New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Does anyone have real information for "rate of flow"

Started by Whizard, January 14, 2009, 10:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizard

I'm looking to make a simple javascript game with pee desperation. You know, a girl drinks liquids, and slowly it gets from her tummy to her blood, from her blood to her bladder and then she's trying her best to keep it from going further unless she's in the bathroom (and bathrooms aren't so plentiful these days).
Then I hit the problem on how to realistically model this. I don't know what real numbers of water uptake and urine productions could be. So my question to you all is, does anyone have a clue about this?

Please, no posts such as "when I drink a lot of water I usually have to pee pretty bad after an hour or two" :death:, we need some hard numbers here. :)

AliasnameTO

Might want to try an anatomy/urologist forum. ;) I bet they have some averages.

IMHO though, such realism isn't necessary. It would be easier to just make an animation that changes as you press a button to increase desperation.

EnragedFilia

Melissa Explains it all does a good enough job modeling this. It was posted somewhere around here a while back, or you might be able to google for it.

Whizard

Quote from: AliasnameTO on January 17, 2009, 10:41:54 AM
IMHO though, such realism isn't necessary. It would be easier to just make an animation that changes as you press a button to increase desperation.
I'll tell you, the game will be much more complex than that! :clap:

rb41

Well, you could imagine that the passage of water from the mouth up to the bladder and out the urethra could be just water passing through one long pipe the diameter of which is constant and the same as the diameter of the throat. Also, you could assume that the flow rate of any liquid in the system, whether water, blood or urine, to be constant all throughout and be equal to that of water. I'm not sure what the exact flow rate of water, but I guess Google / Yahoo can take care of that. For your computations, this site might help you out:

http://www.1728.com/flowrate.htm

Of course, this is a simplified system, and any physicist or engineer who might come across this post will surely castigate me for creating such a poor and simple model. :blush:
But hopefully, HOPEFULLY, this should help. ;D
"If I die, I want to die like my grandfather- who died peacefully in his sleep; not screaming like all the passengers in the bus he was driving." – Gary Lising

Whizard

Quote from: rb41 on January 22, 2009, 09:54:55 AM
Well, you could imagine that the passage of water from the mouth up to the bladder and out the urethra could be just water passing through one long pipe the diameter of which is constant and the same as the diameter of the throat. Also, you could assume that the flow rate of any liquid in the system, whether water, blood or urine, to be constant all throughout and be equal to that of water. I'm not sure what the exact flow rate of water, but I guess Google / Yahoo can take care of that. For your computations, this site might help you out:

http://www.1728.com/flowrate.htm

Of course, this is a simplified system, and any physicist or engineer who might come across this post will surely castigate me for creating such a poor and simple model. :blush:
But hopefully, HOPEFULLY, this should help. ;D
Actually, I already have a much more complex (and realistic model) working, it just needs tuning with the correct numbers. But thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Maybe I'll try to make a GUI for the model with display of the values, so you people here can try it out and tell me if you think the water/pee needs to go faster or slower in there.

Just to tickle everyone's interest, I'll tell you about the plan for the game. The purpose of the game is to get the best possible score (duh! :death:). Gameplay will be text-based with decisions (just like the Melissa games), but this game will take place at a school, and the player is controlling one of the girls. Points are gained mainly by holding big amounts of pee for a long time (and additionally there will be bonus points for things like going to the bathroom with the other girls while you're bursting, and pretending to pee, but really holding it in). However, you can't just hold on forever, sooner or later you'll start leaking if you don't go to the bathroom. Going to the bathroom means minus points. Wetting in class definetely means minus points, and will make the other girls stay clear of you. Of course, not all teachers may let you go to the bathroom at any time, so if you neglected going before class a disaster may be inevitable...

ares

For this I personally wouldn't care if it was realistic but I don't know that you could really say because everyone has different metabolism rates.
The wetter the better.

Tru

Well, the problem is that the numbers can vary quite widely. For instance, someone who's just drinking water isn't going to need to pee nearly as soon as someone drinking coffee (caffeine causes very dramatic differences here). In addition with things like metabolism, age, and other nutritional information taken into account... I'd give up on trying to create such a realistic model. You'd need far, FAR more data than is reasonable for a project of this nature. If I were you, I'd just conduct some personal experiments and use approximations derived from those.
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.