New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

ignorance in society

Started by butterman100, August 09, 2009, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

Implying that Southerners *are* stupid is even more ignorant.

butterman100

Quote from: Stargazing Wanderer on September 11, 2009, 03:49:51 PM
Implying that Southerners *are* stupid is even more ignorant.
agreed, and i'm from the north. i just don't believe in judging people based entirely on where they come from.
Follow no road, but the one paved by your own hands.

TaintedLove

No, I'm afraid not Star.  You see, the south is full of hardcore republicans.  So eat it, because the South is full of ignorance.  Thank god I'm from Florida, the only halfway hip state down here.

FallenStar

Republicans are not always evil nor are Democrats always in the right.  Making a blanket statement about a population as a whole is not only ignorant but prejudicial as a whole.

Now if you want to believe that *every* Southerner is stupid just because *some* of them are Republican, then you have to include yourself in that group, since, by admission, you live in the South.  Oh, and just so you know, Florida was governed by the brother of George W. Bush recently; should I call you stupid just because your state elected someone you probably didn't believe in?

No?  Then don't call Southerners stupid just because the asshats in power make foolish decisions. After all, in the grand scheme of things, it took states like New York, California and Illinois to elect a Republican president.

TaintedLove

I could not have offended you such if in your own heart, you did not know my words were true.

Maelstrom

/facepalm

That's the stupidest idea I've ever seen. That's even worse than the Dihydrogen Monoxide hoax.

Dissident

The website doesn't seem like it takes itself seriously:
QuoteFor centuries, mankind knew all there was to know about the shape of the Earth. It was a flat planet, shaped roughly like a circle, with lots of pointy things hanging down from the underside.  ... The space beyond the edge of the world was a dark realm inhabited by all sorts of unholy beasts. Fire and brimstone billowed up from the very depths of hell itself and curled 'round the cliffs whose infinite length jutted straight down to the darkest depths . . . .

Then, in the year of our Lord fourteen-hundred and ninety-two, it all changed. For decades a small band of self-proclaimed "enlightened" individuals had been spouting their heretical nonsense that the Earth was in fact round. Citing "proof" based on nothing more than assumptions, half-truths and blind guesses, they dazzled the populace with their " . . . undeniable mathematical and scientific evidence . . . that the world is shaped not like a pancake, but an orange!"

How can anyone take this seriously? You can't!

Ranpalan

How about the assumption that a person with an unusual sexual preference is likely to get nowhere in life? Anything more than an unusual orientation seems to be considered a handicap. Gr.

Quotenor are Democrats always in the right

Star, I rather misunderstood that when I skimmed your post :)
Always happy to get PMs/IMs