News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

my posts get erased _What am i doing wrong???

Started by chibiyoko707, March 09, 2009, 08:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chibiyoko707

A suggestion some of my posts get erased maybe you could show witch ones are erased and maybe tell why
I have no problem with the way yall run the site but i would like to know why my posts were erased please.
cookie

FallenStar

Try not posting useless comments and perhaps you will solve the mystery of your disappearing posts.

Scoozums

Every time a post is removed the post count is also affected.

If you haven't already you may want to take a look at [this topic] as I'm sure you'll find your answer there

chibiyoko707

well star what is your opinion on showing what posts are deleted so people can learn from there mistakes because frankly i don't think my posts were spam
cookie

Tru

Odds are if the post is one sentence long, it's very likely to be marked as spam. Try writing 3 or more sentences per post and you're probably safe. It's the elaboration that makes a discussion more interesting, and if the mods don't feel that you've added anything to a discussion, your post can be deleted.
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

zork

I want to complain also! : ) I wanted to post in the anime section and now it all gone for me. And I don't think those were spam cuz in some topics they just ask you about opinion to choose from difrent options. So there's nothing more to say.
[sorry to post here. Maybe I missed something. Haven't read all topics.]

ThornBlues

okay, i have a related complaint, and i know many of my posts were short, i'm not complaining about that, but my intro got deleted, why?

AliasnameTO

Quote from: Tru on March 10, 2009, 08:40:13 PM
Odds are if the post is one sentence long, it's very likely to be marked as spam. Try writing 3 or more sentences per post and you're probably safe. It's the elaboration that makes a discussion more interesting, and if the mods don't feel that you've added anything to a discussion, your post can be deleted.

Well really, it could also go the other way. Having a sentence minimum is a good way to get diluted bs posts instead of concise ones. If a good point can be made in one sentence, then by all means.

I saw somewhere the quote that "forum posts are like miniskirts... long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to make it interesting."