New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Daily Posts and Spam Termination

Started by packrat, October 06, 2008, 04:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oramisho

I got a question. If you only want people who actually wanna talk join the forum. Why not just, you know, make the image gallery public? Does trying force members who want to see the gallery be part of the community really work? Or is this done to lower bandwith and not have so many people browsing the gallery?

lurker

I think the gallery is too mature to be made public...

FallenStar

Quote from: oramisho on November 04, 2008, 11:08:46 PM
I got a question. If you only want people who actually wanna talk join the forum. Why not just, you know, make the image gallery public? Does trying force members who want to see the gallery be part of the community really work? Or is this done to lower bandwith and not have so many people browsing the gallery?

Put it this way; if they're not willing to work to make this community as good as it can be, they don't deserve to get all the rewards of being a member here. 

packrat

Quote from: lurker on November 04, 2008, 08:57:31 AM
I'm kind of torn on this....I can understand the desire to enforce such a requirement since a lot of people just want freebies...but I know there are some people who can't comment daily...I'm in college and working so there are days where I'm just exhausted...not only that but then certain aspects of the site could turn into an obligation (people posting just because they think they have too rather than because the section interests them)....I would hate to see something like that kill the site.  Is it me? 

Posting has already become an obligation to the leechers.  People who join just for the images post because they have to in order to see the galleries.  Besides, the daily post suggestion was already voted out since the mods don't want to have to follow that rule themselves.

If anything, we need to be harder on the mebers who spam and whatnot.  Just editing their posts won't be enough.  We need to start deleting their posts more often and start taking priviledges and stuff.  We may even need to strat banning members who get on and do nothing but spam so they can look at the image gallery.

megafobia

Quote from: packrat on November 05, 2008, 02:15:42 PM
Posting has already become an obligation to the leechers.  People who join just for the images post because they have to in order to see the galleries.  Besides, the daily post suggestion was already voted out since the mods don't want to have to follow that rule themselves.

If anything, we need to be harder on the mebers who spam and whatnot.  Just editing their posts won't be enough.  We need to start deleting their posts more often and start taking priviledges and stuff.  We may even need to strat banning members who get on and do nothing but spam so they can look at the image gallery.

I agree, we just need to be harder on them. I know this may take up more of the mods time though :|
I'm fairly new here, and i havnt yet added to the picture gallery, but i come on here at least once a day and join in with diiscussions- thats what i enjoy most about the site :P Its really not too much to ask for people to try and join in in conversations and discussions.

FallenStar

Members who spam the intro board to get access are already banned and deleted as per regulation.

Spamming itself is prohibited, though I don't really like the idea of overly punishing people.  The punishment must fit the crime and right now, I like warning people once, twice, or three times before I go the final step and bring out TEH BAN HAMMER..  >=)