I can to help.
*and trying to figure out how to do this*

Glad there's a few updates. As I said, if you could get the cleaning fixed to where it worked, then I'd feel
a lot more motivated to work.
^^

Faust

I Know It's kind of Bumping, but I'd like to honestly get some more opinions on how the game's going.

Would anyone who downloaded it care to share with us how it is to them?

Yog-Sothoth

not sure if it's just me, but sometimes the text gets blocked off the side. not sure how to fix it.
QuoteChuck Wurley: Finally, do you have any advice for our readers?

Jack Terricloth: "Yeah, sure. Try to be pleasant to each other, get out of the house in the evening, make time to read a good book now and then, depose your government when it suspends the free press, remember having fun is better for you than having money, oh and employ diplomatic means wherever possible to avoid violence." Rule number one of the cosmos is that "unlikely things do happen". Cheers, and thanks!

Dynamic

Brilliant effort on this.  Pretty entertaining.

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it.  I always think of things that are far to elaborate and ultimately outside of my current skill set, but this is proof that something relatively simple can be lots of fun.

I don't know visual basic.  A bit odd seeing as I know C++... but I'm mostly self-taught.  I'm currently learning OpenGL, and hope to apply my skills at some point in a project such as this.

Writing scenarios and such is the only thing I'm good at.  Maybe I could help in that area.  I'm also sure I could probably code, too, despite not knowing VB.  Really, once you've programmed in one high level language... the concepts are all the same.

One thing I think would be interesting is to have this run on a loop, rather than being driven by clicking the "drive" button.  That way, you could simulate time and let things happen in pseudo-real-time (really, who wants to wait 2 or 3 hours for a girl to become desperate?  I can do that with my girlfriend...).  I think it would be more immersive if it kind of ran by itself.

On top of that, I dream of having a little window on the side with a 3d model of the girl with associated animations... but, well.. I'll wait until I'm more skilled in 3d programming to attempt something like that  :death:

Kudos, bro.  Keep up the awesomeness.
"A routine soul smear confirmed the presence of pure evil."

none

Quote from: Dynamic on May 24, 2010, 08:09:05 AM
Brilliant effort on this.  Pretty entertaining.

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it.  I always think of things that are far to elaborate and ultimately outside of my current skill set, but this is proof that something relatively simple can be lots of fun.

I don't know visual basic.  A bit odd seeing as I know C++... but I'm mostly self-taught.  I'm currently learning OpenGL, and hope to apply my skills at some point in a project such as this.

Bah visual basic is little more than a bunch of variables strapped to a GUI  :lol:

Writing scenarios and such is the only thing I'm good at.  Maybe I could help in that area.

Please PM me any situations that come to mind! I will give your due credit!

One thing I think would be interesting is to have this run on a loop, rather than being driven by clicking the "drive" button.  That way, you could simulate time and let things happen in pseudo-real-time (really, who wants to wait 2 or 3 hours for a girl to become desperate?  I can do that with my girlfriend...).  I think it would be more immersive if it kind of ran by itself.

Ya know I did play a game, ShikkinPLUS it's a few pages back on this same forum, that had a "real time mode". It was pretty great but you had to use items you collected in the other game mode, and if you mistimed their use, or used them in the wrong order, the girl would make it to the bathroom in time and you got a game over screen I may add a "loop delay" later on after the game reaches it's 1.0 mark.

And make that part less hair-pullingly hard.

On top of that, I dream of having a little window on the side with a 3d model of the girl with associated animations... but, well.. I'll wait until I'm more skilled in 3d programming to attempt something like that  :death:

Kudos, bro.  Keep up the awesomeness.

Python might be better suited for that, I'm familiar with the language so that would not be a big issue.

JackO

Its a nice game, although I do have a few things to say, if I may, both praise and suggestions;

First off, (you may or may not know about this, I'm just saying what I see in the latest version)...When set-up' is selected, and the options screen appears, the buttons to select the second girl's breast size and lower half clothing, are labelled as 'radio button x' (x being a number).

Secondly, before starting, the miles left display says 600, but then changes to 5985, on first click of 'Drive' and as such I can only imagine this to be a typo of 6000.

