Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

cant browse

Started by benson1080, June 12, 2009, 11:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benson1080

hi there.
I use the forums and gallery regularly, but recently ive found that every time i try to log back in, i get a message saying ive posted less than ten things in the forums....which isnt true.
I repost 1 thing and im ok. next time i log in, the same.
its been happening for a while now.
why?

FallenStar

You *do* have less than 10 posts, whether you think you have more or not. It's quite possible that some of your posts have been deleted due to being spam, so I'd suggest you stop posting spam and read the FAQ on Constructive posting.

benson1080

well i understand what you mena but to be honest, im just joining in with the conversation topic when i post. offering my point of view or story etc.
Im not just leaving one word posts or things like "yeah thast great" etc.
Even this  time when i signed in it told me the same again. its not my fault, but if i keep getting outed, i will start post rubbish.

FallenStar

And if you post rubbish, you will get banned.

I'm sorry but unless the mods think your posts are constructive, then you'll post will continue to get deleted and you, my good man, will always have that warning.  Now stop complaining and start making constructive posts.   *rant

Tru

Perhaps you should take a look at the posts you've written that haven't been deleted, and try to understand why they get to stay while others get removed. In checking my log of deleted posts, I have this one from you:
Quote from: benson1080 in thread "The Tells"dancing from foot to foot. That sort of nervous laugh thing
This is not what we generally consider to be a valuable post here. It does not further the discussion, it's just a simple statement. (And you haven't even bothered to write a single complete sentence, either.) Complete sentences are nice, but what's really important is elaboration and justification when you make a statement of opinion.
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

FallenStar

Quote from: B.u.S. on June 17, 2009, 09:51:43 AM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one deleting posts Tru :D Since I'm on the other side of the pond I can only do half the job. I don't keep a record of what I delete since it tends to be quite a lot and generally the same sort of crap you likely encounter.

As far as I know, B.u.S., you are a G-mod the same as Tru is; therefore, whatever she does, you can do as well. If there is some difference in your powers, then let me know and I'll fix'd it.

oramisho

wow, you even gave him -1 karma. You mods are evil.

FallenStar

I don't know why you think a moderator did that, oramisho, but I assure you that if I find out a moderator *did* give this guy a negative karma for any reason unrelated to rule-breaking, that moderator is going to get a severe tongue-lashing.   :lol:

starforce74911

Dont blame the mods for everything! they go through enough as it is with all of the complaints. they tried to givethe FD community somewhere to chat without worry of being called a freak n such for what we like and/or do. so if anythig, instead of complaining, how bout a little appreciation?!

triforce1996

Normally I don't blame them, in fact I try to figure out what I've done wrong, and not make the same mistake again. Like not posting on old threads. And karma has absolutely no use whatsoever on this site so don't worry if someone gives you -1 karma or something. Although, I do have to say, the mods should PM me about what I should do or stop doing. Other than that the mods are fine. Any of my posts that got deleted (if any) I just post more (elsewhere on the site) to replace it, taking in mind why that post was deleted.
Currently: Trying to get access to the gallery
Specific interest: Lolis, FDs

JackO

Quote from: triforce1996 on October 06, 2009, 10:06:09 PM
Normally I don't blame them, in fact I try to figure out what I've done wrong, and not make the same mistake again. Like not posting on old threads. And karma has absolutely no use whatsoever on this site so don't worry if someone gives you -1 karma or something. Although, I do have to say, the mods should PM me about what I should do or stop doing. Other than that the mods are fine. Any of my posts that got deleted (if any) I just post more (elsewhere on the site) to replace it, taking in mind why that post was deleted.

> Like not posting on old threads - When you posted in this one it was 2 months and 4 days since the last post.

> Karma has absolutely no use whatsoever - It has no EFFECT, but if you see a member with +0 and -11, chances are they're not that great a pillar of the community, so it can help you to judge whether or not to take threads they start seriously or whatever.

Just to correct what you said.