New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Fanfictions in other languages

Started by Shanghai, January 08, 2009, 07:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanghai

Is it possible to post fanfictions in other languages like german? Cause my english isn't good enough to write a story in english.I also know that most people here just can read english but it would be nice if I could contribute a few story's in german here on the board.

Shanghai

I'm sure there a few people here who actually can read german but aren't that good in english, so it's mainly for them.Or,if possible, someone could translate it, that would be nice  :lol:

FallenStar

If the fanfics are translated from German into English (or any other language into English), it's allowed, otherwise, the answer is no.

The administration in particular must be able to read the fanfiction and make sure there is nothing in there that can cause this site to be taken down by the U.S. government. Sorry, it's the U.S. Law.

packrat

You could always use Yahoo's Babel Fish or Google translator to translate them into English and then post them here afterwards.  (just make sure it's the english verision that you post here.)

I recommend Google's because they do a better job of translating IMO.

Shanghai

@Star

Thx for the info, didn't know that.

@packrat

I'm going to try it with the google translator. I just hope that google's going to translate it correctly.

andreww9933

Maybe we could have a page translator on the website like yahoo or something. That would be cool. That way if a person can't read english they could simply click a button and change to spanish or what ever language they speak.
"I'll be the God of Death any day"-- Duo Maxwell, Gundam Wing