New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

You are in a room...

Started by GN54, November 12, 2008, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN54

Here's the scenario. You are in a room. The room is shaped like a wedge for some reason, and it is underwater. There are 5 holes in the ceiling of the room, which is slowly filling up with water. All that you have in this room is yourself, a hamster, a knife, and a piece of duct tape. Below is a picture of your tools. WHAT DO YOU DO?

Hint: there actually is a solution to this one.
Always wear socks to prevent the spread of FTDs.

Serika

Actually, that looks like a piece of electrical tape to me.

Anyway, i would float up to the ceiling and cut a hole in it with my knife, swim to shore, release the hamster and discard the tape. :3
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Merchant_Of_Death

Use spiral power to pierce the ceiling and the heavens with a motherfucking drill transformed from the knife/hamster.

Axtually I'd probably use the tape to cover how ever many holes it could cover by cutting it into sections with a knife then using the hamster to plug up the remaining one.
Kinda sucky ending for the hamster though.....

megafobia

use the knife to write a message on a strip of my clothing, then tie the note to the hamsters leg and shove the hamster through one of the holes. Hopefully the little fella will swim to safety and someone will find my note :)  :lol:

Loki275

Carve a message into the wall with the knife, tie the dude next to me up in duck tape, shove the hamster up his ass, and walk out the door to the room.  :lol: JK I really have no idea what I would do.
Would you like to play a game? Heads I win, tails you lose.

Merchant_Of_Death

Drowning is always an option :P

ghost sherlock

....if i'm wearing clothes; use them to make life jackets. (you can tie them and blow them up) (yes this actually works, just not as good as real lfe jackets) oh yeah! i forgot about the tape! that might work better than tying but i would do both to be on the safe side. if i want to see how deep i am under water i could unravel my socks and tie it to the hamster, then push it through the hole and wait a few minutes. then pull it back very fast and see if its still alive. (if it could hold its breath long enough to get away.) [this is kind of evil towards the hamster] if the hamster servived then iwould cut a hole in the side (its better than the top!) and try to swim for it. if the hamster died, well, i still would be low on options. it would depend on the variables.

for instance, is there water or ground underneath the room? is there land nearby above the water? does anyone know where i'm at or is anybody looking for me? etc... for the best solution, more variables would have to be known.

oh! i forgot, you said that the room was shaped like a wedge! thats a valuable clue. ....too bad i don't feel like revising my answer right now. i already thought of a few other possibilities.

one thing is for certain; I WILL SURVIVE!!!!!!!!! *gun
(violence + randomness = a happy me)

laxxe23

id climb out one of the holes since you didnt specify their size

FallenStar

What do I do?

That's easy. I drown.

I'm not smart at puzzles, plus there's a shocking lack of information as pointed out by several of the above posters. The only way to know for sure is to actually be there.  and even then, I'd drown 'cause I'm too stupid to figure out that the scenario isn't realistic for me and panic.  xD

Merchant_Of_Death

Oh I just thought of another way. take the knife and carve a transmutation circle then use the tape, knife and mouse and transmutate it into that gun thing from portal, shoot a orange blast up through one of the holes to the surface, then make a blue one in the side and go through it.
He never said it had to make sense.....

megafobia

these guesses are getting wilder and wilder  :lol:

GN54, care to enlighten us with the solution?