Thirdly, on status check, there's a variable which says "Travel Johns - Label 9". I dunno what this is, but it might mean something to you.

Fourthly, if you choose not to clean the girl for a while, whilst having the poop option on, the text eventually becomes too long and is displayed as such "x's paintes [sic] (just a small spelling error) are filled with..."x is desperate"".

Fifthly, sometimes I can't select certain cleaning options, I think its usually the second girl, you can only have her lay across you, the spooning/going to her seat options don't work. Now, whether this is due to logistics, or what, I don't know.

Lastly (I think), perhaps you could add a bladder size option to the game, as mostly the two girls have accidents at exactly the same time as eachother.

Ooh, some random spelling errors: When the girls poop - involuntarily, emits, crackling, noise, depressed, something, pushing, followed, solid, and let out has a double spacing 

When the girls wet - whimpers, embarrassment

Anyway, that's it for bugs/errors, I think :P

I must say, it'll be a good game, once these bugs are fixed, it has a lot of potential and I hope you realise that I'm just trying to make this the best it can be not complaining.

Well done on your work so far, none. Keep it up. :)

none

Quote from: Union JackO on May 24, 2010, 02:38:45 PM
Its a nice game, although I do have a few things to say, if I may, both praise and suggestions;

First off, (you may or may not know about this, I'm just saying what I see in the latest version)...When set-up' is selected, and the options screen appears, the buttons to select the second girl's breast size and lower half clothing, are labelled as 'radio button x' (x being a number).

Secondly, before starting, the miles left display says 600, but then changes to 5985, on first click of 'Drive' and as such I can only imagine this to be a typo of 6000.

Thirdly, on status check, there's a variable which says "Travel Johns - Label 9". I dunno what this is, but it might mean something to you.

Fourthly, if you choose not to clean the girl for a while, whilst having the poop option on, the text eventually becomes too long and is displayed as such "x's paintes [sic] (just a small spelling error) are filled with..."x is desperate"".

Fifthly, sometimes I can't select certain cleaning options, I think its usually the second girl, you can only have her lay across you, the spooning/going to her seat options don't work. Now, whether this is due to logistics, or what, I don't know.

Ooh, some random spelling errors: When the girls poop - involuntarily, emits, crackling, noise, depressed, something, pushing, followed, solid, and let out has a double spacing 

When the girls wet - whimpers, embarrassment

Fixed Are some of the spelling errors due to American and British English spelling differences?, involuntarily emits...., "Paintes" and "let out"  were both fixed for sure though. 

Lastly (I think), perhaps you could add a bladder size option to the game, as mostly the two girls have accidents at exactly the same time as eachother.

I'll look into letting the user have some input on the bladder size.  Enough so the girls won't always wet if you push the button 5 times, but one will definitely wet before the other does.

Anyway, that's it for bugs/errors, I think :P

I must say, it'll be a good game, once these bugs are fixed, it has a lot of potential and I hope you realise that I'm just trying to make this the best it can be not complaining.

Well done on your work so far, none. Keep it up. :)

YES!!! This is exactly what I need to improve the game!!! keep em coming!

Faust

Yay! People are finally showing interest in the game!!
^^
I'm so happy!

gophergun

I really like it. Only wish it worked under Linux, either natively, through Mono, or through Wine with .NET installed. Or maybe it does, and I just can't see it because of the netbook's screen resolution. Either way, something to consider, I suppose. Also, either I misread it or it said "Colleen is a desperate!" A bit strange. Thanks for the good work!

the_variant

Just downloaded and played - looks like a neat idea, although as you say, needs a bit of finishing off.

There's not much I can add over what others have said.  I'd just change the interface a bit - have the main journey text in one section, and all the status bits in another section, so you can see everything without having to open the status window.

I also think customisable bladder sizes would be good, as well as a status area showing how full each girl's bladder is.  I normally develop my games so that the girl wets as soon as her bladder hits full capacity, but perhaps a "will wet randomly within 5 moves of her bladder reaching capacity" is a bit more inventive and surprising and I may steal that idea for my games :p

Your game reminds me of something I've been working on in secret for ages, if I've got time I'll get a release version available and upload it later.