New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

See it or picture it?

Started by AliasnameTO, April 16, 2009, 12:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliasnameTO

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but the search would only yield results from the fanfiction board, which weren't relevant.

Anyway, I thought of this awhile ago while visiting the stories page of this site, and wondered everybody else's preferences. Obviously this isn't all the time, but on average which you like more.

I voted stories. It's easier to customize a scene in your head, adding or omitting details as you see fit when it's all written. Although a picture is more tangible, it might have some undesirable elements that are harder to ignore since they're right there, sometimes literally in black and white. Not to mention that stories can convey a ton more information than a picture, even a doujin simply because of the space taken up on the screen.

And about the third option, combinations of the two are unfortunately really rare, so if you want those, you'll have to find a writer and artist willing to work together, or an extremely talented desperation connoisseur who can do both :p.

Whizard

bound2burst.com has stories with a picture (not showing desperation) of one of the characters. I like that.

wittyiswity

I prefer story and picture, but the picture not be of them wetting. This is so i can picture there expression and location and the damage of the wetting.

babystefie

Both! I like to imagine the desperation from the picture and seeing facial expressions, but also stories that tell details of how the desperation is building up and starts to leak is also very amusing to me.

EnragedFilia

Quote from: AliasnameTO on April 16, 2009, 12:06:20 AM
And about the third option, combinations of the two are unfortunately really rare, so if you want those, you'll have to find a writer and artist willing to work together, or an extremely talented desperation connoisseur who can do both :p.
You know what else you could do? Find a picture and write a story around it!

Lady_Blue

Images are good, don't get me wrong. But I love stories for the reason that they are so descriptive and detailed. You can really feel their desperation the character's experiencing :D

I prefer both. Story with some pictures allows the expression alive to the fullest potential!

Repentant_Soldier

I do like pictures, but after reading what AliasnameTO said, I think that stories have another dimension to them, as even if you don't particularly find one aspect of the story very arousing, you can just focus on other aspects, whereas this tends to take over in terms of pictures.

ixrulexthatxpuddle

In my opinion, I prefer each seperate. I like to imagine the girl with the details given in the story and the scenario. If it is a picture, I think my view gets disorted and it ruins the fun. Well, for me at least...

impasse32

I tend to favor stories though pictures are great too. With a story you can express so much in words that can't be felt otherwise. But some really evocative pictures can override this tendency. I don't much care for the two together, I like both but they do need to be separate in my mind.

Rend

I prefer pictures because i cant really picture stuff through my mind as i can see pictures.
But a mix between both is perfectly fine for me.

TiaMaria

I personally prefer picture it. I'd like both, but if I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose picture it. I enjoy writing, and the pictures I get in my head are what I enjoy sharing when I write. Pictures don't offer such enjoyment to me. I like them, don't get me wrong, but not as much as reading.

Loki275

Not to say that I don't love a good desperation pic, but for me the story behind it is essential. I probably get the biggest rise out of the whole story development, as she slowly needs to go more and more and the way that it is described makes it even better. Of course some pictures are a good boost ^_^.
Would you like to play a game? Heads I win, tails you lose.

butterman100

both. sometimes i like to picture it in my head with a good story, but I mostly like to look at pictures.
Follow no road, but the one paved by your own hands.

Serika

After this topic being here for over 2 weeks i still can't choose. It's like asking "breath or drink?". :102:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.